Subject: Re: Can anyone id these HP ICs?

From: "Stan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 17 22:26:00 2003

Hi Joe,

The 05370-60022 part number IDs this as the Arming Board from the HP 5370A/B
counter. The 1820-0753 is an ECL dual 3-input gate, the 1820-1999 is a
multiplexer, and the 1820-2000 is a D flip-flop. These are all ECL IC's, and
on each of them the two end pins are connected to the substrate and tied to
the -5.2 V bus. These two pins act as both power input and heat sinks for
the chip.

Stan

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:54:54
To: [email-masked]
From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Can anyone id these HP ICs? (Joe)
Reply-To: [email-masked]

   Bingo! You're right. It's part number is 05370-60022. I had tried to
look up that number but all I found was a scanner with the same PN. Do you
have a service manual for this? If so, can you tell me what these parts
are? PNs 1820-0753, 1820-2000 and 1820-1999.

   Joe

At 10:55 AM 7/15/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Joe,
>
>Your board looks like one of the interpolator cards from an HP 5370A
Universal Time Interval Counter. Do you see an "05370-6xxxx" part number on
the board anywhere?
>
>
>Message: 14
>Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:52:26
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Joe <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: Can anyone id these HP ICs?
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>
>Hi Ed,
>
>  I posted a picture at
><http://home.cfl.rr.com/rigdon14/t-bird/hp-ic.jpg>.
>I unplugged the two ICs in the top RH corner and turned them over so that
>you can see the bottom and side of the ICs and the heat sink that the IC
>normally sits on. There is a depression in the bottom of the IC case and a
>rasied pad on the heatsink that fits into the depression. I've never seen
>anything like this before! Note the delay line (?) on the LH side of the
>card. Sorry I couldn't get a better picture. This is as close as I could
>get with my camera.
>
>   Joe

--__--__--

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jul 18 08:34:01 2003

Hi Stan,

  Thanks for the info. Any idea whey the fancy construction? I've dealt
with ECL before but never seen anything like this.

  BTW I'm made copies of that memory board manual for you. It's packed and
ready to ship. I'll try to drop it off at the post office today.

   Joe