Subject: Infotek Info RE: HP 9000 300 data acquisition card - Infotek AD200

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun May 18 18:21:00 2003

Peter,

  Did you ever find out anything about this card, other than the technical
description that someone posted? I THOUGHT I might have a manual for it and
I went looking for it today but didn't find it. (I'm still looking).
However I did find an Infotek manual for a 2Mb memory board for the 9000
200s. It says that Infotek is a division of ALS Corporation and their
address was 1400 N Baxter St, Anaheim, California. This manual is dated
1985 so they may or may not still be around but it might help in your
search. I think there are several list members in that area, maybe you can
get one of them to search locally.  I have several Infotech devices
including ROMs for the 9825, 9845, a memory card for the HP IPC and a
couple of these 2Mb cards for the 9000 200 computers so I'd like to try and
track them down too.

   One thing that prompted me to look for the manual is that I'm working
with Bob Shannon on HP 1000s and he has a card for the 1000 that sounds
like it's exactly the same thing in a different form factor. Even the specs
look the same. We're trying to figure out how to program, trigger and read
it and I'm guessing that that will be the same for both HP cards and your
Infotek card.

    Joe

>
>Peter,
>
>   What kind of terminal(s) does it have? It sounds like it might be a A/D
or perhaps a D/A card. HP made some A/Ds I think I have some docs on it
somewhere. I used to have one the cards I never got around doing anything
with it. I never even pulled it out of the machine so I don't know if it
was made by HP or if it was made by someone else. IIRC it had a row of
screw terminal on the back side of it. I looked through the manual for the
HP A/D card at one time and I don't think it took any special software. The
system treated it somewhat like a GPIO card but the digital value that was
input was converted from the analog input. If you output a digital value to
the card it selected the channel number (12 channels as I recall) and
range.  If you think your card may be a A/D, I'll try to find the docs that
I have.
>
>   I forgot to ask, is this a DIO card?
>
>    Joe
>
>At 09:47 PM 5/3/03 +0000, you wrote:
>>Hi All,
>>
>>I've just acquired an HP 9000 series R332.  In the back of it amongst the 
>>usual HPIB / GPIB cards there is a card marked Infotek Systems AD200 
>>Converter, \ Assy 900-13992 rev E - I assume that this is some sort of data 
>>acquisition card.
>>
>>Does anyone have details of the card specification / the software required 
>>to drive it?
>>
>>Cheers
>>
>>Peter Brown
>>
>>_________________________________________________________________
>>It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger today! 
>>http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger