Subject: Help nomenclature???

From: Ron Hudson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 11 21:27:01 2003

IBM had a standard for text based user interfaces. Systems Architecure 
blah blah..

Many of the DOS6.2 programs exibit this user interface, like "Edit" and 
perhaps "Qbasic"

What was that called??

Thanks.

---

From: "Jim Kearney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 11 21:50:00 2003

> IBM had a standard for text based user interfaces. Systems Architecure

Dredging from my memory, wasn't it CUA (Common User Access), part of SAA
(System Application Architecture), and specifically CUI (Character User
Interface)?

---

From: Ron Hudson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 11 22:19:00 2003

> (System Application Architecture), and specifically CUI (Character User

drats...

that sounds very right, but I searched on CUA, "Common User Interface" 
and did not find
anything, but I did not try Character user interface

Thanks.

---

From: "Jim Kearney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 11 22:37:01 2003

> anything, but I did not try Character user interface

Check this out:

http://www.research.ibm.com/journal/sj/273/ibmsj2703E.pdf

---

From: Ron Hudson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 12 08:27:00 2003

> http://www.research.ibm.com/journal/sj/273/ibmsj2703E.pdf

OOH that's it. Looks like everything I need is there too. Thanks!