Subject: someone should rescue these

From: Tom Uban <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 5 10:51:00 2003

There is a nice set of H960 racks up on eBay, about to close in the next
hour or so:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3417760448&category=11831

No, I don't have anything to do with this except that I hate to think what
will happen to them if no one picks them up. I would love to have them, but
NJ isn't in my neck of the woods. If someone was willing to pick them up
for me and store them until I could drive out, that would be great!

These cabinets don't become available very often and this set appears to have
the side panels, which can be hard to find all by themselves.

--tom

---

From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 5 12:27:00 2003

Sweet.

> ...NJ isn't in my neck of the woods.

Mine, either.  I did that run last year to NJ with Dan Cohoe, but I
had a head-start - I was in Western PA already.

> These cabinets don't become available very often and this set appears to
> have the side panels, which can be hard to find all by themselves.

I can attest to that.  I have plenty more H960 cabinets than side panels.

If someone is looking to get into/spruce up DEC hardware, this is a
sweet deal.  They aren't too hard to handle when empty, and lay down
just fine.  As I've mentioned before, you can get two in the back of
a VW Microbus (but my Microbus engine is in the basement, so the bus
don't go so fast right now ;-)

-ethan

---

From: Tom Uban <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 5 13:04:00 2003

Excellent, there is a bid on the racks! I can rest more easily that
they won't end up in a dump or scrapped.

--tom