Subject: Re: Qualstar 1260

From: Allan Hessenflow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue May 6 13:56:00 2003

Joe <[email-masked]> wrote:
>   I just picked up a Qualstar 1260. Can anyone tell me anything about it?
> What kind of interface/controller does it need? It has an interface cable
> with a male D-subminiture connector with 62 pins in three rows.

I have a 1260 also; it is a 1600/6250bpi drive.  They're not exactly
fast, but are nice and compact.

It has a Pertec formatted interface.  The cable on it was probably for
an Overland Data controller; if you remove the cover plate the cable goes
through you'll see that it terminates at two 50 (I think) pin connectors
in the drive.  Those use the standard Pertec pinout.

allan

-- 
Allan N. Hessenflow      [email-masked]

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue May 6 15:23:00 2003

Great. Thanks Allan.

    Joe

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue May 6 20:54:00 2003

Great. Thanks Allan.

    Joe