Subject: Re: ZX81 Kits (was:cctalk digest, Vol 1 #633)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed Jun 11 11:33:00 2003

From: Hans Franke <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: ZX81 Kits (was:cctalk digest, Vol 1 #633)
Date: 06/10/2003 1:29 PM

> Jup, and understandable. I still have a hard time
> to get a complete picture here. I tried several times
> to order a bunch of ZX81s from him, back when he
> asked 29.95, and when the price rose to 49.95. I
> never got any reply. I tried eMail and since this
> didn't work Fax and finaly a real letter.
>
> And I wanted to buy more than just one little Kit.
>
> Now, I have a hard time to see any business minded
> structure (and the whish to earn money) in ignoring
> potential customers at all.

Well, I've done a certain amount of business with Mr. Newfeld, and every
transaction has been a little flaky around the edges:  order (and prepay for)
two kits, only receive one, wrong product received, etc.  The last time *he*
called *me* and told me about some obscure expansion devices he had "found"
in his warehouse, and did I want them?  We agreed on a price, he charged my
Visa, and two months later I still had not received the merchandise.  He then
stopped answering my phone calls and emails, and, sadly, I had to threaten
one of his subordinates over the phone in order to get Mr. Newfeld's
attention.  Ultimately, he did not ship the promised goods, but sent something
else instead.

Also, I and others have made *very* generous offers to him concerning large
quantities of other merchandise he claims to have "mountains" of, and his
response has been to ignore us.  No counter-offer, nothing but dead silence.

This is the behavior of someone who's "trying to make a living?"  Seems
counter-productive to me . . . almost like some sort of weird power trip . . .

Glen Goodwin
Orlando, FL  USA
0/0