Subject: Collecting siilicn wafers

From: "Dave Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Mar 9 02:01:00 2003

I noted some time back that chip collectors are not highly regarded 
on this site - on the grounds that they are prepard to 'mine' perfectly 
functioning boards in pursuit of their interest. 

My interest is in collecting whole, undiced silicon wafers. These are 
much more accessible for research and the interest does not conflict with 
those of other people. 

Are there other interested people out there? If this site is not the best 
for this sort of discussion can you recommend a better one? 

Dave

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Mar 9 08:24:00 2003

> functioning boards in pursuit of their interest.

Dave, certain chip collectors are not highly regarded on this mailing
list.  Responsible and non-obnoxious ones are quite welcome.

> for this sort of discussion can you recommend a better one?

I don't know that this is necessarily the best place to discuss collecting
wafers.  I guess it depends on how or whether you objectify them.

Why do you collect them?

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *