Subject: Re: Cool little modulator

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 5 13:56:01 2003

>> Sellam indicated that he thinks the modulator came with all IIc's, but I
>> have to question... Why? The IIc already has a composite video out, so
>> why also ship with the modulator.
>
>To make it easier to hook into a television.  Trust me on this one.

Never mind... I think I just realized it. I took another look at the 
units and realized I was mistaken as to which one had the Channel 3/4 
selector switch. I thought Apple included it into the "Switch Box", 
leaving the "Modulator" to be completely redundant with the composite 
output that the IIc already has built in.

In fact, I was mistaken, the 3/4 switch is on the "Modulator", which 
means it isn't a composite output but rather a RF output using an RCA 
connector (as might be expected to plug into the Switch Box).

Realizing my mistake on which carried that ability, I now fully 
understand why Apple included it since it in fact is NOT the same output 
as already on the IIc.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>