Subject: DaynaFile

From: Eric Josephson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 18:45:00 2003

Has anyone managed to find drivers for the DaynaFile?

I have a couple I'd like to experiment with.  One non-functional,
unfortunately, but I pulled the rom on it to image it and
attempt a disassembly.  I have another that appears to work,
or at least responds to a scsi inquiry.  I plan to hook
it up to a logic analyzer to get a memory map of the board.

The logic boards on the two I have are simple, with common
parts in clip-friendly 40-pin dip packages:

scsi:   DP5380
floppy: WD2793
micro:  8031

Documentation is available for all of these, so a person could
potentially write new firmware.  Probably much easier than
disassembling the rom.

I remember using a DaynaFile on a NeXT cube with an old (ca.1990?)
version of Nextstep, so there are potentially Nextstep drivers
out there as well.

Regards,

--
Eric Josephson