Subject: IBM Series/1

From: Storc James E Civ 55 CSS/ITT <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jun 20 17:14:03 2003

Ethan:

Regarding your message posted on classiccmp.org from last May, did you ever
find a taker for the Series/1 (or any parts thereof)?  I've been trying to
find a copy of RPS (Realtime Programming System) from such a beast, but to
no avail (so far).  Any info that you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Storc
ITT A/CD

---

From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jun 20 21:09:01 2003

--- Storc James E Civ 55 CSS/ITT <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Ethan:
> 
> Regarding your message posted on classiccmp.org from last May, did you
> ever find a taker for the Series/1 (or any parts thereof)?  

Eh?  I've never owned a Series/1.  The closest I came was adapting my
product (COMBOARD/3780) to *connect* to a Series/1 in an IBM network
that functioned like an X.25 cloud, but under 3780 for transmitting
EDI purchase orders.  We had a customer who bought our VAXBI COMBOARD
to move purchase orders to/from WalMart/K-Mart/DoD so they could continue
to sell their product.  I had to go to small-town Wisconsin to find out
that they problems were on the *other* end of the wire.

The other end was 100% IBM, but they violated their own protocol when they
re-implemented it on the "newer" hardware.  :-P

-ethan