Subject: RE: dos 1.0

From: J Forbes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jul 23 23:20:00 2003

> On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Joe wrote:
>>     Yes, they describe the \1 switch. It's also described in some "Read Me
>> First" pages in the front of the manual.
> 
> It might even be the ONLY change, but that is certainly different
> from what is in the 1.0 manual.
> 
> One would have to be very intent on having a COMPLETE collection
> to feel a need to have both.

There appears to be quite a bit of 1.10 specific info in the manual I 
have...stuff in the apendices about double sided disks, etc.  This is 
the Second Edition, May 1982, for version 1.10.

I have a Columbia MS-DOS 1.25 manual also, which is quite primitive 
looking compared to the IBM docs.  The Columbia manual apparently was 
written and printed by Microsoft, with a Columbia cover added to make it 
look oem.  This manual is also copyright 1982.

I am not quite intent enough to pay $$$ for a PC-DOS 1.00 manual...but 
if one drops out of the sky, I'll put it on the shelf with the rest of 
my almost complete PC-DOS collection.

-- 
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum!
http://www.mindspring.com/~jforbes2