Subject: Re: [Re: Breaking News] (Oops)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu Jul 24 14:50:01 2003

Sellam was nice enough to let me know that the email to my son had
ended up on the mailing list by mistake.

Thank you Sellam.  Having not read much of the list traffic since this
war started, I probably would have not known for a long time until I
go back and do some catching up.

I checked and sure enough, I had sent it to the list instead.  I am unsure
how it happened.  The list address and his address are miles apart in
the address book.  I'll try to blame it on a misbehaving mouse or
something.

For those that may want to know.  My son is near Mosul.  His unit is
with the 101st.  The unit operates a number of OH-58 Kiowa gunships.
The news footage of Tuesday's fire fight showed a couple of Kiowa's
overhead.  I had asked him if they were from his unit and it appears
they were.  I am thankful that all he does is maintain the choppers
and therefore his butt stays back at the unit's base most of the time.

I'll ask the list to forgive this intrusion with stuff unrelated
to classic computers.

Mike Thompson

---

From: Mark Tapley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 24 15:26:01 2003

>I'll ask the list to forgive this intrusion with stuff unrelated

A) No need to ask, it was obviously unintentional, and "if I had a 
nickel for every time *I*'d fouled up with an email program..."

B) Salutations and heartfelt thanks to your son for his service. I am 
a US citizen; his actions are benefiting me at risk to his life, and 
I *really* appreciate it. Same goes for anyone else reading this who 
does or has served in the armed forces and to families thereof.

-- 
					- Mark
			210-522-6025, page 888-733-0967