Subject: Delayed messages to this group

From: "Ernest" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jul 26 19:27:52 2003

Has anyone else been experiencing posting delays for the cctalk list. I'm
seeing delays of from 2 to 4 days, and I'm not sure why. I am posting this
message at 10:30am on 7/24. It'll probably show up on the list right away
because I made a point of asking. LOL.

E.

---

From: "Jay West" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jul 26 20:03:00 2003

Ernest wrote...
> because I made a point of asking. LOL.

Ernest.... your problems are due to you not being subscribed to this list
under the address you are sending emails from.

Your email above originated from [email-masked], however, there is no
such subscriber. There is an [email-masked] which may or may not be
germane, but in any case your email was not coming from that address.

As a result, your posts to the list always get held for moderation instead
of going straight to the list and I have to approve each one. Hence, your
delay.

I would suggest you unsubscribe the [email-masked] address (IF it is in
fact yours). Then subscribe to either cctalk or cctech as you prefer (but
not both), and you won't have that delay any more.

Jay West

---

From: Geoff Reed <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jul 27 00:05:00 2003

>germane, but in any case your email was not coming from that address.

That's because Comacast recently bought out att broadband cable and 
transitioned everyone over to comcast.net.