Subject: RE: "The Art of Electronics" - edition differences?

From: "Hills, Paul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 20 10:42:00 2003

Ethan,

There is a lot added (it's about half as thick again as the first edition).
I seem to remember there was a little stuff taken out, but I sold the first
edition years ago now and can't remember what it was - it certainly wasn't
anything that I miss. I'd recommend "upgrading" as there is quite a bit of
practical stuff which is very useful in the second edition.

The lists of op-amps and suchlike is a bit outdated now though, so it'd be
nice to have a third edition!

-----Original Message-----
From: Ethan Dicks [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 20 March 2003 15:47
To: [email-masked]
Subject: "The Art of Electronics" - edition differences?

To those that have "The Art of Electronics", is there much difference
between the first and second editions?  Is one "preferable" to the 
other for those of us with Classic interests?  Did they take anything
we would find useful out in the editing process?

-ethan

---

From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 20 13:22:01 2003

> There is a lot added (it's about half as thick again as the first

That's nice.

> I seem to remember there was a little stuff taken out...

Hmm... if anyone on the list knows, I'd love to hear what it might be.

> The lists of op-amps and suchlike is a bit outdated now though, so it'd
> be nice to have a third edition!

Funny you should ask... when trolling on half.com, I found a reference
to and "out of stock" 2004 edition.  There just might be one in the
pipe.

-ethan