Subject: Need Computer History Info Research Help 1965-1979 DEC pdp 8E

From: Thomas Kimball <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jul 27 07:42:07 2003

Hello folks,
I have been trying to research and find out what certain
computers and accessorys.I have wriiten below questions I have
to the veries parts in the pictures in which I tring to figure
out. 

I will be only sending out two of the pictures of these
computers to start with. These computers where used in submarine
dectection ASW.

 I'm trying to help the US Navy Historical Center out with info
on the breakdown of the hardware. Any information would be of
great help. 

Thanks

----------------------------------

Above where it reads FIELD-8E SYSTEMS 1 looks like some type of
signal generator ? an analog output ring  ?

Are Some type of Data Transmitter that can send test signals for
either teletypewriter or data communications. 

In the middle I would guess is a computer battery maybe ?

And at the bottom you have a bunch of LCD lights there in the
center above and also a lot of headphone jacks and looks like
for each set of headphone jacks equals the amount of knobs to
turn same in the center right headphone jacks to and up or down
switch.  

Above MARKSMAN plotter-printer notice the numbers above 
Array recorder ?

Center Above is duel Tape recorders

Center Bottom is some type of Oscillator possible used as a
computer monitor as then I guess that is what was used as
computer monitor as today’s also use frequencies. The knobs on
the oscillator would be used to see the frequency that the tape
is recording from picking up the sound from the signal generator
? 

And at the bottom is the DEC PDP-8E Computer

PDP-8E CPU with extended arithmetic element. KL8E 2400 baud
communications port

________________________________________________
Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

[demime 1.01a removed an attachment of type image/jpeg]

[demime 1.01a removed an attachment of type image/jpeg]