Subject: RE: 3.5" floppy drive in IBM XT?

From: "Steve Thatcher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 7 19:29:00 2003

the hard drive is definitely a replacement. The orginal XT harddrive
was a full height and I believe it was a Seagate ST412 (10 meg).
As for the floppy controller, it may have a bios extension on
board in rom that contains the driver for it unless there was
a XT bios upgrade available for it, but I don't recall that or
IBM creating a 3.5" board for the XT

best regards, Steve Thatcher

>--- Original Message ---
>From: Joe <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Date: 4/7/03 10:12:47 AM
>
  I picked up an old IBM XT today and it has a 3.5" floppy drive
in it (and it works!) Anybody ever heard of this? The drive has
it's own controller card and both it and the drive appear to
be IBM parts. )I haven't pulled everything apart to be sure.)
 FWIW the computer also has a FH 5 1/4" floppy drive and a HH
5 1/4" 10 Mb hard drive with a Seagate logo on the front of it.
Anybody know if this is an original XT hard drive or a replacement
drive? It's been so long since I've seen an original XT with
the 10 Mb drive that I don't remember much about it.
>   Joe