Subject: Help! Facit 4042 PT Reader/Punch

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 18 16:23:00 2003

Pulled this out of deep storage this past week but it seems to be dead. Does anyone have any info on these? Specs, pinouts, general info, service info, anything?

    Joe

---

From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 18 16:42:00 2003

I think this is the model that I get some months ago from Germany.
Mine has HP-IB interface, but this interface comes in a board that could
be swapped for another one with RS-232 interface.

I couldn't put the machine to work again by diverse reasons, but it appears
to be in good shape (and oiled).

Thanks and Greetings
Best Regards
Sergio

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 7:22 PM
Subject: Help! Facit 4042 PT Reader/Punch

>   Pulled this out of deep storage this past week but it seems to be dead.
Does anyone have any info on these? Specs, pinouts, general info, service
info, anything?

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 18 20:13:00 2003

Sergio,

   This one was completely dead so I've torn into it. I has two RS-232 interfaces. They're on the 2nd board from the bottom. Found a bad power switch and bad power lamp in this one. I don't know it everything is working properly but it at least makes noises now when I press various buttons. (An operator's manual would be handy about now!) It would interesting to have one with HP-IB interface! I'm thinking about putting this on the HP 1000 that I just got so HP-IB interface would be perfect. I've never even heard of a reader/punch with a HP-IB interface.

   I didn't find much on the net except re-sellers that want outragous prices for their's but I did find this <http://members.tripod.com/facit_facit/>.

   Joe

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 18 20:41:00 2003

I just finished putting this one back together. I can now punch holes and feed tape through the reader and punch (using the front panel controls) so I think it's all working now. But I'm not sure what most of the controls are supposed to do. Is there anyone familar with these that can help?

   Joe

---

From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 19 02:03:01 2003

I shall try to ask about it to the previous owner of the machine.
I think that I have the old messages that I've interchanged with him yet,
included the photos of how to dismount and mount the Paper Tape
Reader/Puncher.

Depending of the answers, we could even consider a module interchange ;-)
One HP-IB for one RS-232 board (but I don't think it would be so easy).

Thanks and Greetings
Best Regards
Sergio

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joe" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2003 11:39 PM
Subject: Re: Help! Facit 4042 PT Reader/Punch

>    I just finished putting this one back together. I can now punch holes
and feed tape through the reader and punch (using the front panel controls)
so I think it's all working now. But I'm not sure what most of the controls
are supposed to do. Is there anyone familar with these that can help?
> >   This one was completely dead so I've torn into it. I has two RS-232
interfaces. They're on the 2nd board from the bottom. Found a bad power
switch and bad power lamp in this one. I don't know it everything is working
properly but it at least makes noises now when I press various buttons. (An
operator's manual would be handy about now!) It would interesting to have
one with HP-IB interface! I'm thinking about putting this on the HP 1000
that I just got so HP-IB interface would be perfect. I've never even heard
of a reader/punch with a HP-IB interface.
> >
> >   I didn't find much on the net except re-sellers that want outragous
prices for their's but I did find this
<http://members.tripod.com/facit_facit/>.