Subject: reading HP disk drives with HP LIF Util and HP-IB card in a PC?

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 10 20:53:01 2003

I was playing around with the HP LIF Utilities and found that it's
supposed to be able to read a HP disk drive via a HP-IB card installed in a
PC. I tried it but can't get it to work. The buss number is strange (bus 0)
and it says that the drive is incompatible. Has anyone here had any
experience using it that way?

    JOe

---

From: Andreas Holz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 12 02:55:01 2003

>experience using it that way?
Joe,

which kind of LIF-Utilities? - for the PC? Where are these utilitiels 
available?

Andreas

---

From: "Stan Sieler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jun 15 17:14:18 2003

> which kind of LIF-Utilities? - for the PC? Where are these utilitiels 

Some are available, free, at Agilent's web site:
http://ftp.agilent.com/pub/mpusup/pc/old/

The lifarc file contains most of the utilties, IIRC.
-- 
Stan Sieler
[email-masked]
www.allegro.com/sieler/wanted/index.html