Subject: Wang 2200 emulator upgraded to version 1.0

From: Jim Battle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 14 14:07:23 2003

Nearly half a year ago I put out version 0.5 of my Wang 2200 emulator. 
Life got busy, and it has taken a lot longer than I expected to get 
version 1.0 ready.  With this release, the source code is also available.

If you want to take a look, here the link to the emulator, including 
release notes:

	http://www.thebattles.net/wang/emu.html

The "front door" to the Wang 2200 site is here:

	http://www.thebattles.net/wang/wang.html

The emulator is written for a Win32 environment, although it might just 
run under Wine on Linux, or one of the Mac PC emulators.  I don't use 
anything too exotic in the Win32 API.  The zip file contains a couple 
dozen programs to try out.

Background:

What is the 2200?  It was first announced by Wang Computers in 1971 or 
so, and was a dedicated BASIC-only machine.  It is a TTL-based CPU that 
had ROM'd microcode to implement the BASIC interpreter.  The BASIC is 
interesting in that it is ideosyncratic: weak in some areas (statically 
sized string variables), very strong in others (MAT SORT anyone?).