Subject: 8" floppy drive value

From: Mike Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 23 04:39:00 2003

I stopped by one of my more rare to visit scrappers, and was disappointed 
to see a number of 8" floppy drives mashed up in a huge bin of other drives 
with aluminum frames. To prevent this requires I offer him enough more to 
carefully handle and set aside these drives than he is getting for aluminum 
scrap.

So, whats an 8" floppy drive in unknown working state worth?

Are there parts I could remove that are worthwhile?

I also have to wonder what potentially NEAT thing these drives came out of 
too. Sigh. Its a fine line you have to walk with scrappers, pay enough to 
make it worthwhile to them, but not give them the idea that treasure might 
be in there junkpile.

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 23 20:48:00 2003

> So, whats an 8" floppy drive in unknown working state worth?

$5-$10?

> make it worthwhile to them, but not give them the idea that treasure might

Robotics?

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *

---

From: Tore Sinding Bekkedal <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 23 20:56:59 2003

Hello all!

I'm restoring a PDP-7 machine to functional condition, pictures at
http://tore.nortia.no. Anyone here ever worked at DEC while this was
happening? Anyone know anything about the PDP-7? I saw a post regarding a
still-functional PDP-7 running a Van der Graaff posted July 2002, but the
poster doesn't reply to my mail. Know where it was?

-Tore

"Pluribus unum, infinitiv thesaurus. Cardio anima stinki latina!"