Subject: Re: IBM Kingston

From: John Boffemmyer IV <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Apr 13 16:51:40 2003

Hey buddy, my dad used to work there for a subcontractor called Geiger on 
the Mainframe team which then turned into the power parallel housings 
design team in 1994. This group was in charge of creating the specs and 
"1st drafts" of the new housings for the units produced 1992-1996/7. The 
whole campus was pretty cool. Too bad security sucked so bad that I could 
get through the security card doors and checkpoints without ID. Wasn't that 
the campus where an ex employee got caught stealing over 85 million worth 
of equipment? The test labs for the power-parallel systems were pretty 
damned cool. I snuck a walk through once on a Saturday. It's like sneaking 
into a toy store after hours and looking at all the things that would make 
you drool.
-John Boffemmyer IV

At 08:36 AM 4/11/2003, you wrote:
>I really wish IBM Kingston hadn't closed.  That place was neat.  Anyone
>here used to work there?
>
>Peace...  Sridhar

----------------------------------------
Founder, Lead Writer, Tech Analyst
and Web Designer Boff-Net Technologies
http://boff-net.dhs.org/index.html
---------------------------------------

---

From: Gene Ehrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Apr 13 17:12:00 2003

>I really wish IBM Kingston hadn't closed.  That place was neat.  Anyone

I worked for IBM in Poughkeepsie but spent some time in the Kingston plant.