Subject: NeXT monitor cables

From: william pointon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jul 13 19:59:38 2003

hey gang - i hope exeryones doing well -- im in need of some next stuff 
to get a couple systems running -

1 - a video/sound y cable to connect a color nextstation to a soundbox 
and a color monitor

2 - the 3-bnc adaptor that goes on the monitor end of the y cable if 
youre not using a next monitor

3 - a mono video cable to connect a mono nextstation to a mono monitor

4 - also i need 2 next keyboards (non adb)

5 - ??? - i would really like to find a copy of openstep 4,2 mach or 
nextstep 3.3

------- thanks a bunch and please reply off list --- billp

---

From: Ian Primus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jul 13 23:07:01 2003

On Sunday, July 13, 2003, at 08:54 PM, william pointon wrote:

> hey gang - i hope exeryones doing well -- im in need of some next 
> stuff to get a couple systems running -
>

If you find an extra one of these, let me know, I have been in search 
of one for a long time. I have a very nice NextStation Color that I 
have never been able to use because I don't have the blasted cable. I 
dug up the pinouts of all the things the cable connects to - sound box, 
monitor, nextstation, and drew up schematics for the cable. I never 
built it though, because I wasn't sure if it would work, and I wouldn't 
want to risk frying my system because of a hacked together cable. I am 
pretty sure that it's close, though, and I can post the schematics if 
anyone has a proper cable and would like to multimeter it out and see 
if I was right. If we can create a proper set of schematics for this 
cable, it would be simple to build. I'm sure there are several of us 
out there that need one of these cables.

Ian Primus
[email-masked]

---

From: Don Maslin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 14 01:34:00 2003

> out there that need one of these cables.

I have in hand the following:

	1  2280.01 Next Y-cable
	2  4536.00 Next Y-cable

It is my understanding - though I cannot at the moment lay hands
on my reference for this - that the 2280 is a non-ADB unit,
whereas the 4536 will go either way.

If you chaps can sort out who needs/wants what and make me a
reasonable bid, perhaps we can all come out satisfied on this.
Please contact me off list.

						- don