Subject: TrantorMini SCSI Epp

From: Xdale <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 21 01:09:54 2003

Hi Fred:   You Wrote:Trantor was bought out by Adaptec.  You might try them.

There were three models that I'm aware of:
T338 (rectangular thin box) that hangs off of the parallel port, or screw 
it on so that it gets enough leverage to break the connector.  The black 
labelled earlier sub-model is significantly less reliablke than the later 
blue labelled one.  Also marketed briefly through NEC (they once had the 
drivers on the web)

T348 cable based model.

T358  cable based model with ECP/EPP support

NONE of them are very reliable; but it's a handy way to hook things up to 
laptops, etc that don't have provision for a "real" SCSI controller.

Would you like me to snail mail a copy of the disk?  Or would you prefer 
e-mail attachment?

COULD YOU KINDLY SEND ME THAT DRIVER AS AN ATTACHMENT IN REPLYIN TO THIS EMAIL? THANKS Doug Crosdale
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.

---

From: "Fred Cisin (XenoSoft)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 21 12:57:01 2003

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, Xdale wrote:
> . . .

Yes, I wrote that, but it was a LONG time ago.  years.
 
> COULD YOU KINDLY SEND ME THAT DRIVER AS AN ATTACHMENT IN REPLYIN TO
> THIS EMAIL? THANKS Doug Crosdale The New Yahoo! Search - Faster.
> Easier. Bingo.

I'd be glad to, if I still had any of them.  But in 2000, I closed up my
offices, and sold/gave away 1K square feet of stuff.  I still have a few
dozen cubic yards of stuff, but I don't think that I still have any
Trantor stuff.

---

From: Dave Mabry <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 21 13:44:00 2003

I think I missed the original request here.  What was asked for?  If it 
has to do with drivers for the Trantor parallel port-SCSI host adapters 
I might have them.  The ones I've used recently (well, kind of recently, 
well, maybe it was last century) were from Adaptec but I believe they 
would work correctly with Trantor.

Fred Cisin (XenoSoft) wrote:
> .

-- 
Dave Mabry             [email-masked]
Dossin Museum Underwater Research Team
NACD #2093

---

From: "Fred Cisin (XenoSoft)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 21 19:22:00 2003

If you, or anybody else, have Trantor/Adaptec drivere, please get a copy
to "xdale".  He made his request based on something that I posted a buncha
years ago.