Subject: RE: IBM 5161

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 2 14:11:01 2003

>But in the XT, one slot is different.

Why?

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 2 14:18:00 2003

> >But in the XT, one slot is different.

There is a buffer chip that buffers signals to the other slots, but
this one slot is on the CPU-side of the chip, thus is not *idential*
to the other slots.

IBM's serial card is not affected by this difference which is why they
decided it was easier to give away a serial card than deal with the
customer-support issue of random 3rd-party cards not working in that
slot.

-ethan

---

From: "Fred Cisin (XenoSoft)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 2 14:26:00 2003

> >But in the XT, one slot is different.

The slot closest to the power supply (and to the processor) does not have
the same buffering as the other slots.

Tony might know the REAL reason.  I have heard various speculations:
	for a co-processor card
	a mistake
	to save 25 cents
	because the serial card that was going in there doesn't need it

---

From: "Fred Cisin (XenoSoft)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 2 14:39:00 2003

> customer-support issue of random 3rd-party cards not working in that

But "WHY?"
Did they leave off the buffer chip BECAUSE the serial card didn't need it?
Or did they use the serial card to cover up a MISTAKE?
Or did they have some OTHER plan for it, and used the serial card as a
"placeholder"?

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Wed Apr 2 18:08:49 2003

> >But in the XT, one slot is different.

There is a 74LS245 buffer chip that buffers the data lines to the 
leftmost 7 slots and to other parts of the machine. Unfortunately, this 
chip doesn't have enough drvie cpaability to handle all 8 slots (well, 
not offiicaly).

Most manufactueres would have put all 8 slots on the same side of the 
buffer and trusted to luck. IBM didn't -- slot 8 is on the 'wrong' 
side of the buffer. A card in slot 8 must pull pin B8 low during a read 
cycle, to control said buffer chip.

The IBM Async card can do this (if you put a jumper on the 2 pin header 
on the card). A few other cards can too (the Microsoft Bus Mouse card is 
one I think). And I've made cards that can do this.

-tony

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Wed Apr 2 18:10:13 2003

> Tony might know the REAL reason.  I have heard various speculations:

I have never worked for IBM, and I certainly didn't design the XT (what 
an insult!). So I don't know the REAL reason.

But it looks like an electrical loading issue pure and simple...

-tony

---

From: "Fred Cisin (XenoSoft)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 2 18:39:00 2003

> an insult!). So I don't know the REAL reason.

Wow!  I sure didn't intend to imply THAT!
But I'll remember it in case I ever need to flame somebody!

> But it looks like an electrical loading issue pure and simple...

Thank you.  That is EXACTLY what I wanted to know.

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Thu Apr 3 15:06:01 2003

> Wow!  I sure didn't intend to imply THAT!

Ooops. I forgot the :-) ....

-tony

---

From: John Honniball <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Apr 3 15:48:00 2003

Tony Duell wrote:
> A card in slot 8 must pull pin B8 low during a read cycle,
 > to control said buffer chip.
> 
> one I think).

Yes, the Microsoft Bus Mouse card has a jumper labelled "XT SLOT 8".

--
John Honniball
[email-masked]

---

From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Apr 3 16:17:00 2003

--- John Honniball <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > The IBM Async card can do this... A few other cards can too...
>

Interesting.  Yep... there it is.  I never noticed.  Just an
arbitrary jumper into the 40-pin microcontroller that does all
the work.

*There's* something to stuff into slot 8 of a Luggable XT!

And if you get tired of it, you can convert the Bus Mouse to
work as an Amiga Mouse (just needs a new cable or a pin swabber;
the signals are 100% compatible).

-ethan

---

From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 4 12:28:10 2003

Hello. Somebody knows if one HP9885 8" floppy unit can be attached to one
HP-
9000/380 ? The unit came with one 50-pin SCSI or SASI type connector, and
one
37-pin connector.

Thanks and Greetings.

Sergio

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 4 13:12:01 2003

Sergio,

  Yes it CAN be attached. You'd have to use the GPIO interface and probably have to write you're own drivers. The GPIO interface is the nearest thing to the original interface (HP 98034 option 85 IIRC) for the 9885. I THINK I remember that HP did make an 9885 interface for the early 9000 200 series computers but I don't remember the details.  The original interface for the 9885 is a 16 bit parallel interface, it is NOT SASI or SCSI.

     Joe

---

From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 4 13:37:00 2003

> Sergio,

Hi :-)

>   Yes it CAN be attached. You'd have to use the GPIO interface and
probably have to write you're own drivers. The GPIO interface is the nearest
thing to the original interface (HP 98034 option 85 IIRC) for the 9885. I
THINK I remember that HP did make an 9885 interface for the early 9000 200
series computers but I don't remember the details.  The original interface
for the 9885 is a 16 bit parallel interface, it is NOT SASI or SCSI.

Great !
Thanks for the information. I shall try to send you one photo of the disk
unit backside
to see the connectors I told in my previous message.

Thanks and Greetings
With Best Regards
Sergio

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Fri Apr 4 18:39:11 2003

> 9000/380 ? The unit came with one 50-pin SCSI or SASI type connector, and

The DD50 is not SCSI (or SASI). It's an HP 16 bit interface, and was 
originally connected to something like a 98032 Opt 085 (GPIO interface 
with the right jumpers and cable) in a 9825/9835/9845 machine. I guess it 
can be used with other GPIO-like interfaces (but be warned it uses 
features of the 98032, like DMA transfers and the register select 
outputs, that may not be available on other GPIOs).

The DC37 is the 'raw' drive bus (similar to an SA800 interface) and is 
used to hang 'slave' drives off the controller in this unit.

-tony

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 4 19:51:00 2003

>to see the connectors I told in my previous message.

   Thanks for the offer but I know what it looks like. I have several 9885 units. That "SCSI" connector is the standard connector that HP uses for GPIO.

     Joe

---

From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 5 01:51:00 2003

Hi again, Joe:

>    Thanks for the offer but I know what it looks like. I have several 9885
units. That "SCSI" connector is the standard connector that HP uses for
GPIO.

Ok :-)
Then it's possible you could give me some additional help. My HP9000 is one
380
model. It comes with one HP-IB standard connector (short centronics) and one
"wide" HP-IB connector of SCSI type. Do you if one of these connectors is
GPIO ?
Do I need one additional board to manage GPIO devices (with independence of
the
specific driver problem you told me in a previous message ?

Thanks and Greetings
Best Regards
Sergio

---

From: "Robert F. Schaefer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 5 05:33:01 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 2:48 AM
Subject: Re: HP9885 8" floppy unit

> specific driver problem you told me in a previous message ?

Unless an optional board is installed, the wide Centronics-like connector is
SCSI.  It's pretty easy to tell if it's in there, it lives on a set of
standoffs right behind the connector, and the ribbon cable moves from the
mail board to it.

BTW, a 380 can be upgraded to a 385 (33 MHz) with a osc change (socketed!)
and a jumper moved.  The '040 in mine has no trouble running at 33MHz, and I
just picked up 16MB of RAM for it (Thanks, Jim!).

> Sergio

Bob

---

From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 5 06:34:00 2003

> standoffs right behind the connector, and the ribbon cable moves from the

Mmm.. yes, below the connector appears a legend "SCSI-HP IB".
My doubts come from this.

> just picked up 16MB of RAM for it (Thanks, Jim!).

Is good to know it :-)
But, being practical, I approach to ask you about another two matters:

* What model of graphic screen can I use with the 380 ? I should like to
know
about one (or more) model with all its identificacion data to search it in
eBay
or some reseller.
* What model of serial terminal or screen can I use with the 380 to plug
into
the RS-232 port of this computer ? Same than previous.

(Of course I accept all reasonable offer from somebody in Europe. This
includes
one GPIO board)

Thanks and Greetings
Best Regards
Sergio

---

From: "Robert F. Schaefer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 5 07:39:00 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 7:32 AM
Subject: Re: HP9885 8" floppy unit

> Hello, Robert:

Hi!

> about one (or more) model with all its identificacion data to search it in

My 380 has an A1416A Kathmandu (a.k.a. Color VRX) (1280x1024 @ 60 hz, 8
bits, DIO-II).  It has 3 BNC sync on green output, you'll need either an
adapter to a VGA monitor or a monitor with 3 BNC.

> the RS-232 port of this computer ? Same than previous.

Any null-modem cable to a peasea set to 9600,8N1 should work.  Note,
however, that the serial console (vs the graphics head/HIL keyboard) is
selected by a firmware command.  The commands can be entered blindly without
a monitor attached, but a HP-HIL keyboard *MUST* be used if it is not set to
a serial console already.

You can find some more info on the page for the hp300 port of NetBSD,
http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/hp300, and Jim Conrad may have some parts
avaliable, you can find his original post in the classiccmp archives,
http://www.classiccmp.org.

> (Of course I accept all reasonable offer from somebody in Europe. This

How many RAM boards are installed?

Bob

---

From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 5 09:10:01 2003

> adapter to a VGA monitor or a monitor with 3 BNC.

Where can I locate one adapter to a VGA monitor ? I don't have actually one
3 BNC
connectors monitor.

> a serial console already.

Aha. If I understand you, I need to do the swap with one HP-HIL keyboard.
Can I use the serial console for input/output once I do the swap, or I must
use ever the HP-HIL keyboard ?

Just by the way... What's about one HP-IB terminal ?

> http://www.classiccmp.org.

I shall try to locate his address, of course.

> How many RAM boards are installed?

Good question. Let me check the CPU a moment...

One A1416A board
One HP 98574 board with... TWO memory chips

Just by the way... What is the 34 connector in the HP 98574 board ?
Maybe a floppy connector ?
Same for one EIGHT dip-switches bank in the A1416A board.

Thanks and Greetings
Best Regards
Sergio

---

From: "John Allain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 5 09:31:00 2003

> It has 3 BNC sync on green output, you'll need either an

I had this problem a while back, and wired up my own
cable.  The simplest solution yet found (suggested on 
this list) is to combine an HD15male/BNC cable and a
HD15female/HD15female gender changer.  A cable like
this in a single piece I have not yet found.

BTW, anybody know the signals on _HD26_ video?

John A.

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 5 11:00:00 2003

>"wide" HP-IB connector of SCSI type. Do you if one of these connectors is

   I don't have a 380 any more so I'll tell you aas best as I remember. If the wide 50 pin port is built into the machine it's probably a serial port. A lot of the HP's had those built in. If it's on a card then it may be GPIO but if so it should be clearly marked as much.

>specific driver problem you told me in a previous message ?

   If the port on your machine is GPIO and you are running HP BASIC then you don't need anything to manage it except for the binary driver file. If you do a LIST BIN. It will tell you all of the driver files that are loaded. I'm guessing that there's a good chance that you're not running BASIC on a 380. If you're not, then let me know what you're running and I'll try to find out if you need a driver and what it's name is.

   Let me explain further. If you are running BASIC and have the necessary BIN file loaded then you can control the GPIO port much like you'd control an Intel 8255. You can access it's internal registers, set each I/O line as 0 or 1 for logic true, st each as input, output or both. You can also set characteristics for the hand shaking lines and interrupts. But you still won't have any high level DOS type commands to access the disk drive (no read, write, save, load commands).  I'm not sure but there MAY be a BIN file that you can load that may give you those commands. Bt even if you can do that, you'll still need to figure out the connectiosn between the GPIO interface and the 9885.

   Can I ask why you're trying to use a 9885?  A 9895 has a HP-IB interface and would be a lot easier to use. And it has a lot higher capacity.

   Joe

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 5 11:00:38 2003

>Just by the way... What's about one HP-IB terminal ?

    I've never heard of one. Does anyone make one? I'm pretty sure all of HP's are RS-232.

>Maybe a floppy connector ?

   I don't have a HP catalog any more so I'm not sure what a 98574 is but if it's a video card then the connector is probably for a daughter baord with more video RAM. That's pretty common on the HPs. I DOUBT that it's for a floppy drive even if it's not on the video card.

   Joe

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 5 11:00:43 2003

At 02:32 PM 4/5/03 +0200, you wrote:
>* What model of graphic screen can I use with the 380 ? 

   There are a whole range of video/graphics options for the 300 series. Also on a lot of them you can also use a terminal connected to the serial port. One word of caution, you need the correct monitor to work with the card that you have. It's gets tricky trying to find both a monitor and video card that work together. I'm currently using an ADC super VGA monitor that has both the VGA port and BNC ports. IIRC it works with both the 98543 and 98547 video cards. I have a whole slew of HP viedo cards and monitors around but I'm trying to get away from having to have a special monitor for each computer.

I should like to
>(Of course I accept all reasonable offer from somebody in Europe. This

    I'm confused, are you looking for a GPIO card or are you selling one?  I can send you one if you need it. But it fits the DIO slot as used on the 9000 200 series and some of the 300 series. You're 380 has DIO-II slots which are wider. It  MAY have the adapter that converts the DIO-II to DIO slots but that's something that you need to check on.

   Besides the difference in width, the two cards use different connectors. The 200 series cards have card edge connectors and the DIO-II cards have VME type connector. I think some people also call these Euro connectors.

     Joe

---

From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 5 13:06:54 2003

Hi again. Well, doing  a resume for my own control, and considering
it of interest for everybody, I proceed to send it to the list, with the
permission of the moderator.

> One HP 98574 board with... TWO memory chips

Actually, the machine don't have peripherals connected.
I have actually one HP-IB Hard Disk, one HP-IB 5.25 floppy disk,
one HP-IB streamer, and I have the opportunity to acquire one
HP9885 8" floppy disk unit. This last device has couple of back connectors;
one of 50 pin and another one of 37 pin. In appeareance, the HP9000/380
don't have this connectors available. The connector more similar to this
needed
to our purposes, like we shall see later, is one wide centronics connector
with a legend above: "SCSI/ HS HP-IB". I don't have serial terminal,
keyboard, mouse or graphic terminal.

Said this, I have some questions about the machine and its peripherals.
Here we go:

CAN I ATTACH AND USE ONE HP9885 WITH ONE HP9000/380 ?

Joe->
> Yes it CAN be attached. You'd have to use the GPIO interface
> and probably have to write you're own drivers. The GPIO interface
> is the nearest thing to the original interface (HP 98034 option 85 IIRC)
> for the 9885. I THINK I remember that HP did make an 9885 interface
> for the early 9000 200 series computers but I don't remember the details.
> The original interface for the 9885 is a 16 bit parallel interface,
> it is NOT SASI or SCSI.

Tony->

> used to hang 'slave' drives off the controller in this unit.

Joe->
> I have several 9885 units. That "SCSI" connector
> is the standard connector that HP uses for GPIO.

CAN BE ONE WIDE CENTRONICS CONNECTOR IN THE BACK
OF THE HP9000/380 WITH THE LEGEND "SCSI/HS HP-IB"
A GPIO PORT ?

Robert->
> standoffs right behind the connector, and the ribbon cable moves from the

Joe->
> I don't have a 380 any more so I'll tell you as best as I remember.
> If the wide 50 pin port is built into the machine it's probably a serial
port.
> A lot of the HP's had those built in. If it's on a card then it may be
GPIO
> but if so it should be clearly marked as much.

SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THE GPIO BOARD FOR THE HP9000

Joe->
> [...] But it fits the DIO slot as used on the 9000 200 series and some of
the
> 300 series. You're 380 has DIO-II slots which are wider. It  MAY have
> the adapter that converts the DIO-II to DIO slots but that's something
> that you need to check on.
> Besides the difference in width, the two cards use different connectors.
> The 200 series cards have card edge connectors and the DIO-II cards
> have VME type connector. I think some people also call these
> Euro connectors.

Joe->
> If the port on your machine is GPIO and you are running HP BASIC
> then you don't need anything to manage it except for the binary driver
file.
> If you do a LIST BIN. It will tell you all of the driver files that are
loaded.
> I'm guessing that there's a good chance that you're not running BASIC
> on a 380. If you're not, then let me know what you're running and I'll try
> to find out if you need a driver and what it's name is.

> Let me explain further. If you are running BASIC and have
> the necessary BIN file loaded then you can control the GPIO port
> much like you'd control an Intel 8255. You can access it's internal
registers,
> set each I/O line as 0 or 1 for logic true, st each as input, output or
both.
> You can also set characteristics for the hand shaking lines and
interrupts.
> But you still won't have any high level DOS type commands to access
> the disk drive (no read, write, save, load commands).  I'm not sure
> but there MAY be a BIN file that you can load that may give you
> those commands. Bt even if you can do that, you'll still need to figure
out
> the connectiosn between the GPIO interface and the 9885

HOW CAN I UPGRADE ONE HP9000/380 TO ONE HP9000/385 ?

> just picked up 16MB of RAM for it (Thanks, Jim!).

HP9000/380 GRAPHIC MONITORS

Robert ->
> adapter to a VGA monitor or a monitor with 3 BNC.

Joe ->
> There are a whole range of video/graphics options for the 300 series.
> Also on a lot of them you can also use a terminal connected to the serial
port.
> One word of caution, you need the correct monitor to work with the card
that you have.
> It's gets tricky trying to find both a monitor and video card that work
together.
> I'm currently using an ADC super VGA monitor that has both the VGA port
and BNC ports.
> IIRC it works with both the 98543 and 98547 video cards. I have a whole
slew
> of HP viedo cards and monitors around but I'm trying to get away from
having
> to have a special monitor for each computer.

WHERE CAN I LOCATE ONE 3 BNC ADAPTER TO A VGA MONITOR ?

John->

> BTW, anybody know the signals on _HD26_ video

WHAT MODEL OF SERIAL TERMINAL CAN I USE WITH ONE
HP9000/380 ?

Robert->
> selected by a firmware command.  The commands can be entered blindly
> without a monitor attached, but a HP-HIL keyboard *MUST* be used
> if it is not set to a serial console already.

WHAT'S ABOUT ONE HP-IB TERMINAL ?

Joe->
> I'm pretty sure all of HP's are RS-232.

WHERE CAN I FIND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ?

Robert->
> http://www.classiccmp.org.

WHAT IS ONE 34-PIN CONNECTOR IN THE HP 98574 BOARD ?
MAYBE A FLOPPY CONNECTOR ?

Joe ->
> I don't have a HP catalog any more so I'm not sure what a 98574 is
> but if it's a video card then the connector is probably for a daughter
board
> with more video RAM. That's pretty common on the HPs. I DOUBT
> that it's for a floppy drive even if it's not on the video card.

WHAT'S ABOUT ONE EIGHT DIP-SWITCHES BANK IN THE
A1416A BOARD ?

No answer yet :-)

Best Regards
Sergio

---

From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 5 13:15:00 2003

> Can I ask why you're trying to use a 9885?  A 9895 has a HP-IB interface 
> and would be a lot easier to use. And it has a lot higher capacity.

Because I don't have one. 
If you know where I can obtain one I should agree to know it :-)

About the GPIO board, I am searching one, my reference to one offer was 
an inexact expression. I agree you offer about the board, but my380 has 
VME slots and not edge connectors.

Finally, the HP 98574 is the CPU board of the 380. It combines in the same
planar:

* CPU
* HP-HIL connector
* HP-IB connector
* Speaker Connector
* Parallel connector
* SCSI/ HS HP-IB connector
* LAN BNC connector
* LAN AUI connector

... plus the inner mysterious 34-pin connector :-)

Thanks and Greetings
Best Regards
Sergio

---

From: "Robert F. Schaefer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 5 18:40:01 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: HP9885 8" floppy unit - resume

PLEASE DON'T YELL.  It makes you sound hostile and angry, and most people
consider it quite rude.  I will attempt to answer some of these questions,
the ones I can't answer I will ignore.

> OF THE HP9000/380 WITH THE LEGEND "SCSI/HS HP-IB"

The 50-in connector labled SCSI/HS-IB can be either SCSI or HS-IB.  Without
an added option board mounted inside the case, it is a SCSI port.  With the
card installed and the cable from the connector moved from the planar to the
card it becomes an HS-IP port.

> HOW CAN I UPGRADE ONE HP9000/380 TO ONE HP9000/385 ?

Move the jumper labled `P10' from `25' to '33'.  The jumper is located
daigonally opposite from pin 1 on the CPU, upper left corner of the CPU as
seen from above with the DIO connectors closest to you.  Replace the
socketed 50MHz oscillator `Y2' located to the immediate right of the CPU as
viewed above with a 66MHz oscillator.  This will overclock the 25MHz 68040
to 33MHz.  It will most likely void your warranty.

> WHERE CAN I LOCATE ONE 3 BNC ADAPTER TO A VGA MONITOR ?

http://www.google.com/search?q=BNC%20to%20VGA would be a good place to
start.  You can purchase them pre-made, or assemble one yourself if you
like.

> WHAT MODEL OF SERIAL TERMINAL CAN I USE WITH ONE

The default settings are 9600 baud, 8 bits no parity 1 stop bit.  Just about
any terminal ever made will work, provided the cables can be mated up and
the console can be switched to the serial port.

When the serial console is enabled, it is merely an extension of the
graphical head.  The HP-HIL keyboard remains enabled (and presumably the
framebuffer too), any characters entered on it will be echoed to the console
as if they were entered via the terminal attached to the serial console.
This will allow you to do things like play around on the HP-HIL keyboard and
accidentally switch the console back to the graphical head...

> WHERE CAN I FIND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ?

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/hp300 is where I found most of my information.
Another place to check would be http://www.google.com/search?q=HP+9000+380.

> MAYBE A FLOPPY CONNECTOR ?

I'm not positive, but I believe it is where the HS-IP option board connects
to the planar.

Bob

---

From: "Robert F. Schaefer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 5 18:48:00 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: HP9885 8" floppy unit - resume

Move the jumper labled `P10' from `25' to '33'.  The jumper is located
daigonally opposite from pin 1 on the CPU, upper left corner of the CPU as
seen from above with the DIO connectors closest to you.  Replace the
socketed 50MHz oscillator `Y2' located to the immediate right of the CPU as
viewed above with a 66MHz oscillator.  This will overclock the 25MHz 68040
to 33MHz.  It will most likely void your warranty, and may result in the
magic smoke escaping from the CPU.

> MAYBE A FLOPPY CONNECTOR ?

I'm not positive, as I don't have one, but I believe it is where the HS-IP
option board connects to the planar.

Bob

---

From: "Robert F. Schaefer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 5 18:49:26 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: HP9885 8" floppy unit - resume

Bob

---

From: "Robert F. Schaefer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 5 18:50:53 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 2:04 PM
Subject: Re: HP9885 8" floppy unit - resume

Bob

---

From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Apr 6 00:36:00 2003

Hi, Robert !

> the ones I can't answer I will ignore.

Ok :-)
I did it for "remark" purposes. Even when I know the netiquette precepts
in this aspect, sometimes I have a sensation of dispersion in these
messages.
The only way I have to divide paragraphs in a correct visual form for me
is to put the head of the paragraphs in CAPS. Sorry if somebody was
offended.

About the rest of the message, it answers some of the questions I have
in a satisfactory way... by the moment, of course :-)

Thanks and Greetings
Best Regards
Sergio