Subject: American Automation EZ-Pro development system

From: Arlen Michaels <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jul 8 14:24:01 2003

This microprocessor development system dating from the early 80s includes a
hardware in-circuit emulator for the Motorola 68HC11.  I'd like to get it
running but I have no documents or software.  Can anyone help?

The main box is model number AA-547 and I believe it hooks up by serial
cable to a host PC.  Besides the external ICE hardware, there's also a small
prom programmer box hanging off the system.

Thanks in advance,
Arlen Michaels

---

From: "Douglas Wood" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jul 8 15:32:00 2003

An 'HC11 emulator from the "early '80s"? I'm going from solely from memory
here, but I don't think that the 'HC11 existed then. Do you possibly mean
the 6805 series of microcontroller, perhaps?

Douglas Wood
Software Engineer
[email-masked]
ICQ#: 143841506

Home of the EPICIS Development System for the PIC
http://epicis.piclist.com

---

From: Arlen Michaels <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jul 8 18:18:00 2003

> the 6805 series of microcontroller, perhaps?

Sorry, I should have said "late 80s".  The firmware in the 68HC11 emulator
pod is dated 1-18-89.  The design of the main box likely did originate
somewhat earlier because it appears to be based on the SS-50 bus (believe it
or not) and certainly AA produced emulators for other early Motorola cpu's.

Arlen Michaels

-- 
Arlen Michaels
[email-masked]