Subject: Northstar Single Density Controller info MDC-A4

From: "Steve Thatcher" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 6 19:36:00 2003

Hi all, I have put my Intel MDS system on hold while I await
some hardware information in the mail. I am resurrecting the
second half of my project which is to get a Northstar system
up and running so I can develop the ISIS-II code again. The problem
I have at the moment is that I need the schematics for the MDC-A4
controller. I have two manuals on the double density controller
but nothing on the one I am using. Does anyone have the manual
available with troubleshooting info or at least the schematics.
I am more than willing to scan docs I have in trade.

I am off troubleshooting the controller because it will not write
properly. I can load a fresh copy of DOS, customize the I/O and
actually run DOS now, but I can't update and make a new copy
because of the write issue.

I did manage to fix an Applied Microsystems EM180B Z80B emulator
today so I could enter the console code and run things.

Thanks!

best regards, Steve Thatcher