Subject: Need command codes for Epson Stylus Color 600

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Apr 17 01:01:00 2003

Does anyone have documentation for the complete command codes of the Epson
Stylus Color 600 printer?

The command codes are apparently identical to those of the LQ-850, so a
manual for that printer will also do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *

---

From: Robert Borsuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Apr 17 07:42:00 2003

Sellam,
	I have the manual for the 600. I can scan in the back section that has  
the codes if you need.
Send to me off list.

Rob

On Thursday, April 17, 2003, at 01:57 AM, Vintage Computer Festival  

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Robert Borsuk - [email-masked]
President
Colourfull Creations
http://www.colourfull.com

---

From: Robert Borsuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Apr 17 07:54:01 2003

Hi All,
	I have to ask this. I subscribe to both lists. Whenever I post it 
always goes to both lists, how can I change this?

Thanks
Rob
(the cross-list infiltrator)

---

From: Jeffrey Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Apr 17 09:05:00 2003

On Thursday, April 17, 2003, Robert Borsuk wrote:
> I subscribe to both lists.

That is most likely an error.  You'll get duplicate copies of every on-topic
message posted to the list.

> Whenever I post it always goes to both lists, how can I change this?

You can't.  They aren't separate lists.  Think of them as two message
streams coming out of the same list.  Cctech is delayed but only sends you
on-topic posts.  This is a feature.

Our mail alias file contains lines similar to these:

cctalk:		classiccmp
cctech:		classiccmp
classiccmp:	"|post-to cctalk cctech"

-- 
Jeffrey Sharp

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Apr 17 10:19:00 2003

> always goes to both lists, how can I change this?

What e-mail address are you sending to?  The only way you could be sending
messages to both lists is if you are putting cctalk and cctech in your To:
field.

Sometimes messages come across the list that have both cctech and cctalk
in the reply-to: field.  Make sure when you reply you select one or the
other.

--

---

From: Jeffrey Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Apr 17 11:49:00 2003

On Thursday, April 17, 2003, Vintage Computer Festival wrote:
> > I have to ask this. I subscribe to both lists. Whenever I post it always
> > goes to both lists, how can I change this?
> 
> The only way you could be sending messages to both lists is if you are
> putting cctalk and cctech in your To: field.

Wrong.  No matter if you send it to cctalk or cctech (or even classiccmp),
it *always* goes to both lists.  There is no way for people to send to just
one of them.  Please read my previous post in this thread.

If you put both cctalk and cctech in the To: field, you're sending a
duplicate post; it goes to both lists twice.

> in the reply-to: field.  Make sure when you reply you select one or the

Actually, it doesn't matter to which address you reply.  It automatically
goes to both lists.

This is one more sign that I really need to dust off the new FAQ and finish
it. :-)

-- 
Jeffrey Sharp

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Apr 17 12:00:02 2003

> duplicate post; it goes to both lists twice.

Exactly, which is what I am saying, and which may explain why Robert's
messages are going to both lists.

--

---

From: "Rob O'Donnell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 18 06:25:01 2003

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe it's the standard Epson ESC-P codes you need.  The LQ-850 is 
definitely this.

Full technical manual available here:

http://www.epson.co.uk/cgi-bin/epson-uk/dirwrap.cgi?path=support%2Fmanuals%2Fpdf%2FESCP&sort=by_name&Submit=Go&template=manuals&case=lower

(If that doesn't wrap/work, the individual files are:)

http://www.epson.co.uk/support/manuals/pdf/ESCP/Part_1.pdf
http://www.epson.co.uk/support/manuals/pdf/ESCP/Part_2.pdf
http://www.epson.co.uk/support/manuals/pdf/ESCP/Part_3-Command_Compatibility_Table.pdf
http://www.epson.co.uk/support/manuals/pdf/ESCP/Part_4-Printer_Feature_Summary.pdf
http://www.epson.co.uk/support/manuals/pdf/ESCP/Part_5-Appendix.pdf
http://www.epson.co.uk/support/manuals/pdf/ESCP/Part_5B-Appendix.pdf
http://www.epson.co.uk/support/manuals/pdf/ESCP/Part_6-Glossary.pdf

Regards

Rob.