Subject: re: Older wordprocessing software

From: "Eric F." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jul 8 04:31:00 2003

On Mon, Jul 7, 08:36:00, 2003, Jules Richardson wrote:

>I remember Ami Pro being quite reasonable on a similar spec desktop machine,
>but my copy went to tape years ago and around half of the old tapes of mine
>that I found recently are no longer readable :-( 
>
>Suggestions of alternative software welcome though...

XyWrite comes to mind: low resource requirements, yet oodles of formatting
options.  

It takes a bit of time and practice to build up some speedy chops, so it
may not be the panacea you're looking for.  I do know, however, that
XyWrite's format can be successfully converted into (many of) today's
common word processing formats.

Regards,
Eric

---

From: Gene Ehrich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jul 8 07:25:00 2003

>XyWrite comes to mind: low resource requirements, yet oodles of formatting

What ever happened to XyWrite, was it acquired by another company?