Subject: RE: 286 Computers (and an Apollo note)

From: "Tillman, Edward" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 28 03:03:01 2003

If you have a complete 386 DX 66 or higher (box), I might be interested.  --
actually, my wife would be more interested.  She misses WordStar and the Dr.
Brain series.  She'd be in 7th heaven...

Cheers...

Ed Tillman
Store Automation Tech Support Specialist
  Valero Energy Corporation
San Antonio, Texas, USA
Office: (210)592-3110, Fax (210)592-2048
Email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> 

-----Original Message-----
From: John Rollins [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 11:36 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: 286 Computers (and an Apollo note)

>*But* you can play Castle Wolfenstein 3D on them! ;)

Why keep a 286 around when it does fine on my Mac? I don't play it 
much anymore, I bought the new Return to Castle Wolfenstein, someone 
told me it's based on the Quake 3 engine. Very nice, but needs a lot 
of memory. The Belkin Nostromo game controller really helps, too.

But what am I supposed to do with the old PC's? I'm keeping the more 
interesting stuff like my PC and XT. And my personal favorite, the HP 
Vectra. But the typical beige box junk is cluttering up my basement. 
Everything from 286/386 parts to Pentium MMX systems, what can be 
done with them besides recycling the chassis and hoping you'll need 
the other parts eventually? I don't imagine many people need or want 
that old stuff, even on eBay.

Speaking of eBay, I have some Apollo parts I'm going to put up just 
to see what happens. Odd stuff like WD7000 cards and memory cards and 
such. Once I gather up most of the other stuff I'll be offering it 
here on the list, but if you're interested in getting an old Apollo 
chassis and various parts and bits, let me know. I could probably 
ship the small stuff, but the big stuff is pretty heavy so I'd prefer 
to give it to someone local. I'll post a note here when I get it all 
together.

-- 

/------------------------------------\
|  http://jrollins.tripod.com/                   |
|  KD7BCY      [email-masked]          |
\------------------------------------/

---

From: John Rollins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 28 05:43:00 2003

>Brain series.  She'd be in 7th heaven...

Sorry, I don't have anything that fast that is complete. I know I 
have a few DX33 boards around, but the only thing that actually 
qualifies as a complete system is the 200MMX that someone else has 
already asked for, or some rather slow 286 and 386 - I don't know 
that I have anything faster than 33. Even my Vectra 486 is only 25MHz.

--