Subject: Fwd: Seeking good home(s) for old hardware [UK]

From: Brian Chase <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 16 15:22:00 2003

Here's something of possible interest to rightpondians.

-brian.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:23:51 +0000
>From: John Carlyle-Clarke <[email-masked]>
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers
Subject: Seeking good home(s) for old hardware

Can anyone provide any suggestions, flippant or otherwise, as to where
I might seek new homes for some old kit that has been cluttering my
attic for many years?  My wife is putting her foot down, and frankly I
am never going to do anything with it.  I am paring down my collection
of old computers and peripherals to a few that I will actually use,
and trying to find people who will actually use the others.

So I need homes for:

* SWTPC 6809 computer.  Main unit, disk unit inc. 8 1/2" Qume floppy
drive, Western digital harddisk controller but no HDD.  VDU/terminal
(not working).  Used to run Uniflex (but I don't have this, since the
hard disk crashed and there were no originals provided).  I have all
the hardware and software manuals.  I have seen this computer working
but it has been stored a long time.

* Remex paper tape reader/writer (works as far as I know, but I don't
have the cables for it).

* Diablo daisy wheel (have seen it working but about 17 years ago!)

It's a long shot, but somebody may be able to help.  I can provide
more details if anyone is interested.  Mail me at jpcc "at" bigfoot
"dot" com if you prefer.  I am in the UK.