Subject: Tek 1230

From: "Fellman, Dan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jun 23 16:07:27 2003

Hi,

I came across your 8008/8080 web page while searching for info on old
Tektronix logic analyzers.

I recently bought a model 1220 analyzer on eBay which is very similar to the
1230 you describe. It didn't come with pods or probes, but I thought I might
be able to improvise something. After some study of the front panel
connector with an ohmmeter and voltmeter, I believe I've identified the data
lines, power and ground, and some other inputs that must be used for clocks
and control signals, but the analyzer doesn't respond to any of the signals
I feed in. It seems to have some mechanism for recognizing that a compatible
Tek pod is attached. The input channels just show up as "unused" when I
attempt to acquire data. I suppose it could be some setup step I'm missing,
but I don't see anything on the various menus that looks like a pod enable.

I'd appreciate any insight you can give me into this problem. Also, are you
aware of other pods that go with these units besides the P6444's?

Thanks,

Dan