Subject: Apple Lisa XL on eBay

From: "Keys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 12 09:46:00 2003

Boy now the XL's are going for crazy prices.  $750 plus $75 shipping and
handling.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3411411855

---

From: "Chandra Bajpai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 12 14:09:00 2003

And I thought the economy was in the toilet.  Maybe all the money that
normally flows into the stock market is going into collectables?
TRS-80s are also fetching crazy prices.

-Chandra

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Keys
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2003 10:44 AM
To: cctech@classiccmp
Subject: Apple Lisa XL on eBay

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 12 14:27:01 2003

At 03:05 PM 4/12/03 -0400, you wrote:
>And I thought the economy was in the toilet.  

   Only for the average citizen. The rich are richer than ever thanks to Bush and administration (or maybe I should say LACK of administration!)

   Joe

Maybe all the money that

---

From: Marvin Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 12 14:48:00 2003

>    Only for the average citizen. The rich are richer than ever thanks to Bush and administration (or maybe I should say LACK of administration!)

Most people are *always* willing to believe that is it someone elses
fault, and blame others for the current situation.

I think the high prices for some of the items on ebay are primarily due
to new people bidding. Look at the bidding history, and most likely you
will find a couple of people battleing it out rather than the
intelligent way of either bidding your maximum at the first bid, or
sniping.

---

From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 12 14:59:01 2003

> TRS-80s are also fetching crazy prices.

Not so far of reality in Spain just now, Chandra. Interest Rates are more
down here
(in all Europe really) than ever in the past. You can get mortgages for
%2,90 when
sixteen years ago, when I began to work, it was in %15. In the other side,
bank accounts
paid over %12 in these far dates. Now you must pay for your account :-) The
money
searched the Stocks Market here during last six years, but last two were
very bad for the
investors. No alternatives in appeareance. What's happening with the money ?
Three ways: underground economy; an absolutely ahead (and crazy) buying of
all kind
of residential homes, garages, and bussines places(that is being the cause
of a growing
of the prices in last six years in the %60 !); and investments in
collectables. I know it
because I get all the weeks a couple of economic newspapers and I saw the
evolution
of its recomendations in investments during last year.

I have the impression that something so is happening in other places in
Europe but not
exactly like here. Oh, and here the computers are not exactly (with
exception of the
UK perhaps) a general matter of collecting.

Thanks and greetings
Best Regards
Sergio