Subject: Tektronix 4010 graphics terminal

From: J Forbes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 28 01:47:24 2003

I got my Tek 4010 powered up and running.  See the link in my sig for 
some pics and more info.

-- 
Jim

Visit the Selectric Typewriter Museum!
http://www.mindspring.com/~jforbes2

---

From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 30 10:37:00 2003

> I got my Tek 4010 powered up and running.  See the link in my sig for 

Nice job.  I used to use a 4010 as a console on a pair of PDP-8/ms
at Ohio State - this is the rig with the rack of Diablo drives and
the dual-ported controller I mentioned recently.

I still have a stack of printouts from a Textronix hardcopy unit that
was attached to it.

I remember it was more cumbersome to use than a VT52 or VT220, owing
to the storage nature of the scope.  When at the OS/8 dot prompt and
typing commands, IIRC, I had to hit some key or switch to clear the
screen or it would wrap around and overlay older text.  Long directory
listings were easily mangled.  Still, that particular color of green
still takes me back to those days.  I don't remember if a ^L or some
such would clear the screen when running applications.  I don't think
I ever attempted ADVENT on it.  :-)

But congrats on getting your working.

-ethan

P.S. - nice clocks.  If I had some play money lying around, I'd
consider getting a CRT clock - as a kit, naturally.  It would be
a nice addition to my growing shelf of binary clocks.
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.
http://search.yahoo.com