Subject: RE: In search of Christopher Willis

From: "Feldman, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 19 09:09:00 2003

My '73 Toyota Land Cruiser Station Wagon had a starting crank.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Duell [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2003 6:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: In search of Christopher Willis

> The newest car that I've had that had a crank was a 1958 VW pickup,
> although the U.S. models stopped in the early 50s.  But the parts were

I am pretty sure that UK Land Rovers had the starting handle at least 
until the late 1970s... The series 3 workshop manual shows the special 
dog bolt anyway.

The starting handle makes some maintenance jobs (setting the valve 
clearances and the static ignition timing, for example) a lot easier too...

-tony

---

From: Andy Cranston <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 19 09:46:00 2003

And you can reverse your vehicle up steep sand dunes too (see Ice Cold in
Alex :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Duell [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, May 17, 2003 6:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: In search of Christopher Willis

-tony

_____________________________________________________________________
This message has been checked for all known viruses by the 
Selway Moore Ltd (www.selwaymoore.com) scanning service, powered by
MessageLabs. For further information visit
http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp

________________________________________________________________________
** Please note our new address for all correspondence and deliveries: **
   Selway Moore House   169 Basingstoke Road    Reading    RG2 0DY

   Selway Moore Solutions      t +44(0)118 903 7907 f +44(0)118 903 7908
   Selway Moore Limited
     Recycle division sales    t +44(0)118 903 7903 f +44(0)118 903 7904
     Corporate and admin       t +44(0)118 903 7900 f +44(0)118 903 7901

For our latest news http://www.selwaymoore.com/modules/news/index.cfm
________________________________________________________________________
This message has been checked for all known viruses by the Selway Moore
scanning service powered by MessageLabs.  For further information and
statistics on current viruses visit http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp