Subject: Re: 3.5" 720K floppy drives

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 28 16:19:00 2003

>anyone have any of these floating around?  I may need a few in the near 
>future

I have one, but I'm not sure if it works 100% of the time. I've had 
problems with it in the past, but I never bothered to debug enough to see 
if it was the drive, or something else (it was only used for one job, and 
the client for that job was notorious for sending bad disks, so it could 
simply have always been the disks).

Its a 3.5" in a 5.25" half height case (not a removable adaptor shell, 
but an actual 5.25 casing). If you want it, you can have it for the cost 
of shipping from 07450.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: "ghldbrd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Mar 29 06:14:00 2003

>>anyone have any of these floating around?  I may need a few in the near 

I have some Teac drives, but since they do work on my Amigas I'm very 
reluctant to part with them, unless . . . 

I would trade for a Chinon FZ357A drive (HD) or a 360k 5 1/4" drive.  The 
Chinon must be the "A" suffix, as it is one of the few HD drives that will 
work with the Amiga.  It runs the spindle at half speed for HD read/writes.
FZ357's are very common, the A model isn't.  You have to read the back panel 
to get the numbers. 

I think most of these are landfill fodder now, thanks to PeeCee obsolesence. 

Gary Hildebrand
St. Joseph, MO