Subject: Re: Tektronix 8560 with PDP-11/23 CPU running TNIX (UINX)

From: Al Kossow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu May 8 18:43:00 2003

>Has someone distribution media or stand alone tools?

   IIRC one of the units here has a hard drive attached to it.  The hard
drive unit is a separate piece that's about the same size as the 8560 and
had a model number 8650 or something like that. I think there may be some
docs down here as well. My friend is a real Tektronix nut and he has a huge
collection of Tektronix equipment and docs. They looked interesting but too
specialized to do anything with.

    Joe

=======

Could you ask if he has the maint manual for the 8650 or 4051?
I've not been able to turn these up anywhere.

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu May 8 20:14:00 2003

>I've not been able to turn these up anywhere.

  Mike H has the service manual for the 4051 along with ALL the other
manuals for it including some internal use manuals for some prototype ROMs
(HP-IB bus analyzer, some kind of imaging sensor and some other stuff that
I don't remember). I gave them to him along with my 4051.  Another real
INTERESTING item that he has is a programmer's front panel that plugs into
the 4051. They talk about it in the service manual. You might want to try
and borrow it from him and reverse engineering it. I don't think it was
very complicated.

    I'll look for manuals for the 8650 and related items when I get over to
my friend's place but it might be a couple of weeks.

   Mike also has some manuals for the Tektronix 8002 (I think that was the
right number).