Subject: Re: Free Computers in St. Louis: PCjr, Apple IIGS and more

From: "Bill Kotaska" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Mar 8 16:32:00 2003

I live nearby and may be interested in some of these free goodies if they are
still around. I just joined the group so can you contact me? Thanks.
Bill
  Subject: Free Computers in St. Louis: PCjr, Apple IIGS and more

I've finally come to realization that I do not need 2 (or more) of every
computer I can latch on to.  I have a complete IBM PCjr system with monitor
and keyboard and several Apple IIGS systems all with keyboard, monitor and
floppy drive.  I also have some CoCo 2's, TI-99/4A's, some ugly Amiga 1000's
and some C-64's.  I realize these are aren't the rarest of computers but they
are still fun to tinker with and the price is right.  These are free for
pickup only, I will not ship them.  If you're passing through the St. Louis
area on I-70 in St. Charles drop me a line and we can arrange a meeting.  If
you are able to stop by and feel like geeking out I have 300ish computers in
the basement including an Atari 1400XL with 1090XL box, Altair 8800, IMSAI
8080, PET 2001 and others that you might like to check out.

Nick

---

From: "Stuart Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Mar 8 19:28:00 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Kotaska" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2003 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: Free Computers in St. Louis: PCjr, Apple IIGS and more

>   Subject: Free Computers in St. Louis: PCjr, Apple IIGS and more
<SNIP>
> 8080, PET 2001 and others that you might like to check out.

That is too bad about the shipping; I understand totally as I am disabled
and shipping something is a major pain unless I want to pay extra to have it
picked up. For that matter, boxing something up or unpacking stuff isn't a
lot of fun for me with my bad back, etc. Like my mom told me, I should never
have ridden that motorcycle in traffic!

I really would like to have a fully working Apple II /GS system. I've been
thinking about building a 65816 SBC and the Apple would make a nice
development environment for it as well as being a classic computer. If
someone has one to get rid of or sell reasonably, feel free to let me know
off-list.

Stuart Johnson