Subject: Interesting toy... "Gravis Phoenix"?

From: "Ed Tillman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jun 7 19:57:00 2003

Clear DayJust picked up for pocket change at a yard sale: a Gravis Phoenix
joystick/game pad combo (SN: 4794, Made in Canada, FCC ID: HYN1010A).  Its old
enough that it has, aside from the normal DB-15 game port adapter, a split
unversal adapter for an AT or PS/2 keyboard port.  The adapter is unique, I
think, in the fact that it appears fully reversable to work with either.  I
plan to test it on my PC, but I wondered if anyone could point me in the
direction of schematics, user manuals, drivers or installation packages.  Any
assist greatly appreciated...

Cheers!
Ed/San Antonio, Tx; USA

---

From: "G Manuel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jun 8 18:45:01 2003

Here are some links that might help.

http://www.input-drivers.com/drivers/0/280.htm Driver

There were also lots of German and other language pages. I did a google
search on "Gravis Phoenix" (including the quotes). Good luck and HTH.

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Ed Tillman
Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 8:48 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Interesting toy... "Gravis Phoenix"?

Clear DayJust picked up for pocket change at a yard sale: a Gravis Phoenix
joystick/game pad combo (SN: 4794, Made in Canada, FCC ID: HYN1010A).  Its
old
enough that it has, aside from the normal DB-15 game port adapter, a split
unversal adapter for an AT or PS/2 keyboard port.  The adapter is unique, I
think, in the fact that it appears fully reversable to work with either.  I
plan to test it on my PC, but I wondered if anyone could point me in the
direction of schematics, user manuals, drivers or installation packages.
Any
assist greatly appreciated...

Cheers!
Ed/San Antonio, Tx; USA