Subject: Re: Future uncollectable computers...

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jul 18 08:57:01 2003

>and a good excuse to dump the dual G4
>I already own. ;-)

Your excuse can be that you gave it to me :-)

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jul 18 09:00:01 2003

>It will make g4 machines dirt cheap as the herd sells them off to buy the
>G5.

And I'm hoping it will shove the price of used early iMacs even lower. 
Those things make GREAT office workstations.

-chris

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri Jul 18 13:24:00 2003

In a message dated 7/18/2003 2:07:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> >One model that I used to support and I'd like to find would be the IBM 
> Aptiva 
> >stealth model they made back in 1998/1999. I thought it was a neat idea to 
> >put the drives in a seperate enclosure below the monitor. 
> 
> 1996/97 maybe?  Cluttering up my office/lab/computer room is an Aptiva 
> 166mhz machine, with the neat black tower and black monitor with the 
> drive pod below it.  It's a non-upgradeable system, a gift to one of my 
> kids from a grandparent, and has been replaced with a more modern 
> generic pc.  You should be able to find on on epay if you're patient.  I 
> want to save this one for the kid when he gets older he might want to 
> have his first computer, with it's antique windows 95, cd rom drive 
> (with no writing or dvd reading capability), and miniscule 2.5gb hard drive.
> 

Yups, that sounds like it. 2159-Sxx series. Sound like yours is the first 
generation model with that cursed MWAVE modem. There was 2159-S80 and S90 models 
which were MMX, no MWAVE and slightly redesigned and much better IMO. 

--  
Antique Computer Virtual Museum
www.nothingtodo.org