Subject: MITS Altair 8800a for sale on eBay

From: "David Gari" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 6 16:47:00 2003

I thought you old hardware hounds would appreciate this one:

My pride and joy - a MITS Altair 8800a is for sale at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3404786716

Current bid is at $1247 and auction ends Mar-14-03 14:40:40 PST

Many thanks.

_________________________________________________________________
Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

---

From: "Stuart Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 6 17:28:00 2003

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "David Gari" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 4:43 PM
Subject: MITS Altair 8800a for sale on eBay

> Current bid is at $1247 and auction ends Mar-14-03 14:40:40 PST

Looks nice! It must hurt to sell it.

Stuart Johnson

---

From: Mail List <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 6 18:11:01 2003

Hello David,

It looks like you took very nice care of it over the years.

Best Regards

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 6 18:32:00 2003

David,

   I looked at your auction. What is this > "one RQM Systems Power-Start boot loader board w/ 48 DIP switches"?  I had two Altairs and one had the MITs autostart board. It was a standard MITs EPROM board with one pre-programmed 1702 in it that contained the same code that you normally had to toogle in by hand. IIRC the code was only 48 bytes or some such. No DIP switches on it though.

    Joe

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 6 21:16:00 2003

> My pride and joy - a MITS Altair 8800a is for sale at:

Hi David.

Why on Earth would you be selling your "pride and joy"?

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *

---

From: ben franchuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 6 21:29:01 2003

> Why on Earth would you be selling your "pride and joy"?

He could be from Vulcan and it is the logical thing to do. :)
Ben.

---

From: "Wayne M. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 7 02:37:01 2003

> Why on Earth would you be selling your "pride and joy"?

Either because (1) it isn't, or (2) he's got another one.  But, frankly,
it's like selling one of your children.