Subject: References works for DEC hardware

From: "Cynde Moya" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 19 10:58:00 2003

Hi 

I am looking for a comprehensive reference works for (non-PC-board) DEC hardware. 

Things with the part number pattern like :

70-xxxxx-xx
10-xxxxx-xx
12-xxxxx-xx
90-xxxxx-xx

I'm sure you get the idea. If you could let me know about print, online, official DEC documents, or even DEC microfiche, I would be very grateful. 

Cynde Moya, MLIS, PhD(c)
Archives Cataloguer
Vulcan Inc.
www.vulcan.com

Office Tel. 206-223-4901
Mobile Tel. 206.369.3205
Fax. 206-223-4207

---

From: "Antonio Carlini" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 19 16:31:00 2003

> Things with the part number pattern like :

You can find online manuals by searching at http://vt100.net/manx
but that searches document titles only.

There is a scan of the Options Module List (aka the Dick Best list)
but I don't have a pointer. Be warned it's 1000s of pages long and
is scanned but not OCRd (I'm probably not the only one to have
tried and failed ...) but if you can get it you may find it
helpful.

As for microfiche, there's plenty (just look at ebay) but noone has
yet started to scan that. 

You can also fire up the usual search engines and just hunt for
your 2-5-2 part number and see if anyone else has already asked
(be sure to use deja to search newsgroups too).

You can obviously ask here too (although doing some leg-work up front
never hurts!)

Antonio
 
-- 

---------------
Antonio Carlini             [email-masked]