Subject: Re: In Focus Systems Macintosh II LCD panel box

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jun 9 08:35:00 2003

>Just came across a little 5x5x1" high metal box with the following connectors
>on it:
>
>  15-pin connector labelled "to computer"
>  15-pin connector labelled "to monitor"
>  15-pin high-density connector labelled "to LCD panel"
>  connectors for "power in" and "power out"
>
>It's badged as being made by In Focus Systems, "For Macintosh II" and model
>"A-35C".

Focus Systems makes scan converters to go from VGA or RGB to an 
assortment of things. IIRC, one of their products was a translucent LCD 
panel that you put on an overhead projector for showing the image of your 
computer screen.

This sounds very much like the scan converter box for that LCD panel. I 
would not at all be surprised if it is really just a fancy RGB to VGA 
converter and can probably be plugged into any VGA monitor.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: Jules Richardson<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jun 9 13:03:00 2003

> converter and can probably be plugged into any VGA monitor.

Thanks - I wondered whether that was actually VGA output too. I don't know what
frequencies the Mac II outputs - but I was hoping the box might buffer each
line of video and do something intelligent with it before spitting it out to
the LCD connector, but it doesn't look like it given the chips that are in
there. 

Still, I do have a Mac II somewhere so might hang onto it as-is, or failing
that the metal case might come in handy and as interface box for something!

cheers

Jules