Subject: Re: maybe OT: Performa 6200CD needs network help

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 26 10:04:00 2003

>I tried installing a driver package from Farallon (for 
>Ethernet Comm Slot LC? I know this isn't an LC but it was the only 
>thing I could find that was even close to sounding like the right 
>thing).

>Anyone have any ideas? I wrote down some cryptic info off the card 
>itself, nothing obvious to me about the manufacturer or model 
>("SONIC-T"..."BD-059 Rev A"...?)

You've got the wrong drivers.

Sonic cards need their own driver, and don't work with the Apple drivers. 
Obviously, Farallon drivers aren't going to work either.

try this download

ftp://ftp.sonicwall.com/pub/software/Unsupported/Ethernet/Ethernet_7.8.imag
e.sea.hqx

Also, uninstall or disable the Farallon drivers. The Sonic will also 
install as "Alternate Ethernet" which will probably cause issues with the 
Farallon Drivers (you can disable the Apple Drivers too if you want since 
they won't be used either).

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: Marion Bates <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 26 11:50:01 2003

Hey thank you!! We will try that.  :)

Thanks,

-- MB