Subject: RE: US Gov't/Navy DEC clearout

From: "Alan Perry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 20 16:09:00 2003

DRMO is the group at a US military base responsible for taking care of
surplused equipment.  Some of it ends up being auctioned, for example,
through web sites like www.govliquidation.com.  Some of it ends up
disposed of as scrap.

alan

---Original Message---
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked],[email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 10:05:15 -0000
Subject: RE: US Gov't/Navy DEC clearout

Hi folks,

Got this from a contractor working for the navy; how he found me before
he
found any other place that collects DEC stuff I don't know :)

Replies to email address he's given me ([email-masked]),
particularly as I don't know what the DRMO is! Pity there won't be any
disks
in that haul 'cos I could really do with some RZ29Bs....oh well.
'Course, it
might also just be PCs.

------
realname: CECIL FINLEY
email: [email-masked]
message: I'm a contractor for the US gov't and they are in the process of
getting rid of a load of DEC equipement.  You could get these items
through
the DRMO, but you'd have to pick them up and ship them personally. 
Contact:
[email-masked] for further details.
------

cheers

--
adrian/witchy
www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk - the online computer museum
www.snakebiteandblack.co.uk - monthly gothic shenanigans

---

From: "Witchy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 21 12:35:06 2003

Well, I hope it all gets claimed - can't have DEC stuff being scrapped can
we! Unless its the PCs of course.

adrian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of Alan Perry
> Sent: 20 March 2003 22:07
> To: [email-masked]

---

From: Paul Mika <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 21 17:53:00 2003

Around 1 yr. ago the Postal Service had skids and skids of DEC and HP and
many other computers. Most were sold at $30 but some went for $20.
Kbd and mouse included.
Monitors were $45.00.
They sold them due to downsizing of the P.O.
There were even some Mac stuff. I got a super Apple laser printer for $40
without a cartridge. ($45 on ebay.)
Eventually they had to vacate the building(an old P.O. processing center
that was sold) and they scrapped around 200 misc. computers. Just dumped
them.

---

From: Mail List <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Mar 22 01:06:00 2003

> They sold them due to downsizing of the P.O.

Actually, I'd seen at our local post office, in about that time frame,
they were putting in a new, more modern, POS type system

---

From: Mike Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 21 21:24:00 2003

>  www.govliquidation.com.

Poking around at some semi local auction I found some microfiche readers 
and printers 
http://usainfo.com/hooks/Niinall.asp?P=5510&Userid=llg&Niin=673000MICROFI&LLK=99