Subject: Re: Breaking News

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu Jul 24 08:57:00 2003

Wednesday, July 23, 2003, 9:20 PM EST

Re: Breaking News

Hi Dwayne,

> If this happened in Mosul then OH-58's would be ours.  Had not heard about
> their involvment.

OK, I'll bite.  How would you not know about their involvement?

> Oh...and I am only 1/2 south of Mosul in a Quiet, Quaint, little Quandry
> of a place.

Did you mean "1/2 hour south".  You are still at the abandoned airfield,
right?

Could you expand a little on "Quiet, Quaint, little Quandry"?

> And I went to Mosul on Monday and Today (Wed)

In one sense, I would have preferred not knowing that.  Yeah, I know there
are water runs, mail runs, etc.

There have been quite a few news articles in the last 24-36 hours.  I saved
a lot of them until they got just too repetitive.  I was going to say that I
stand corrected with regards to the number of soldiers killed since May 1.
I read one article iearlier today that reported numbers in the high 80's,
low 90's (can't find the article at the moment) and then another article
states 41 since May 1.  I suspect I/we may be confusing combat versus
combat/accident/illness.

I am gonna close this out now and start another one.  I have been
feeling overwhelmed with all this recent news.  My reaction is to break
it down and deal with it in chunks.

More soon,
Dad