Subject: Re: JetDirect EX print server

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jun 13 11:40:00 2003

>	IIRC, once you reset one of these to factory settings, there is a
>default IP address you can telnet to to configure it. Don't remember
>what it is, tho...
>	BTW, can you see it from the JetDirect software on the Mac? Or is it
>not seen by JetDirect from both the PC and the Mac?

I had thought it should have a default IP as well, but it doesn't seem 
to, rather it has a non IP (0.0.0.0) and waits for BootP info. Kind of a 
pain.

I can see the printer attached to it from the LaserJet software on the 
Mac when looking for Postscript printers, but when I look to see 
JetDirect EX devices in that software, it does not show up. I'm not aware 
of any other software for the Mac than the app I have (although there may 
be a newer version then the one I have).

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: David Woyciesjes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jun 13 12:00:01 2003

> to, rather it has a non IP (0.0.0.0) and waits for BootP info. Kind of a

	Hmmm, must be different firmware than the one I dealt with. I take it
you've search high & low in the document stuff on HP's website, right?

> be a newer version then the one I have).

	You mean you can see it in the Chooser, right? But not in JetAdmin on
the Mac? If you can see it in JetAdmin you should be able to configure
it right there.

--
---   Dave Woyciesjes
---   ICQ# 905818