Subject: Items For Free ???

From: JunkMale <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Apr 13 11:44:22 2003

Hi
Just joined the list and came across this in the October archives from Rich Beaudry. Sorry but I don't know if I can contact you off list.

I know the posting is a bit old but I thought it would not hurt to ask.

I am looking for one or more IBM 3270 Microchannel cards for a pet project of mine. If you (or anyone else) still have this one card available I would be happy to pay the shipping costs and even offer a couple of dollars for your trouble if you like. 

I could use more than one if anyone else has any that they are willing to part with.

Thanks for your time,
Michael

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun Apr 13 16:51:02 2003

What kind of project is it?

Peace...  Sridhar

---

From: JMB <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 14 12:59:50 2003

It's nothing spectacular...
I have several IBM Model 76's sitting around my office (in storage) and I 
thought I would try to replace the couple of remaining dumb terminals that 
are all dying a slow death. I found a couple of these 3270 cards in an old 
box a couple of years ago so I built a PC DOS 5.0/IBM PC3270 disk image on 
one of the PCs. I built two and they still work beautifully ! I would have 
built more but I could find no more cards and there wasn't much of a 
demand. These are very sturdy machines (The IBM 76 and 77 Models) and I 
would love to put more of them back in service. I admit I have a 
sentimental attachment to them and have on several occasions had to make 
excuses to keep others from tossing them.

So it's not critical... but if I can accomplish this I will be quite happy.

Peace to you as well.
  - Michael

At 01:35 PM 4/13/2003 -0400, [email-masked] wrote:

> > I am looking for one or more IBM 3270 Microchannel cards for a pet 
> project of mine.
> >
> > Thanks for your time,
> > Michael