Subject: Re: phones and Dictaphone

From: "Dr. Charles E. Morris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 30 00:46:56 2003

It was a very popular song around 1981. Tommy Tutone's biggest hit, 867-5309
(Jenny). She was the young lady whose number was written ..."on the wall,
For a good time, call..."

> There was an 867-5309, which matches the name of a song that was popular
> some years ago.
> reported occasional calls from strangers asking for Jenny (who, I guess,
was
> a character in the song).
> Jeffrey Sharp

I've never seen a computer made by them either. Only thing I know is a bad
joke:
Doctor 1: "Can I borrow your Dictaphone?"
Doctor 2: "No, just dial with your finger like everyone else"

8^P
-Charles

>    Speaking of cleaning out the closets. I was helping clean out some
stuff from the estate of a deceased writer of computer and electronics books
and found a work book for a CPM course that Dictaphone taught. I didn't know
that Dictaphone even made CPM computers. This is a thin book and it's pretty
elementary but it might be of interst to someone that has a Dictaphone
machine or is a CPM collector.
>      Joe