Subject: DEC newbie (was need caddy for RRD-42DA CD-ROM drive)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue Apr 15 17:03:01 2003

From: Antonio Carlini <[email-masked]>

> Just checking since I've seen others slip before ...
>
> The RRD42 takes the standard "flip-top" caddy that
> must have been made in their millions.

Well, that's a relief.  Can you point me to a source for these common caddies?

I have ZERO experience with DEC equipment but recently acquired a VaxStation
3100 m76, with the specific goal in mind of gaining familiarity with DEC gear
and VMS.  I'll be pestering the list with a lot of newbie questions as things
progress . . .

Later --

Glen
0/0

---

From: jmd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Apr 15 17:55:14 2003

Glen..

i have 2 of these caddies. there is a store in redondo beach ca that had
stacks of them. i don't know if they still do.i can check for you if you
need some. they were top loading. i can part with mine if necessary but
they do go with 2 plextor 4x cdroms.

jeff duncan

hi ethan....ltns. been off this list for a while.... good to see you are
still here. say hi to franco, jim etc at yin yeu (sp?)

--