Subject: Microchannel Ethernet

From: "nedry " <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jul 22 21:28:57 2003

Don't need that... but, anyone got any microchannel ethernet cards?  I have an IBM PS2/95 server, with only token ring.  It's that or I have to build my own token ring segment.  Kind of a drag...

Thanks,

Mark

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
From: Bill Richman <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Date:  Tue, 22 Jul 2003 09:19:02 -0500 (CDT)

>We've got a bunch of it at work, too.  Probably 200 cards (mixed ISA &
>PCI), several Madge "Smart" CAUs, LAMs, and RAMs, and a boatload of patch..

---

From: Mike Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Aug 2 03:40:00 2003

I found an Apple TechStep at a surplus place today, bare unit (cables but 
not ac adapter were there, but it wasn't "handy" to buy the cables this 
trip, and they seemed nothing special). A quick web search and the only hit 
is to the archives of this list, John Keys reporting his finding of one 
complete with manuals. Mine has CPU tests and SCSI tests roms installed. I 
have no idea what I will really do with it, but I am curious about the AC 
adapter voltage and polarity, and would like to fool with it sometime if I 
can get the basic info on using it. If anybody has a serious itch for it, 
let me know.

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Aug 2 07:50:22 2003

What the heck is an Apple TechStep?

   Joe

---

From: "Keys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Aug 3 00:17:01 2003

The information you asked for is as follows: output DC 9V 500mA Class 2
power supply (but you can run it off a 9 volt battery, you do not need the
ac adapter), part number 077-0668, outer tip is positive and inner tip is
negative. The manual is 70 pages long and if you need more info let me know.
The system is pretty simple to operate once you get all the cables and
software for it. There are four test modules with module four being the
hardest to get. Here's are little more tips on it: powered by a MC68HC11
8-bit single-chip microcontroller; there about 4 diskettes that come with it
(with the report generator diskette being the most important); cables that
come with it are: ADB(2), mini DIN-8 serial(2), DB-25-to-25 SCSI(1), and
stereo audio(1).  Hope this helps. John