Subject: Re: OT?: low tech computer.

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 14 21:33:00 2003

>I got sent this from a list,  I thought it was funny.
>
>http://jokeworm.com/funlinks/funlinks6.html

Ok, what OS does it run? It says Intel Inside, but has an ADB Mac Mouse 
connected... humm... I thought Apple's only Intel based OS was an early 
version of Rhapsody... and that ran on standard Intel compatible 
hardware, so no ADB mouse (could be an internal build of OS X for Intel, 
but that still wouldn't use an ADB mouse).

Humm... NeXTStep maybe, using a Mac mouse as a replacement... they used 
ADB on some model NeXT boxes, didn't they? Color is right for a NeXT Cube.

Er.. ok, I have officially taken this too seriously.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: "Dr. Ido" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Apr 15 04:27:00 2003

><http://www.mythtech.net>

No idea where I'd look to find the link now, but ages ago I saw a similar
pic.  It was of a prop made for a movie (according to the site I saw it
on).  The guts of a compact mac including the CRT were mounted in an
underwood typewriter.  No visible ADB mouse, floppy drive, and definitely
no intel inside badge.  I don't know how functional it is if at all, but
the desktop on the CRT didn't look faked.