Subject: Re: pdp-11/35 question...

From: Al Kossow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 3 16:40:00 2003

Any suggestions on building an 11/35... any other DEC boxes use the same 
power supply?

--

The 11/34 is the most similar to an 11/35

---

From: "Eric Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 3 16:48:00 2003

> The 11/34 is the most similar to an 11/35

Aside from the 10.5" tall 11/40, which is identical to an 11/35 except
for the silkscreening of the front panel.

I think the 10.5" tall variant of the 11/05 and 11/10 is probably
closer to the 11/35 than the 11/34 is.

---

From: Guy Sotomayor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 3 23:49:00 2003

> Any suggestions on building an 11/35... any other DEC boxes use the same 

I believe that the 11/35 uses the H750 power supply which is different
from the other CPUs mentioned (ie the 11/34 and the 11/05 & 11/10 all of
which mount in a BA11-K box if they're the 10.5" variety).  The 11/35 is
contained in a BA11-DA or DB box.

I *think* the 11/35 backplanes and such should be able to be mounted in
a BA11-K style box.  The only difference is that it would be deeper
(same as the others mentioned) than an original since the power supply
sits in back rather than along the side.  An added benefit is that you'd
be able to add more than a single system unit (which is all that will
fit in an 11/35) for I/O.

-- 

TTFN - Guy