Subject: Reference for IBM PC/AT Prototype Adapter (16bit version)

From: "David C. Jenner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 24 17:39:00 2003

Does anyone have the technical reference for the 16-bit version
of the PC/AT prototype adapter, part 6450220?  Or a pointer to
it online?

Thanks,
Dave
-- 
David C. Jenner
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Tue Jun 24 17:53:00 2003

> of the PC/AT prototype adapter, part 6450220?  Or a pointer to

I'm pretty sure I have it. IIRC, though, it's just buffers and maybe 
address decoder circuits, so it should be trivial to reverse-engineer the 
card, if you need to know what signals appear on what solder pads, etc

The TechRef is nothing more than the physical dimensions of the card and 
the schematic of the IBM-built part. There are no examples of how to use 
it, or anything like that.

-tony

---

From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 24 19:53:00 2003

> card, if you need to know what signals appear on what solder pads, etc

I have _a_ third-party PC/AT proto card, with select logic on one
end, and a sea of holes on the other - no map of what chips go in
which spots (but a couple of them should be easy to guess).  I should
scan it, put it on my web site, then ask if anyone has seen that model
before.

-ethan