Subject: Dave & Chip Collecting

From: "John Galt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 10 17:03:00 2003

Dave,

Several members of this list who do not agree with the views of a certain
obnoxious self appointed "spokeman" for vintage computer enthusiasts forwarded
me your post.

I decided to take a break from busting up vintage computers with a sledge
hammer to
"mine" the chips out of them to reply;).

Many chip collectors also collect whole undiced silicon wafers.  There are a
growing number of chip collecting forums where you can buy and trade wafers
with other collectors.

If you are interested, send me an email and I send you some links.

You may also want to consider looking into chip collecting.  It's a great way
to
keep old chips out of the smelter.

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 10 20:11:00 2003

> obnoxious self appointed "spokeman" for vintage computer enthusiasts forwarded

Translation: I lurk on this mailing list and only post a message when I
have an opportunity to take a cheap jab at someone.

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *

---

From: "John Galt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 11 06:44:01 2003

Actually, I had not even been on this list for months.  So no, I have not
been
"lurking".  I only put myself back on to the list after getting a few
e-mails from some of your fellow list members who do not agree with your
views and especially your attitude.
It seems that some serious vintage computer enthusiasts are realizing that
having someone with your attitude as self appointed "spokesman" could end up
hurting their hobby.  I think they may be afraid that you might say
something obnoxious in a public forum and embarrass the vintage computer
enthusiasts you claim to represent.

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 11 09:22:00 2003

> views and especially your attitude.

<blah blah blah>

John, you are so transparent that it's beyond obvious: it's laughable.
Just give it up already.

Go play with your chips.

--

---

From: "Hans Franke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 11 12:16:32 2003

> enthusiasts you claim to represent.

John, I'd realy apreciate if you could stop that. Fine if you did
come back to the list. Everyone is wellcome, but trying to start
of with flaming around right with the first mail isn't exactly a
way to show decent behaviour.

Shure, it's easy to get Sallam upset (and sometimes fun), but that
does lack the needed commen sense.

Gruss
H.

--
VCF Europa 4.0 am 03./04. Mai 2003 in Muenchen
http://www.vcfe.org/

---

From: "John Galt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 11 17:32:01 2003

Point taken.  No intention to start a flame war with Sellam.  Been there,
done that.
I was just reponding to Sellam's "Dave, certain chip collectors are not
highly regarded on this mailing list.  Responsible and non-obnoxious ones
are quite welcome" comment.

Dave, it's interesting to see your interest in stamp collecting.  I have a
nice sized plate block collection.  I've always wondered, do serious plate
block collectors have a problem with collectors who collect single stamps?
Do plate block collectors get upset because they think that stamp collectors
are going around tearing up plate blocks to get the individual stamps out of
them?

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 11 18:05:18 2003

> Point taken.  No intention to start a flame war with Sellam.  Been there,

Yes, every time.

> are quite welcome" comment.

I find it interesting that on the few occasions where you do grace us
with your presence, it is always preluded by some weak attempt to
discredit my reputation, and you fail to offer up anything of any use to
anyone.

> are going around tearing up plate blocks to get the individual stamps out of

You proceed to post complete and absolute drivel like this that serves no
purpose other than to inflame.  Excuse me for pointing out the obvious.
Have you nothing better to do with your existence?

Do us all a favor and just shut your annoying trap.  You're like a pimple
on my ass: I would squeeze you until your vile liquids spewed out if only
I could find you.

The fact that you go under a pseudonym indicates to me that you've pissed
off enough people.  What *are* you hiding from?

--

---

From: "John Galt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 11 19:16:00 2003

1. Sellam, you started this, and you are the one who just refuses to let it
go, no matter how stupid it makes you look.

2. The only reason the plate block vs. stamp collector analogy "inflames"
you is because
it just demonstrates just how truely ignorant you really are.

3. Try washing your ass once and a while and those pimples will probably go
away.

4.  What's the real source of this Jihad against chip collectors?   What
*is* the cause of your deep seated anger?  Were you molested as a child?
Impotent?  What *are* you hiding Sellam?  If I were you, I would get some
professional help.  I suggest you start by attending a meeting of your local
Assoholics Anonymous.

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 11 20:38:00 2003

> 4.  What's the real source of this Jihad against chip collectors?   What

I knew this came down to racism.

(You piece of shit.)

--

---

From: "John Galt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 11 21:05:01 2003

If all else fails, play the race card.   Perhaps I should have used the term
"crusade".  Would that be acceptible?  You are Pathetic.

---

From: Patrick Finnegan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 11 21:21:00 2003

HEY!!!!

STOP.  Take it off list.  We don't need this to degrade into a
name-calling mail list.

I don't care who is saying all of this, it just needs to stop.  If I were
the list manager (which I'm not) you both would have been kickbanned by
now.  There's no reason to have to wade through these messages to get to
what I want to read... it's really worse than spam, IMHO.

Pat
--
Purdue Universtiy ITAP/RCS
Information Technology at Purdue
Research Computing and Storage
http://www-rcd.cc.purdue.edu

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu Mar 13 14:45:23 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Hans Franke wrote:

> Shure, it's easy to get Sallam upset (and sometimes fun), but that does
> lack the needed commen sense.

Fun?  Certainly.  No offense to our good Sellam, but I nearly peed my
pants reading the "AAAAAASSSSSS!!!" episode.  8-)

Peace...  Sridhar