Subject: Re: JetDirect EX print server

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jun 13 09:59:00 2003

>	Chris, do you have a crossover ethernet cable handy? Try using that to
>connect the JetDirect box directly to the NIC on the Win2K box, and see
>if that helps. That way you eliminate any interference for any other
>device on the network.
>	Of course if your Win2K box gets a IP address from the DHCP server,
>you'll need to switch it to a static address... But since they'll be
>isolated, it won't matter what address you give it.

One step ahead of you. I just pulled my Win2k machine from the network 
and plugged it and the JetDirect directly into their own hub (was easier 
to use a spare hub then to crawl under the desk and use a crossover 
cable).

Now the error problem has gone away (not too surprised), but the HP 
Downloader on the Win2k machine STILL can't see the jetdirect. Next step, 
add my Mac to the mix and see if I can see it over AppleTalk.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: David Woyciesjes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jun 13 10:30:01 2003

> add my Mac to the mix and see if I can see it over AppleTalk.

	Well, can you at least print the test configuration page now?

--
---   Dave Woyciesjes
---   ICQ# 905818