Subject: Looking for Burroughs B20/BTOS software/hardware/docs

From: Alan Perry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jun 21 18:30:01 2003

I am getting a gaggle of Burroughs B20/BTOS machines through eBay.  I developed 
software on them for Burroughs back in the late 80s.  Didn't really care for 
the machines at the time, but I thought the expansion capability by 
adding "slices" was pretty neat.

Does anyone have any B20 "slices" or any BTOS/CTOS software or documentation 
that they want to sell?

alan

BTW, long ago I promised to scan in some of my VAX documentation, but life 
keeps getting in the way.  I hope to get that stuff done in August now.

---

From: John Lawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jun 21 18:41:01 2003

On Sat, 21 Jun 2003, Alan Perry wrote:

> software on them for Burroughs back in the late 80s.

 That's interesting. I was a QC Engineer on them back in the late 80's, at
MPG Camarillo in Southern California.  Only for about 8-9 months though.
Perhaps I even had the chance to nag you over broken code...???

  It stands out as the single most boring job I ever had. The moment
something better came along, I was outtathere...  ;}

  I had some BTOS system disks, but they went to a (now forgotten)
listmember here a few years back.

 Cheers

John

---

From: Alan Perry <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jun 23 03:29:00 2003

I worked on DTS 3.x, a Burroughs block mode terminal emulator and file transfer 
utility for B20s and PCs.  I also did maintenance through end-of-life on 
HostLink, an app that did more integration between Burroughs mainframes and 
B20s/PCs (printing on mainframe printers from the B20/PC and mounting virtual 
volumes on the B20/PC that were actually disk space on the mainframe, stuff 
like that).  That was 86-89.

I worked on other stuff as well, but that was my B20 work.  I barely remember 
any of it anymore.

alan

Quoting John Lawson <[email-masked]>:
> > I am getting a gaggle of Burroughs B20/BTOS machines through eBay.  I
> > developed software on them for Burroughs back in the late 80s.
>

---

From: "Witchy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jun 23 16:06:50 2003

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of Alan Perry
> Sent: 22 June 2003 00:19
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Looking for Burroughs B20/BTOS software/hardware/docs
>
>

Hi Alan,

Whereabouts on this planet are you? I've got an absolute stack of B20 and
BTOS stuff that doesn't fit in my museum 'cos they're not home computers.
There's even a spare B20, replacement hard drive and motherboard....

cheers

--
adrian/witchy
www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk - the online computer museum
www.snakebiteandblack.co.uk - monthly gothic shenanigans