Subject: OT: Ebay Search Engine

From: William Donzelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 24 16:01:00 2003

Has anyone on this list been having problems with the Ebay Search 
Engine within the last week or so? 

Wildcard searches, typically using two wildcards, are not working for me 
anymore, typically returning 0 hits. Apparently others have been having 
some problems, as seen on the Ebay discussion boards.

Ebay tech support is being less than helpful. "Well, it works for us". 

Please reply off list (although I know this will now start an Ebay sucks 
thread). 

William Donzelli
[email-masked]

---

From: Marvin Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 24 18:30:01 2003

Ebay has been having more trouble than usual with their search engine.
You might try doing the search, and then on the page showing no entries,
press the search button there. Of course, another solution is to avoid
ebay :).

-- 
-------------------------------------------
ebaY's Security Breach and Coverup
http://www.auctionguild.com/generic110.html

SellYourItem.com - Your Member Driven Auction Community!
http://www.sellyouritem.com

---

From: Chad Fernandez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 24 23:30:01 2003

> some problems, as seen on the Ebay discussion boards.

I've never done that.  How do you do it?  I typically search like this:

Buick 350 -wholesale -xenon

(-wholesale -xenon, get rid of most of the people selling ricer stuff)

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA