Subject: RE: Wang Computer Systems/schematics

From: "Luc Vande Velde" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 17 11:27:00 2003

About the OIS140 system I am sure I have all the schematics (at least till
1981 - the year I left Wang)
About the terminal - I have only known the all-in-one versions (there were 2
models I think, one was 8080 based, the newer one Z80 based)
The problem might be to reproduce them - in those days schematics were real
blueprints - size at least A3 some even A2 (sorry but I can not translate
this to "other side of the ocean" format) in any case to large for my
scanner.
During the years they also colored pretty brown or gray, so I am afraid a
regular copy might be hard to read.
If I had the time I could redraw them in a schematic program but time is one
of the things I miss most in my life...

It was goo to see this old OIS140 back on your website - I haven't seen one
since I left Wang. If I could find one in Europe, it would be a pleasure to
start it up again.

I 'll try to find the floppy disks back - I had all system diagnostics,
games (you the good old cave...) and so on...

Luc Vande Velde
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Jim Donoghue
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 2:07 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Wang Computer Systems/schematics

I've been trying to find schematics for some time now.. the only thing I
have managed to find so far are some VS-85 schematics. I have started an
OIS web site, you can see it at www.cass.net/~jdonoghu/wang.html

If you can find them, I'd be interested in them!

On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 03:14, Luc Vande Velde wrote:
> Hi, I ve been working at Wang in a previous life. Should be (or was) an
OIS
> specialist...
> I might have all schematics - software and so on somewhere.
> If you need them give al yell back and I 'll look for it
>
> Luc Vande Velde
> Belgium
>

--
Jim Donoghue
Smithy Co.
(734) 913-6700