Subject: Re: HP 80 Series Software

From: "Erik Klein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 30 15:38:01 2003

>     As you've probably already found out, the HP-85 drives are mostly
> in-operable by now. The tapes also have some serious failures with 
age.
> I've managed to fix a few drives and I been able to read SOME of the 
tapes.
> But I found that the tapes usually fail COMPLETELY after a few uses. 
(Again
> see the archives) For several years I tried to get people to send me
> whatever tapes they had so that I could copy them to disk and 
preserve the
> SW but no one cooperated so I've given up.
 
I've got an HP 85 with a bad tape drive but with dozens of tapes.  I'd 
be happy to lend those to you for archiving, etc.

Right now they are in storage pending me moving into a new home (I 
hope), but once I recover them I'll get in touch with you if you're 
willing to set up to copy these.

    Erik Klein
    www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum
    The Vintage Computer Forum

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 30 15:56:00 2003

>willing to set up to copy these.

  Erik,

   Sure. Send them to me after you're finished with your move. I'll copy
them (if they can be copied) and return them to you along with a copy of
the SW on disks.

    Joe