Subject: OT: "Nortair" on TV

From: "Andrew Strouse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 7 18:18:00 2003

Hi all.  I was watching Malcom in the Middle last night and they had a classic
computer storyline.  The were cleaning out their garage and found a "Nortair"
computer.  It looked to me like an altair front panel with the base but no
cover and no cards inside.  Someone offered them $1300 for it but they
wouldn't let one son keep the money so he broke it in half.  Anyway, I just
wondered if anyone else saw this.

Andrew Strouse
( [email-masked] )

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 7 22:38:00 2003

> wondered if anyone else saw this.

Wow, that's crazy.  Classic computer themes are now being featured in
cheesy sitcoms.

I guess that name is supposed to be a catenation of "Northstar" and
"Altair".

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *

---

From: Jeffrey Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Apr 8 06:33:00 2003

On Monday, April  7, 2003, Vintage Computer Festival wrote:
> > Hi all.  I was watching Malcom in the Middle last night and they had a
> > classic computer storyline.  The were cleaning out their garage and
> > found a "Nortair" computer.  It looked to me like an altair front panel
> > with the base but no cover and no cards inside.
> 

You give these people too much credit.  I'd say "Norton" and "Altair".

-- 
Jeffrey Sharp