Subject: Re: Mac Classic

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 14 07:59:01 2003

>Is there a keyboard shortcut that will turn the $%^& thing off??

Sorry, I said Command-Option-O, but what you may in fact want is 
Command-Option-X.

Command-Option-O toggles CloseView on and off, and Command-Option-X 
toggles the magnification on and off. I don't remember if turning off 
CloseView will ALSO turn off the magnification, or if they are two 
different abilities.

In either case, to permanantly disable it, you still should remove the 
CloseView control panel from the Control Panels folder and reboot.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: "Geoff Roberts" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 16 00:23:00 2003

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "chris" <[email-masked]>
To: "Classic Computer" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 10:27 PM
Subject: Re: Mac Classic

> Command-Option-O toggles CloseView on and off, 

Well, I did that first, and it restored the desktop to normal, so I was then
able to use the mouse to disable Closeview.

> CloseView control panel from the Control Panels folder and reboot.

Did that too.  Thanks for your help.  I was sure there had to be a way, but I couldn't seem to
find it.

Cheers

Geoff in Oz