Subject: tape stuck in a TK70

From: "Greg Elkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Apr 17 05:37:01 2003

How does one get a tape out of a TK70 when it doesn't want to let it 
go? Tried powering on / off a few times, hitting the unload button 3 
or 4 times in quick succession etc.

Wish the TK50 / TK70 QBUS controller cards had some firmware 
diagnostics that one could access, like retension tape, unload tape, 
etc...

greg

---

From: Jochen Kunz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Apr 17 05:56:00 2003

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 11:35:09AM +0100, Greg Elkin wrote:

> How does one get a tape out of a TK70 when it doesn't 
> want to let it go? 
There is a hole in the PCB on the bottom of the drive right below the
casette motor. You can see a Phillips screw through this hole. You 
can put a screw driver into it and manually rewind the tape with it. 
(At least this was so on a TK50 I had to do this.) 
-- 

tschüß,
         Jochen

Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/

---

From: "Greg Elkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Apr 17 09:55:00 2003

> casette motor. You can see a Phillips screw through this hole. You can
> put a screw driver into it and manually rewind the tape with it. (At
> least this was so on a TK50 I had to do this.) -- 
> 
'tis the same on the TK70 tape drive, I've manually rewound the tape 
& got it out of the drive now.

thanks,
greg