Subject: What a crime

From: "Jeffrey H. Ingber" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 18 17:24:00 2003

This type of stuff drives me nuts and seems to be a growing fad.  Both
of these systems had their internals intact before they were 'stripped'
and discarded for this 'mod'

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3419834906&category=3669

and another here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3419835704&category=3669

-- 
Jeffrey H. Ingber <[email-masked]>

---

From: "TeoZ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 18 18:34:00 2003

I guess if the outside was scratched all to hell I wouldnt care if they were
gutted. A cude in pristine running condition would be kind of expensive to
gut like what he did. Where in that auction did he say they started off as
full working computers (if its there I missed it).

I personally dont go for the case mods at all, I would only repaint a
computer if it had major cosmetic damage such as extreme yellowing and or
deep scratches, cracks, etc. The stuff I collect just gets bigger storage,
upgrade cards, peripherals, and such. I dont get into board hacks or
anything that would keep it from going back to stock status. Everything I
remove is kept incase I want to return it to the way I got it (original ram,
HD, video cards, port covers, etc).

---

From: Philip Pemberton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jun 20 15:30:00 2003

In message <[email-masked]>
          "TeoZ" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> deep scratches, cracks, etc.
My personal method is to use Araldite Instant Clear to fix the crack, sand it
so that it's level with the rest of the panel, then use a fine paintbrush and
some good-quality paint to paint over the Araldite. It should work OK.

Later.
-- 
Phil.
[email-masked]
http://www.philpem.dsl.pipex.com/

---

From: "John Allain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jun 20 19:11:00 2003

I think I should mention that the container for 4 recently obtained 
RF7* series drives will be going to the trash if there are no takers 
in a week.
If you're near NYC and want it it's yours.  It's a rackable/externalizable
storage enclosure.  PSU and OCP (operator control panel) included,
just no drives.
I will sell some drives if you're desperate, not for cheap, but not for
resellers' price either.

John A.