Subject: IBM System/36 - Advice Needed

From: Martin Marshall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 28 00:52:00 2003

This afternoon, I hauled home an IBM System/36 - PC (5364), complete 
with dedicated IBM PC (5150), Monitor, KB, cables and an IBM 4224 
printer, but no documentation, all from my local Farmer's Insurance 
agent.  The system is complete, including the "Farmers Master System 
Diskette".  The components are badged "Farmers Insurance Group 5280Z". 
Googling indicates that these systems were fairly common.

The system boots to the Service Control Menu, then continues the IPL to 
a IPL Sign On menu.

Does anyone know the Service password or the Backup Service password for 
the Service Control Menu?  Does anyone know another way into this system?

I am an absolute neophyte on this system, so any help, warnings, war 
stories, etc. would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Martin Marshall

---

From: "Mike Ross" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 30 09:56:00 2003

This should tell you most of what you need to know... I did my password 
hacking on a 5362, but there should be analagous tools on the 5364 PC 
console.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=6m4rat85bf4hi45udaj05u5j6pm48e887g%404ax.com&output=gplain

Good luck!

Mike
http://www.corestore.org

_________________________________________________________________
The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail