Subject: Tymshare model ASR-33s??

From: [email-masked] (Bob Armstrong)
Date: Sat Jul 12 23:01:00 2003

Has anybody ever seen a special Tymshare model ASR-33?  It's more or less
a standard ASR-33, except that it has a three button CCU and the silver
plate on the front (the one which would ordinarily have the Teletype name
and logo) is painted blue (DECsystem-10 blue, I would imagine!) and lettered
"Tymshare | Time Sharing Terminal."

  The CCU has three rectangular buttons marked "COMP", "LCL" and "OFF".
Any data on what this CCU does?  I'd like to modify the ASR for DEC compatible
service (which should be easy enough), but I'd like to keep as much of this
CCU as I can.

  It also doesn't have the reader power supply that's usually clipped on
inside the pedestal, so I'd guess that it's part of the CCU.  Another reason
to keep the CCU if I can.

  Oh - and it also has the cutest little 4W fluorescent tube inside the
paper cover to illuminate the printout.  There's a ballast and a standard
glow type starter inside the CCU.

Thanks,
Bob Armstrong

---

From: James Willing <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 14 11:20:01 2003

> "Tymshare | Time Sharing Terminal."

I remember them well, and while I don't have one of those particular
units, I do have the blue 'faceplace' off of the front.

Keep wondering which came first: the 'Tymshare' terminals, or the 'Time
Tunnel' TV show.  Why?  The 'hourglass' logo on each is curiously
similar...

-jim
---
[email-masked]
The Computer Garage - http://www.rdrop.com/~jimw

---

From: Fred Cisin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 14 14:39:01 2003

> Tunnel' TV show.  Why?  The 'hourglass' logo on each is curiously

Their probably both based on the Windoze default cursor.

---

From: Fred Cisin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 14 14:56:00 2003

> Their probably both based on the Windoze default cursor.

That is "THEY'RE"!

no excuse.
Sorry. I'll try to pay attention to what I'm typing.