Subject: Can anyone tellme why a Name plate goes for over $135

From: "Keys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun May 18 12:52:00 2003

This Apple II name plate sold for over $135
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2729182422

---

From: Martin Scott Goldberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 19 11:44:00 2003

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2729182422

Considering it's an Apple II nameplate and is unused, as a collector I can
understand why.  To begin with it's for the Apple II, the original
model sold from '77-'79.  Not any of the much more commonly seen Apple
II's (Apple II+, IIE, IIE platinum).  The poster who sarcastically
mentioned ripping off his faceplate to sell may not have noticed this.
Secondly, it's mint and unused, which to someone who's serious about
collecting and (in many cases as is needed in this hobby) restoring a
computer, something like that is a true gem to find.

Marty

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 19 12:19:01 2003

> computer, something like that is a true gem to find.

This may be so for other folks, but I'm a big fan of Apple ]['s but I just
don't see it.  I can't remember ever seeing an Apple ][ lid that was
missing it's nameplate, and having a flawless nameplate is not worth $135
to me.

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *