Subject: PDP-11 Freeware CDs for RSX-11 and RT-11 (Originally Produced by Tim Shoppa)

From: "Jerome H. Fine" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 18 11:43:01 2003

The last two times I posted this, another person contacted
me either for help or to request the CDs.  This will be the
last time for about 6 months unless more people reply.

In regard to the Freeware CDs for RSX-11 and RT-11
that Tim Shoppa originally produced:

I am in the middle of finishing a second (very small) batch
of CDs and could easily add a few additional copies.

I will be making all copies of the CD images from:
ftp://ftp.trailing-edge.com/pub/cd-images/
http://www.classiccmp.org/PDP-11/RT-11/
http://www.classiccmp.org/PDP-11/RSX-11/

Since not everyone has both a high speed internet connection
and a CD burner, I thought it would be helpful to make them
available.  If you have both requirements and are using
Windows 98 SE / Nero Burning, I can help with the details
if you don't know how to burn a CD from an "Image File".

I have even been able to produce a label for each
CD that is close to the original label from Tim Shoppa,
although since they were scanned (THANK  YOU
FOR  THE  HELP), they are not perfect.

They are available at $ 5 / $ 9 / $ 12 for 1 / 2 / 3 CDs.

In addition, I understand that Memorex Black CD-Rs have a
longer shelf life and are available at Business Depot.  If anyone
wants those instead, add $ 1 for each CD that you are
requesting.  Thus those amounts are $ 6 / $ 11 / $ 15

Please contact me directly for my snail mail address.

I picked up some Memorex Black CD-R blanks and started
on the copies for those who have already requested that a
Black CD-R be used.

Please include your mailing address!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In general, I will regard any funds you send as a gift so that if
anyone really can't afford the CDs, please state why that is so.

Outside of the US, probably about $ 2 should be sufficient
for extra postage.  All amounts are in US dollars.  Please ask
if you are not in the US.  No point in converting twice.

Sincerely yours,

Jerome Fine
--
If you attempted to send a reply and the original e-mail
address has been discontinued due a high volume of junk
e-mail, then the semi-permanent e-mail address can be
obtained by replacing the four characters preceding the
'at' with the four digits of the current year.

---

From: "William R. Buckley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 19 13:35:00 2003

Jerome:

Frankly, I would like to obtain these CD's but, my current
economic condition is such that I cannot now afford them,
and I really do not want to burden others.  The collapse of
the software industry has hit us all pretty hard, with those
of us in California experiencing a continuing downward trend.
When things pick-up, I expect to then place such an order.
In fact, at that time I may well be in the position to obtain
high=speed wireless access from a local provider, and can
then both make my own copies, and provide some mirroring to
the data.

As you will recall, I had earlier posted to the list questions
regarding requests I had made to Tim Shoppa which he had not
responded to, and so I wondered if Tim was still around and
working to provide the content you now provide.  I do feel for
you in that you have taken up the charge but, others seem not
to show interest.

So you know, my mailing address is

William R. Buckley
POBox 292728
Phelan CA  92329-2728

My preferred email address is

[email-masked]