Subject: pdp-11/35 question...

From: "Mike Ross" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 3 15:51:01 2003

I was sure I had an 11/35 somewhere, but I can't find the damn thing 
anyplace(1)... I may have to build one (I was sure I had one because I have 
an 11/35 front panel, which I seemed to recall detaching 'for safe 
keeping').

Can anyone tell me the number of the power supply used in the 10 1/2" 11/35 
rackmount box? Seem to recall it ran along the side, like a pdp-8e, not at 
the end, like an 11/20?

Any suggestions on building an 11/35... any other DEC boxes use the same 
power supply? I've a couple of 11/40 KD11-A backplanes, was thinking vaguely 
of mounting one, along with the front panel, in some other DEC box... (since 
11/35 meets the definition of 'fastest blinkenlights pdp-11 that can be 
built in a 10 1/2" rackmount chassis').

Cheers

Mike
http://www.corestore.org
(1) being able to 'loose' an 11/35 could well be the definition of 'having 
too many computers'!!!

_________________________________________________________________
Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Mon Mar 3 18:45:12 2003

> power supply? I've a couple of 11/40 KD11-A backplanes, was thinking vaguely 

I thought the 10.5" version of the 11/35 went into a BA11-K box, with the 
PSU across the back. The same box is used for the 10.5" version of the 
11/05, 11/10, 11/34. You would haev to select the right PSU bricks for 
the memory your'e using -- you'd need a 20V regulator if you're fitting 
core, for example.

-tony