Subject: Re: 8" floppy drive value

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri May 23 11:57:00 2003

In a message dated 5/23/03 2:42:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> So, whats an 8" floppy drive in unknown working state worth?
> 

Last I checked Aluminum Breakage is worth 16 cents per pound. Full Height 8" 
Floppies weigh about 15 pounds so their scrap value is about $2.40 each. 

Most Scrap dealers like to get twice scrap value when they do an outside sale 
so a scrap dealer would likely put these drives aside if you offered him $5 
each.

Hope this helps.

Paxton
Astoria, OR

---

From: "TeoZ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 23 12:13:00 2003

Yes, but how many are around that havnt been scrapped yet? Especially back
when aluminum was worth something (before everybody recycled in the
community dropped prices)

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 23 20:50:00 2003

> community dropped prices)

There are surprisingly a good number of 8" drives out there.  Some are
still in use even(!)

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *