Subject: RE: DEC RD54 from Maxtor

From: Megan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 00:15:00 2003

>> Yes, going to SCSI would be nice, but you can't put one in
>> your VAXstation 2000... 
>
>Unless you use Wolfgang Moeller's modified ROMs - then I believe
>that SCSI will work. (IIRC the modified VS/UV2K ROMs also 
>incoroporate the >1GB fix ... but it's been a long time since
>I looked).

I know the disk would fit, and I know it can talk SCSI, but I
didn't know whether the SCSI cabling for the disk would fit
inside the VS2000 box...  That's all I meant.

					Megan Gentry
					Former RT-11 Developer

+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+
| Megan Gentry, EMT/B, PP-ASEL   | email: mbg at world.std.com         |
|                                |                                     |
| "this space                    |             (s/ at /@/)             |
|  unavoidably left blank"       | URL:     http://world.std.com/~mbg/ | 
|                                | "pdp-11 programmer - some assembler |
|                  (DEC '77-'98) |  required." - mbg            KB1FCA |
+--------------------------------+-------------------------------------+

---

From: "John Allain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 09:52:00 2003

> ... I didn't know whether the SCSI cabling for the disk 
> would fit inside the VS2000 box...  That's all I meant.

Somebody should say here that it's pretty strange to have a
workstation that has all SCSI connectors on the outside and
an MFM disk on the inside.   I did a mental doubletake on this
("hey, this makes no sence") a short while ago.

John A.