Subject: Emulex resources?

From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 24 14:33:00 2003

I've been to Al's repository on spies.com and found a few documents,
but I'm looking for some info on a variety of Emulex disk controllers.
The level of detail I'm at is what controllers support which drives
and emulate which DEC interfaces...

I.e. - I have an SC21 on the way that emulates an RH11/RH70 and lets me
talk to a variety of SMD drives as if they were RM02/RM03/RM05/RM80
drives.  I also have a QD34 that was an entire Pound that I'd like to
press into service, but I have no cables... I was contemplating removing
the I/O transition board and fabricating a "standard" A&B cable connector
interface (60 pin/multi-26-pin).

I'm also curious to get a reference to other controllers in case I
see them float by... most of the ones for sale lack specifics due to
seller ignorance.

Thanks,

-ethan

---

From: Jochen Kunz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 24 17:42:22 2003

On 2003.06.24 21:28 Ethan Dicks wrote:

> I'm looking for some info on a variety of Emulex disk controllers.
I have the manuals for the QD32 and QD33 (SMD to MSCP) as well as the
QT14 (Pertec tape to TS11 or TMSCP). I can scan them if I get back the
ADF for my scanner... 
-- 

tschüß,
       Jochen

Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/

---

From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 24 20:01:00 2003

> QT14 (Pertec tape to TS11 or TMSCP). I can scan them if I get back the

I should be getting QD21 docs with the QD21 card.  SC21 docs are
available.  What I could _really_ use is QD34 docs.  I can also see
a QD33 in my future, since it's a) small, and b) talks to SMD-E
drives.

Thanks,

-ethan

---

From: Jochen Kunz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 25 04:51:00 2003

On 2003.06.25 02:57 Ethan Dicks wrote:

> What I could _really_ use is QD34 docs.  I can also see
I don't know the difference from the QD33 to the QD34. But maybe the
only difference is the card layout? (Like the functional identical QT13
dual QBus and the QT14 quad QBus with SBox handle.) The QD33 is dual
QBus and the QD34 is listet in the field-guide as "For VAX 3500/3600"
i.e. SBox. 

So if you want I can give you a short description of the "interresting"
parts of the QD33 manual or I can scan it. The later would take a week
or two (to get back my ADF). 
-- 

tschüß,
       Jochen