Subject: Re: STAG Electronics Ganged Programmer

From: "Dwight K. Elvey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 19 13:39:00 2003

Hi
 When they change to newer models, they drop all
support for the older ones. Even DataI/O supports
some of the older ones for a while. But then, you
pay for that support( a bit steep for hobiest but
in reason for a company ).
 I have a Stag that I've always meant to play with
but I've just been to lazy. I have other programmers
that I can use.
Dwight

>From: Joe <[email-masked]>
>
>   I have a Stag 39M100 with one plug-in for programming EPROMs and another
>for programming embedded micro-processors. I found the docs for it on a
>site in France. Stag is utterly worthless when it comes to support. I'll
>never buy or recommend anything from them. Glen G has a bigger gang
>programmer and I think he has a real manual for it.
>
>     Joe
>
>At 07:29 PM 5/16/03 +0100, you wrote:
>>At 09:50 15/05/2003 +0100, Witchy wrote:
>>
>>>Made by STAG in 1984, it's got a model number of PP16A and features a socket
>>>for a cartridge containing the master EPROM and a module containing 16 EPROM
>>>sockets for new EPROMS, so obviously you feed it a master and it makes up to
>>>16 copies.
>>>
>>>Under the hood it's actually a 6809 based micro with 2K RAM and the board
>>>has holes ready for 2 COMM sockets, so does anyone remember these beasts?
>>>It'd be great if I could add on the serial ports and talk to it using a
>>>PeeCee for making ROM backups
>>
>>
>>I remember these being in use at Ferranti, when I was an apprentice there 
>>about 20 years ago .. (so age fits!)  AFAICR we only ever used them in 
>>stand-alone mode as a bulk copier.  They were also RENTED, from Livingston 
>>Hire, if I recall correctly, (certainly we used them a lot) so there may be 
>>a chance you can find some old docs from them.
>>
>>Rob