Subject: IBM Unit Record equipment on eBay

From: "Brian Knittel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 12 02:56:00 2003

Hey folks,

There is some interesting (and heavy) IBM unit record equipment up 
for auction on ebay. View
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1247&item=27353
14909
and click on "View Seller's Other Auctions" for the whole list:

 IBM 077 collator
 IBM 083 sorters (two)
 IBM 088 collator plugboards and manual only
 IBM 548 alphabetic interpreter
 IBM 129 keypunch
 Documation RM600LCC card reader

The minimum bids are reasonable for all but the Documation reader. 
It's interesting and relatively rare stuff -- shouldn't be let to go 
to scrap.

Also, I got my Documation reader working tonight -- it was misreading 
because of worn feed rollers. I learned a lot about the these 
machines trying to diagnose and fix that. The USB interface is 
finished and working now (if anyone wants the schematic and code, 
write to me), and I was able to read in the system load deck for 
APL\1130. So -- sometime in the next few weeks the IBM 1130 emulator 
will have APL and a bunch of other old code I have here on cards.

Brian

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
_| _| _|  Brian Knittel
_| _| _|  Quarterbyte Systems, Inc.
_| _| _|  Tel:   1-510-559-7930
_| _| _|  Fax: 1-510-525-6889
_| _| _|  Email: [email-masked]
_| _| _|  http://www.quarterbyte.com

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 12 07:33:00 2003

> It's interesting and relatively rare stuff -- shouldn't be let to go

I don't know why they decided to start the 548 at $300.  Otherwise, it's
some pretty nice stuff, but the shipping alone will be $1,000 on
everything.  I hope it goes somewhere besides the scrapyard.

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *

---

From: "Keys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 12 14:38:00 2003

Wished I lived closer. :-)

---

From: William Donzelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 12 19:09:00 2003

>  IBM 548 alphabetic interpreter

Cool stuff. Even though I am finally getting rid of that CM5 chassis, 
making a sizeable hole in the shop, I am so far out of room for any more 
goodies that I might have to take a pass.

William Donzelli
[email-masked]

---

From: William Donzelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 12 19:15:00 2003

> everything.  I hope it goes somewhere besides the scrapyard.

Scrap value, probably. There is quite a lot of nice metal in the relay 
brains of some of those punch card machines. Probably not $300 worth, but 
much more than a brainless 077 or 083.

William Donzelli
[email-masked]