Subject: Re: Wang OIS web pages

From: "Jim Donaghue" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 3 07:06:00 2003

---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
From: Jim Battle <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 20:27:27 -0800

>At 06:34 PM 3/2/03 -0500, you wrote:
>>I have put up a set of pages on the Wang OIS System.Currently, it can run most of the OS utilities, program development, and 
>>Wang Word Processing. I have tested it with Red Hat Linux 7.2 and 7.3.
>>The pages are located at http://www.cass.net/~jdonoghu
>
>That is excellent, Jim!
>
>Is there any chance of talking you to convert your emulator to use 
>wxWindows ( http://www.wxwindows.org )?  It is a cross-platform GUI and 
>system toolkit.  It is quite well done, and would allow running your 
>emulator on a much larger range of platforms (PC, linux/unix, Mac, OS/2, 
>...)  It is rather well done, has a very active developer community, and 
>uses the native look & feel of the targeted GUI (it will look like a GTK 
>app if that is what you link to, or a Motif app, or Win32, or XP, OS X, etc.)
>

I have considered this, but I've never done any Windows programming, and I'm using UNIX IPC to communicate between processes. The emulator consists of a Master process that represents the master CPU unit, and one or more Slave processes (each their own Z80 emulator) that represent the workstations. You can have up to four active Slave processes attached to the master (it gets slower the more slaves you run.).