Subject: RE: BA11-F boxer muffin fan source ?

From: "Luc Vande Velde" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 18 10:53:20 2003

Hi, I had to look up a few words of your reply in the dictonary...
You can (or could) do that for your own equipment, but I can't imagine me
walking around
with grease tubes and mineral spirits in the computer rooms of those days.
Second, a fan costed about $10-$15 and a computer engineer about $80-$100
per hour.
Third, you could't take the risk - if the bloody thing went down again the
next 12 months, you smoked a huge cuban havana...
and at last, this things are supposed to be impedance protected, but after
being stalled for some time, more then once the windings were damaged...
this was perhaps less common on the 110V versions, but our european 220V's
had other behaviors.

This was not ebay stuff you bought for a few bucks, but $80.000 - $100.000
equipment.

Luc

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of R. D. Davis
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 7:39 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: BA11-F boxer muffin fan source ?

Quothe Luc Vande Velde, from writings of Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 07:09:49PM
+0200:
> I 've replaced them by the dozens in those early days - this are industry

Why???  I thought that only clueless biz'driods and related idiots
replaced perfectly good repairable equipment.  All that one needs to
do is disassemble the fans, clean them up, soak the old bearings/race
assembly in mineral spirits, apply new grease and then reassemble the
fans.

--
Copyright (C) 2003 R. D. Davis The difference between humans & other
animals:
All Rights Reserved            an unnatural belief that we're above Nature &
[email-masked]  410-744-4900  her other creatures, using dogma to justify
such
http://www.rddavis.org         beliefs and to justify much human cruelty.