Subject: fair price for apple articles

From: "Damien Cymbal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 05:39:00 2003

I'm not up on what is considered a good deal for old Apple hardware, but I
have a guy offering me the following and I'm wondering what I should be
considering.  I haven't personally seen the stuff yet so I don't have all the
specifics, but he says it is all in good condition, running, yadda yadda "you
won't be disappointed."

2 Apple II GS, a IIc (claimed to be new in box), a Mac Plus, couple monitors,
external floppy and hard drives and "scads of software and manuals".

Sorry I can't be more precise at the moment, but maybe if I could get some
ballpark figures....

Thanks,

dc

---

From: Mike Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 06:35:00 2003

>external floppy and hard drives and "scads of software and manuals".

A IIc if it REALLY is new in box, and not just clean and in a box, and it 
has everything a new in box unit should have, then "maybe" it might have 
some special value, nothing else you mention does. The IIc has some 
collectible value in Japan, at least I know a couple japanese people who 
buy them at swap meets for like $10 and seem happy about it.

That said I run across a fair amount of stuff that is long used, but clean, 
and stored in its original box minus the usual this and that people tend to 
lose over time. Many home users kept the original boxes, and put the stuff 
back in them for storage, and it doesn't give them much if any added value.

$20 is often a nice token amount, much more an you are doing the person a 
big favor, even if it is new in box.

Of course there are a few bits that change the value, but nothing suggests 
they are present.

********************************

Question for the rest of the group, is the RGB adapter/thingy worth looking 
for that goes on a IIc+?

---

From: Joël Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 06:49:01 2003

hello, what is the price? can you shipping it to france?
mail me to : [email-masked]
thanks

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 08:54:01 2003

> external floppy and hard drives and "scads of software and manuals".

$100 is fair.

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *

---

From: Patrick Finnegan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 11:15:00 2003

Hey, you never got back to me about the Mac Plus.  Please let me know if
you still want it.  I have now found a keyboard and mouse I could ship
with it, would be willing to include them for an additional US$5.

If you don't let me know within a day, I will be reposting it to list as
'avalable'.

Pat
--
Purdue Universtiy ITAP/RCS
Information Technology at Purdue
Research Computing and Storage
http://www-rcd.cc.purdue.edu