Subject: Re: JetDirect EX print server

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jun 13 10:45:00 2003

>	Well, can you at least print the test configuration page now?

I could always print a test page as long as I wasn't on the network. Now 
I can print a test page while on the private network, but it doesn't have 
an IP because there is no BootP server to send data to it.

BUT, I can connect via my Mac on the private network and print a page, so 
it looks like the device is physically working just fine, and it just 
doesn't like something on my normal network (my guess being the BootP 
response from my DHCP server).

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: David Woyciesjes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jun 13 11:23:02 2003

> <http://www.mythtech.net>

	IIRC, once you reset one of these to factory settings, there is a
default IP address you can telnet to to configure it. Don't remember
what it is, tho...
	BTW, can you see it from the JetDirect software on the Mac? Or is it
not seen by JetDirect from both the PC and the Mac?

--
---   Dave Woyciesjes
---   ICQ# 905818