Subject: Facit 4070 8 level Paper Tape Punch For Sale (Cambridge, UK)

From: Alan Bain <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 28 01:44:07 2003

As part of an imposed old-hardware clear out, and the decision
on the grounds of space to stick to 5 level tape for which I
have a reader and printer, I've got a Facit 4070 paper tape
punch for sale. In working order, complete with chad box.
Instructions on connecting to a parallel port may be found at
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~pmaydell/misc/cardpunch/dongle.htm

It's in Cambridge, UK and is heavy so would be expensive to post anywhere!

Offers, questions to me at <[email-masked]>

Alan Bain

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Mon Apr 28 17:33:01 2003

> punch for sale. In working order, complete with chad box.

You do realise that a 4070 will punch 5 level tape as well (in fact IIRC, 
the tape clamp spring will correctly hold 5, 6/7 or 8 level tape without 
adjustments). The only tape you can't do (without a replacement die 
assembly) is the typesetter tape.

No, I don't need another 4070 -- I've got 3 of them already. They are 
very nice punches, and easy to keep going, though

-tony