Subject: RE: Please help with Board ID

From: "Tillman, Edward" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 11 06:46:00 2003

Sounds like he's run into the baby-sister of Radiant company's proprietary
"Power-8" serial card (loosely based on an old Boca design).  Its an 8-port
powered serial card made to handle 8 RJ45/RS-232 connections, and is driven
by a rather bulky (and balky) DefaultX command appliction (similar to a
fusion of config.sys and autoexec.bat all rolled into one).  It sports a
"Basis" CL-PD6729-QC-E and 2 "XP" ST-16C554DC9  chips, as well as a few that
aren't quite readable.  When it works, its a wonder.  When it fails (it
always seems to fail one-port-at-a-time...) its a nightmare.  (Ever wanna
see what happens when the peripheral at the other end of the RS-232 is also
powered??  How about ungrounded??)

Cheers!

Ed Tillman
Store Automation Tech Support Specialist
  Valero Energy Corporation
San Antonio, Texas, USA
Office: (210)592-3110, Fax (210)592-2048
Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Merchberger [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 6:51 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Please help with Board ID

Rumor has it that Tony Duell may have mentioned these words:
 > I wrote before that...
> > "TIL-XPC" and "TIL SYSTEMS LTD. XPC91 REV 2.0"
> >
> > It's got 4 RJ45 ports (I'm guessing RS-232, from all the 1488's &
> > 1489's...) 4 R6551's, an MC68B54 & an MC68B09EP... Is this just a 4-port
> > serial board with the 6809 playing traffic cop, or is it an "elusive"
OS-9
> > - based SBC?

Anywho, I'll write back when I have pix... Tony - is there any format of 
pictures you can view, or are you text-only? I have some software that can 
spit out IFF (Amiga, isn't it?), SUN, SGI & Targa...