Subject: manual for 5 1/4" HD drive

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 24 21:36:00 2003

Hi All,

   I have a project in mind that I'll be using a High Density (1.2Mb)
floppy drive for. But it's going to take some tinkering with the jumpers to
make it work and I'll need a manual for it. Does anyone know if where I can
locate a manual for any of the HD drives on-line or does anyone have a
manual (or copy) that they're willing to part with? I haven't decided on
any particular model or brand of drive and I have access to hundreds of
different ones so I expect that it would be easier to find a manual and
then find a drive to match it rather than vice versa.

    Joe

---

From: Tim Mann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jun 29 17:57:47 2003

Joe writes:
> manual (or copy) that they're willing to part with?

Teac still has manuals for their 5.25" drives on their Web site.  
See http://www.teac.com/DSPD/catalog.htm#OldFD

I found a scan of a Mitsubishi MF501B/MF503B/MF504B manual on a BBC
Micro web site.  See http://bbc.nvg.org/dir.php3?dir=doc/datasheets 

-- 
Tim Mann  [email-masked]  http://www.tim-mann.org/