Subject: RL02 Assistance...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun Jul 27 07:41:50 2003

Hi,

  I've got an RL02 connected to my Vax 4000-200 through an RLV12 QBus 
controller.

  The Drive is spinning up fine and the Ready light is Lit, the Fault light 
goes off once power to the Vax is started and doing a SHO DEV at the Chevron 
prompt and within OpenVMS both show:

RLV12 Controller 0 (774400)
 -DLA3 (RL02)

Which looks great from my perspective, the drive ID plug is a 3, so DLA3 makes 
total sense.   In the SHO DEV within OpenVMS does display the drive as being 
online.

So my problem is with MOUNT, everytime I go to mount the drive the system 
simply hangs and never seems to complete the mount, I end up having to CTRL-
BREAK to Halt the system back to Chevron and b up again from my DSSI DIA0:

Anyone have any idea's what I'm doing wrong or what may be wrong???

I've tried with a /FOREIGN too since this platters are from an 11/730 and many 
of the handwritten labels on the disk paks say RSTS on them, so I wasn't sure 
if it was a format issue or something, I could really use some help/advice from 
anyone with a lot of experience with the quirks of the RL's.

Thanks much,

PS:  If anyone has an RK05 or RK07 DECPack for sale and possibly an RKV11D Qbus 
controller I am in the market for one.

Curt

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 28 11:16:00 2003

Curt,

   Perhaps you've already received the assistance you need (I've been gone all weekend), but - depending on the version of VMS you have (I don't remember which version dropped "compatibility mode") - VMS doesn't much like to mount non-RMS file systems, except as "foreign", which you said you tried.  Is there data on that disk you need?  If not, why not use the command 

$ init DLA3: RLDATA

If it fails that, then I'd suspect a driver mis-match.

Dale
> 
> From: [email-masked]
> Date: 2003/07/26 Sat PM 09:21:33 EDT
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: RL02 Assistance...
> 
> Hi,
>