Subject: In Focus Systems Macintosh II LCD panel box

From: Jules Richardson<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jun 9 08:13:01 2003

Hi,

Just came across a little 5x5x1" high metal box with the following connectors
on it:

  15-pin connector labelled "to computer"
  15-pin connector labelled "to monitor"
  15-pin high-density connector labelled "to LCD panel"
  connectors for "power in" and "power out"

It's badged as being made by In Focus Systems, "For Macintosh II" and model
"A-35C".

Before I just trace it inside to see what it does I thought I'd ask here about
it - maybe someone knows exactly what it is. Presumably some sort of frequency
convertor unit; any ideas what LCD panel connected to it and the specs of it? I
was hoping it would actually contain some sort of buffer memory inside (and
might come in handy for something else with a bit of hacking), but it seems
not. Chips inside are standard logic / timers, a couple of 8-pin "7660CPA"
chips (whatever those do), and analogue sections for R, G and B. Chip dates are
all within 1990.

May still prove useful for something one day anyway!

cheers

Jules

---

From: Geoff Reed <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jun 9 12:45:01 2003

InFocus systems makes projectors and also LCD display panels that sit on 
overhead projectors.  The box you have is what connected one of their LCD 
overhead projectors to a Mac-II (or newer) series machine @ 640x480 
resolution...