Subject: Kaypro Software-Micro Cornucopia Disks

From: J Forbes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 23 13:11:30 2003

When I got several Kaypro II etc. machines several years ago at the 
thrift store, I also found a bunch of related floppy disks.  Several of 
them are apparently copies of disks from Micro Cornucopia at Bend, 
Oregon (a mid 80s magazine?).  They appear to have lots of useful 
software, I think public domain...assemblers, utilities, etc.

I finally got round to getting 22disk running on an XT, and I've been 
reading these old floppies, and copying the contents to the hard drive 
on my main computer.  No read errors yet, and I've done a dozen! 
amazing....

Is there any interest in this stuff, such as on a CP/M archive server 
somewhere?  I should be able to zip it up and email or ftp it somewhere. 
  I don't have room on my home page (url below).

Here's a sample of what's in them, from part of the .doc file for one of 
the disks:

=============================================

           KAYPRO USER'S DISK #10-------Assembly Language Disk

			Micro Cornucopia
			PO BOX 223
			Bend OR 97709

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
CROWECPM.COM
CROWECPM.DOC
CROWECPM.Z80

This program is for all of you that wanted a Z80 assembler without spending
hundreds of dollars for it. We modified the CROWE assembler so that it
would work under any CP/M system. CROWECPM accepts standard Zilog mnemonics
and creates a .HEX and .PRN files. The .HEX file is in Intel format and can
be used to create a .COM file with the CP/M LOAD.COM. A symbol table is
listed at the end of the .PRN file. It is a good assembler and the source
code is included if any one would like to make it even better.

See CROWECPM.DOC for information on using the CROWECPM assembler.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
LASM.COM
LASM.DOC

This is another assembler. It is a rewrite of the standard CP/M ASM
assembler. The difference is that this version can link assembly language
programs together at assembly time. This version also runs faster the
ASM.COM. This could be a the begininning of a linker for our Small C+.

See LASM.DOC for details.

=======================================================
Neat stuff, obviously.
-- 
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum!
http://www.mindspring.com/~jforbes2

---

From: Hans B Pufal <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 23 14:15:01 2003

J Forbes wrote:

  ...
> on my main computer.  No read errors yet, and I've done a dozen! 

Almost as amazing as my experience reading 30 year old DECtapes, over 25 
tapes read and only a few retries, no read errors.

>  I don't have room on my home page (url below).

Neat stuff indeed, if no one else volounteers I can host them in my 
webspace....

   -- hbp

---

From: Jim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 23 14:30:00 2003

J Forbes wrote:

> thrift store, I also found a bunch of related floppy disks.  Several 
> of them are apparently copies of disks from Micro Cornucopia at Bend, 
> somewhere?  I should be able to zip it up and email or ftp it 
> somewhere.  I don't have room on my home page (url below).
>
Grab an account at one of the free webservers (I use tripod) and slap a 
quick webpage up. Free and it works for me!

Jim

---

From: Kevin Handy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 23 14:41:00 2003

> software, I think public domain...assemblers, utilities, etc.

Micro Cornucopia was a Kaypro oriented magazine, which also had some
MS-DOS stuff in later years.  They offered several items for sale for 
upgrading
Kaypro's, such as a 4Mhz modification, and schematics of the system.

> somewhere.  I don't have room on my home page (url below).

I thought I had some of these Kaypro Disks, but can only see a Pro-8 
utility disk
at the moment. I wouldn't mind getting copies of the Kaypro disks, but 
don't have
any place to host them.

These disks usually were programs without source code.

Micro Cornucopia also had several MS-DOS disks available, some of
which I have. These are (rough names only)

ms-2 CheapAssem
ms-3 Adventure
ms-8 NeatGames
ms-13 EditorAndFormatter
ms-21 SmallCAndCWindows
ms-22 DynamiteUtilities
ms-23 Express
ms-24 SuperiorGames
ms-27 SystemPrimer
ms-28 FiveNewAdventures
ms-32 HackAndBeast
ms-34 ColorGames
ms-36 GeneralUtilities
ms-37 DiskUtilities
ms-40 MoreUtilities
ms-44 Hercules
ms-47 PCStyle

---

From: Don Maslin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 23 17:17:00 2003

> somewhere?  I should be able to zip it up and email or ftp it somewhere.

I would suggest contacting Gaby and asking if she would like to
host it on her site.
						- don