Subject: Re: Apple IIe card

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Mar 23 09:59:00 2003

>Does anyone know if this IIe card is faster than the original IIe?  It
>looks like a fun toy to play with.  :-)

I can't say for sure, but I don't think it is.

>On a related note (hopefully not too far OT), does anyone have a Mac
>OS 8.5 system/install CD, that will work with a non-G3 PowerPC
>(e.g. 7200/90), that they can clone for me?

Send me your address (offlist) and I'm sure you'll get something in the 
mail in a few days :-)

>One more question for the Apple gurus on this list: will a monitor
>used with an LC work with a IIgs?

According to Apple... No. They specify that the IIgs RGB monitor is not 
compatible with the RGB in the Mac, so I infer that to mean the opposite 
to be true as well. I think the reason for it is the IIgs uses Analog 
RGB, while the Mac I believe uses Digital RGB. 

However, if your monitor happens to support Analog RGB, then you should 
be ok.

There is of course a composite video port on the IIgs so you can connect 
to anything that supports composite video (TV or Apple II series monitor, 
or whatever).

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: "R. D. Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Mar 23 12:05:01 2003

> Send me your address (offlist) and I'm sure you'll get something in the 

Thanks!

> However, if your monitor happens to support Analog RGB, then you should 

Hmmm, perhaps like an old Tandy RGB monitor... 

> to anything that supports composite video (TV or Apple II series monitor, 

Yes, I noticed that.  While my IIe's monitor is monochrome, that will do
for now.  Hey, I can pretend to be looking at a color display, right?
:-)

-- 
Copyright (C) 2002 R. D. Davis The difference between humans & other animals: 
All Rights Reserved            an unnatural belief that we're above Nature & 
[email-masked]  410-744-4900  her other creatures, using dogma to justify such
http://www.rddavis.org         beliefs and to justify much human cruelty.