Subject: RE: HP 9000 300 data acquisition card - Infotek AD200

From: "Peter Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat May 3 16:49:00 2003

Hi All,

I've just acquired an HP 9000 series R332.  In the back of it amongst the 
usual HPIB / GPIB cards there is a card marked Infotek Systems AD200 
Converter, \ Assy 900-13992 rev E - I assume that this is some sort of data 
acquisition card.

Does anyone have details of the card specification / the software required 
to drive it?

Cheers

Peter Brown

_________________________________________________________________
It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger today! 
http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun May 4 09:24:01 2003

Peter,

   What kind of terminal(s) does it have? It sounds like it might be a A/D or perhaps a D/A card. HP made some A/Ds I think I have some docs on it somewhere. I used to have one the cards I never got around doing anything with it. I never even pulled it out of the machine so I don't know if it was made by HP or if it was made by someone else. IIRC it had a row of screw terminal on the back side of it. I looked through the manual for the HP A/D card at one time and I don't think it took any special software. The system treated it somewhat like a GPIO card but the digital value that was input was converted from the analog input. If you output a digital value to the card it selected the channel number (12 channels as I recall) and range.  If you think your card may be a A/D, I'll try to find the docs that I have.

   I forgot to ask, is this a DIO card?

    Joe