Subject: Re: iUP-201 PC software

From: "Dwight K. Elvey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 7 12:31:00 2003

Hi Tim
 If someone else doesn't get you anything, I can write something
for you. I think you can easily drive it from the printer port
with an adapter cable( I've not totaled the signals needed ).
 Some of the newer boards require sequencing that I don't have
information on but for cards that program things like 1702A's
or 2708's, I have info on the sequences needed.
Dwight

>X-Authentication-Warning: huey.classiccmp.org: mailnull set sender to 
cctalk-admin using -f
>From: "Tim Shaw" <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: iUP-201 PC software
>
>Hi Robert
>I found your request for modules for a iUP201 Universal Programmer.
>I have just dusted off a iUP-201 we have had sitting on a shelf for as long
>as anyone here can remember.
>I cant help you with modules but I would be very grateful if you could help
>me with software to drive it from a PC.
>I need to use it to read the contents of a 2732 EPROM from an engine volume
>generator I hope to update.
>
>regards
>
>Tim Shaw                           [email-masked]
>Senior Technical Officer (Elect)     +61-3-63354805 Ph
>Technical Services                       +61-3-63266493 Fax
>Australian Maritime College           www.amc.edu.au

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 7 16:46:13 2003

Hey Dwight,

   If you write something, I'd like to get a copy too.  I finally got a
working iuP 201.  BTW I've been thinking of making a PC interface for the
UPP 103. I've finally got some docs on it and found out that it only uses
about six commands; three writes, two reads and one read status. I don't
know what they are but it should be too hard to grab the data with a logic
analyzer. I'm not planning on doing it anytime soon, right now I'm busy
re-building some MDSs.

   BTRW do you know if there was ever any software written for ISIS to
operate the iUP 201?

      Joe

---

From: "George Leo Rachor Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 7 19:53:35 2003

There was a program for both ISIS and DOS called "IPPS".  Now to find
it...

George Rachor

=========================================================
George L. Rachor Jr.		[email-masked]
Hillsboro, Oregon               http://rachors.com
United States of America        Amateur Radio : KD7DCX

---

From: Dave Mabry <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 7 20:06:39 2003

There was an ISIS-based program from Intel for the iUP 201.  In fact, 
that's what Intel supported it first under.  The MS-DOS version came 
much later.  The program is called IPPS.  I can e-mail the ISIS version 
to whoever wants it.  I have to look around for the DOS version, but I 
should have it, too.

-- 
Dave Mabry             [email-masked]
Dossin Museum Underwater Research Team

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jul 8 06:11:00 2003

I think I found an ISIS version of iPPS last night but I'd like to get
he MS-DOS version if you have it. Do you have the pinout for the cable?

    Joe