Subject: Re: Using a Mac mono monitor with PC VGA

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 21 13:04:00 2003

>One interesting question, 
>does Windows have a profile for that monitor? I know I've seen other 
>Apple monitors listed, but I haven't played with a desktop PC in a 
>while.

I don't remember the model's off the top of my head, but at least one 
Apple monitor that shipped for the LC series Macs was a VGA monitor NOT 
an RGB. Right down to the 15 pin high denisty VGA connector... Apple 
supplied an RGB to VGA adaptor to use their own monitor!

That might very well be the model(s) listed with Windows profiles.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: Ian Primus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 21 15:44:25 2003

If it's a monochrome monitor, chances are that it won't work. A lot of 
those old monitors were fixed frequency, and can't be driven by a PC 
VGA card.

> supplied an RGB to VGA adaptor to use their own monitor!

Yup, I know that monitor, that's the Apple Basic Color monitor.

Ian Primus
[email-masked]

---

From: John Rollins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jul 22 02:48:00 2003

>supplied an RGB to VGA adaptor to use their own monitor!

That would be the Apple Basic Color Monitor, which I got with my IIvx 
long long ago... Makes it easy to hook up to a PC. Every other Apple 
monitor I've seen has had a regular 15-pin. FWIW, they are all indeed 
VGA monitors. The adaptors for plugging a PC monitor into a Mac or a 
Mac monitor into a PC were fairly common back then, and should still 
be available if you look around.
-- 

/------------------------------------\
|  http://jrollins.tripod.com/                   |
|  KD7BCY      [email-masked]          |
\------------------------------------/