Subject: Will you please stop your OT posts?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue Apr 15 17:03:16 2003

Mr. Hartman --

I now add my voice to the voices of others who have repeatedly requested that
you stop your grossly off-topic and impolite posts to this list.

Will you please stop this?

> Anyone who would like to read my replies may e-mail me
> off list to get them. I will send them in full.

Your continued attempt to justify your actions (posting private messages to a
public list) is very distasteful to me, and I'm sure others also find it so.

> I can't control either. But, I won't be stifled in my
> opinions because someone else wants to coddle people

The fact that you have an opinion does not entitle you to use this list to
express that opinion.  We are all here as guests.

> I posted these messages because I want it to stop.
>
> I want him to stop doing this, rather than having it
> tolerated.

You have no control over what others choose to tolerate, regardless of what
you "want."

> You say you know about it. How about doing something
> about it, rather than letting others be attacked and
> harrassed by him?

If Sellam should "attack" and/or "harass" someone other than yourself, is that
not their battle to fight?

> Because, I'm not willing to just ignore him and allow
> him to attack others on the list in the future.

I am not at all sure what you are suggesting here, but I *am* sure that I don't
like the sound of it.  Since you do not have the power to banish Sellam or
anyone else from this list, and since such a banishment would still not prevent
Sellam or anyone else from sending private email messages, the above-quoted
statement implies that you are prepared to take *some other course of action*
to achieve your stated goals.  Mr. Hartman, I am certain that posting such
sentiments to a public forum is not a wise thing to do.

> In return for that, he needs to control himself and
> treat members of this list with the respect he himself
> receives.

Mr. Hartman, who *are* you to state as a fact your opinion of what anyone
needs to do, on this list or off?

> So, posting to this list was an attempt to get others
> to cooperate in stopping his hate, without resorting

If this is so, then why have you not asked for help in clear and simple
language?  I believe you will find that the members of this list are not so
easily manipulated.

Again, I respectfully request that you cease these impolite, manipulative,
defensive, and off-topic posts.

Glen Goodwin
Orlando, FL  USA
0/0