Subject: Re: Plotter

From: James Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jul 18 19:12:01 2003

I've used both products.  In my previous life, I was an industrial 
control contractor in food packaging plants.  We used the Loctite stuff. 
to stick polyurethane conveyor belts together as in a spliced loop.  
These belts ran at 2-300 ft per minute in a wet, oily, washdown 
environment (salad oil bottling plant) for months without a break.  It 
was extremely expensive and the supply room checked it out and in.  The 
clerk used to chase me down when I forgot to return  the splice kit.

The "cyanopoxy" stuff was used to build up delrin and teflon conveyor 
gudes when they wore through, until new ones could be machined out of  
block stock.  I know it would stick a teflon gear together and would 
probably be stronger than the original gear.  Just be careful and don't 
stick your fingers to the gear.  You will have to remove the skin with a 
single edge razor blade...don't ask, trust me on this one.  I can't 
remember how much it costs, but I'm sure it wasn't cheap.

James

>There is a product called "Cyanopoxy" that is like a two-part "super
>  
>
>glue" that can bond slippery plastics like delrin and molded nylon that
>should work. It is fairly expensive, though. I haven't used it myself,
>but I've read about it in the model railroad hobby press.
>
>There's a type of Loctite that does as well -- even sticks polythene.
> I can't remember the number, thugh.   Unfortunately it costs something
>like UKP 35 for a tiny bottle (well, two bottles, actually, because it
>comes with an activator).
>

-- 
http://webpages.charter.net/jrice54/classiccomp2.html

---

From: Peter Turnbull <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jul 19 18:29:00 2003

> to stick polyurethane conveyor belts together as in a spliced loop.

There are lots of types of Loctite, though, and the one for polythene
and nylon isn't the same as the one for polyurethane.  Polyurethane
isn't nearly s hard to stick.

> > I can't remember the number, thugh.

-- 
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager
						University of York