Subject: A GENIAC selling for $800

From: "Keys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat May 17 12:37:00 2003

I guess I will never get one now at these prices. :-(
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2729184339&category=1247

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat May 17 14:54:00 2003

Cripes! and the auction isn't even over yet!  Why doesn't somebody
reproduce these? There's not much to them.

    Joe

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat May 17 15:54:00 2003

> reproduce these? There's not much to them.

Yes, some fiber board, brads, wire, and lamps.  But they wouldn't sell for
$800 ;)

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *

---

From: Gary and the Samoyeds <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun May 18 10:40:01 2003

Well, not $800 (or whatever it's up to now), but if there were an exact replica, I'd pay a lot more than $9.95.  I'm not a collector and CERTAINLY not a speculator, but I like to play with old tech stuff.  Even if that risks breaking it.  Even if it is not PHYSICALLY old, but an old design.  

-- 

"No matter what happens, the U.S. Navy is not going to be caught napping."
-- Secretary of Navy, December 4, 1941

Send eMail to ----> [email-masked].  For contact info, see:  
        http://home.earthlink.net/~sleepyjackal/contact.htm