Subject: sale of linux.net

From: William Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 21 13:12:42 2003

Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 00:20:21 +0100 (MET)
From: "Fred N. van Kempen" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
Subject: Re: Linux.net

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd drop you a note to let you know that I've finally sold
the linux.net domain. It took a while (about 15 people have bid on the
domain) to find someone who had plans to do something worthwhile with
it, but that finally happened last week. I'm not allowed to tell you who
actually bought the domain, because they apparently have some big
announcement planned for LinuxWorld next week, but I can tell you this:
It's *definitely not* Microsoft, and they're planning some cool &
useful things for the site.

Cheers,
         Fred
--
Fred N. van Kempen, MCSE                                   [email-masked]
InfoMagic Nederland VOF     ICQ: 2944198  WWW: 
<http://www.infomagic.nl/~waltje>http://www.infomagic.nl/~waltje
Postbus 1185, 1400 BD  BUSSUM  NL     +31 (35) 6980059   FAX  +31 (35) 6980215

          UNIX, Windows NT BackOffice and Internetworking Consultants

----------------

I have been reading some of the code you wrote in the
early 1990's, lib/getargs.c

So doing a little google search turned up the attached
message. Going to the www.linux.net web page turned
up nothing of interest. May I ask Who bought the
name from you and what WERE there plans? Seems that
all has gone by the way-side.

Thanks,

-- Bill ([email-masked]
-- Bill ([email-masked])