Subject: RE: Data transfer from Apple ][ to PC

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun May 18 09:17:00 2003

>Meep! I can do all of that apart from the LocalTalk bridge and the
>Workstation card,

The localtalk bridge isn't needed if you are going to a mac that supports 
Localtalk directly Basically, anything after the 128 and before the iMac. 
The 128 doesn't have built in localtalk support IIRC, and the iMac and 
later don't have serial ports to the bridge is needed to connect to their 
Ethernet ports for Ethertalk.

If you don't have a workstation card for the II, it will probably be 
cheaper/easier to get a Rom 3 IIgs and use the built in localtalk on that.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: "Witchy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 19 15:31:20 2003

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of chris
> Sent: 18 May 2003 15:16
> To: Classic Computers
> Subject: RE: Data transfer from Apple ][ to PC
>
>

Excellent, that means I have everything here including the network cables.

thanks guys'n'gals!

--
adrian/witchy
www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk - the online computer museum
www.snakebiteandblack.co.uk - monthly gothic shenanigans