Subject: openvms... another question

From: "Jay West" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 08:58:00 2003

Ok, I know NOTHING about openVMS. However, this just came up...

A friend of a friend offered me what he says is a complete set of OpenVMS
media. No manuals, just the media.

Several questions:

>From what I understand, isn't there some type of hobbyist free license for
openvms? If so, not sure why I should grab the media from him if I can just
download it. Or is there a value to getting the media from him, as to it
giving me the ability to purchase a license transfer or something... in
short, is there a special reason getting "real" media is desirable?

Lastly... he said it runs on vax's and pdp's. Not sure if he knows what he's
talking about, so I'll ask here. Could this run on my 11/44?

Thanks for any enlightenment!

Jay West

---

From: Patrick Finnegan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 09:23:00 2003

> openvms? If so, not sure why I should grab the media from him if I can just

Yes.

> short, is there a special reason getting "real" media is desirable?

There's no official download site, you have to pay for a copy ($30 with
shipping) from Montagar.  Or you can find yourself a copy of the media and
use that with the hobbyist license.  The biggest reason I'd get a
second-hand copy is to get an earlier version of it.  The only version (if
they've finished making copies yet) available from Montagar is OpenVMS 7.3

> talking about, so I'll ask here. Could this run on my 11/44?

Nope.  VMS only runs on VAXen, Alphas, and (in the future perhaps)
Itaniums,  While earlier versions of VMS might fit in the memory space of
an 11/44, the instructions set is quit a bit more sparse (and quite a bit
different... including 16bit words on the PDP vs 32bit words on the VAX)
on the PDP than the VAX.  I've heard you can get some PDP software to run
on the VAX in 'emulation mode' (I think that was in the "Assembly Language
for the PDP-11 book I just got off of eBay), you most certainly can't go
the other way around... at least without a lot of work and a big pile of
crack to help with coming up with ideas :).

You can run a lot of different OS's on the PDP still, from RT-11, to
RSX-11, to even some versions of BSD.  Oh yes, and don't forget you can
run standalone things that don't require an OS, too.  That's why they put
those wonderful toggle switches on the front of the cPU :).  Now I just
wish I had a machine with some...

> Thanks for any enlightenment!

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS
Information Technology at Purdue
Research Computing and Storage
http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/

---

From: "Bob Lafleur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 09:39:12 2003

Jay.

There is a free hobbyist license for OpenVMS, but you can't download the
actual files from the web. You need to obtain actual media from
somewhere. So, you SHOULD grab this from your friend.

OpenVMS comes in two flavors: "VAX" and "Alpha". The "VAX" version runs
on VAX machines (MicroVAX II, 2000, 3100 series, bigger VAXen, etc), and
the "Alpha" version runs on Alpha boxes. No VMS will run on PDP's such
as an 11/44.

Hope this helps,

   - Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Jay West
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 9:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: openvms... another question

A friend of a friend offered me what he says is a complete set of
OpenVMS media. No manuals, just the media.

>From what I understand, isn't there some type of hobbyist free license 
openvms? If so, not sure why I should grab the media from him if I can
just download it. Or is there a value to getting the media from him, as
to it giving me the ability to purchase a license transfer or
something... in short, is there a special reason getting "real" media is
desirable?

Lastly... he said it runs on vax's and pdp's. Not sure if he knows what
he's talking about, so I'll ask here. Could this run on my 11/44?

Jay West

---

From: "Jay West" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 09:42:22 2003

Geeze... I KNEW I should have picked up that VAX 11/7xx when I was in IL a
few years ago with an empty cargo van *sigh* What was I thinking?? Someday
I'll find one :)

Jay

---

From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 09:55:00 2003

--- Patrick Finnegan <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Itaniums...

I have seen information that demonstrates that the future is now.  It's
not shipping, but it is real.

There was a contest (which I lost by several days :-(  ) to guess when
OpenVMS on Itanium would be up far enough to get a directory.  It was
months ago.  There has been additional progress since then.

> While earlier versions of VMS might fit in the memory space of
> an 11/44...

VMS 3.x will run in a couple of MB of RAM.  I've run up to 5.0 in 5MB,
but it wasn't pretty, and it only took a second user to thrash the
swapfile.  We routinely ran VMS 4.x on an 8MB 11/750 with several
dozen users with only occasional discomfort.

> ...the instruction set is quit a bit more sparse (and quite a bit

Not to mention the 4-level protection model on the VAX vs 2 levels 
on the PDP-11.

> I've heard you can get some PDP software to run on the VAX in
> 'emulation mode' 

Emulation mode is only available on certain VAX processors - mostly
in the 11/7xx line.  It is _not_ available in the MicroVAX line,
partially, I heard, because the engineering prototypes ran PDP-11
code faster than they ran VAX code.  It was put into the first few
models because of all the RSX-11 code they could steal when there
wasn't enough native code to get real work done in development.  The
"MCR" command is the (still working) vestigal invocation.  In the
old days, on the right processor, you could kick off an RSX-11 task
with "MCR <taskname>".  Now, it's just used to run (native-mode) system
utilities in SYS$SYSTEM (as in MCR AUTHORIZE or MCR SYSMAN).

> ...you most certainly can't go

Big pile of crack indeed!  You'd need enough to hallucinate that it was
working.  You want a challenge?  Port SIMH to the PDP-11.  That'd be
about the best way to do it (and I don't think SIMH is going to like
being on a 16-bit processor, no matter how much memory you have).

> Oh yes, and don't forget you can run standalone things that don't
> require an OS, too.  That's why they put those wonderful toggle
> switches on the front of the cPU :).  Now I just

So does he... the 11/44 has a single switch.  It, like so many PDP-11s,
uses "console-mode ODT" - you get a "@" prompt on the console terminal
and you type commands to enter words into core and execute code.  It
is useful enough to manually enter bootstraps, but there's nothing to
look at.  You need a pre-1980 PDP-11 to get blinkenlights (I'm still
hunting an affordable frontpanel for my 11/70...)

-ethan
The New Yahoo! Search - Faster. Easier. Bingo.
http://search.yahoo.com

---

From: Luis Gómez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 10:02:01 2003

I'm repairing an Enterprise 128. Has somebody experience repairing this computer?

I have other Enterprise 64 in perfect condition.

12v DC and 5v DC in board are ok
Eprom chip is ok (i exchanged it between two computer)

I have schematic but only og memory expansion, and i/o circuit, including Dave chip.

I need schematics of complete board.

Thanks

---

From: Kevin Handy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 10:20:48 2003

>media. No manuals, just the media.
The VMS manuals are online at dec^H^H^Hcompaq^H^H^H^H^H^HHP's
web site.

>short, is there a special reason getting "real" media is desirable?
The licenses are available for hobbyest use, but not the media.
You need to be a decus member to get them.
You need both, so grab them.

>talking about, so I'll ask here. Could this run on my 11/44?
VMS will NOT run on a PDP-11. At least not without massive changes
to the CPU (add all the VAX instructions, and remove the PDP-11 ones).

---

From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 10:25:25 2003

> media. No manuals, just the media.

Take it.  That having been said, what version and what media?  CD-ROM?

> Several questions:
> 
> From what I understand, isn't there some type of hobbyist free license
> for openvms?

Yes.  You have to join Encompass (formerly DECUS) to get access to the
license key generator which will let you build licenses PAKs (files with
magic numbers) with a one-year expiration date.  You'll need to renew
the PAKs every year.  See http://www.montagar.com/hobbyist/

> If so, not sure why I should grab the media from him if I can
> just download it.

The Hobbyist license does not provide for getting the media - you
must buy/borrow it on your own.  There are no legitimate download
sites for OpenVMS (and no illegitimate sites that I am aware of).

> Or is there a value to getting the media from him, as to it
> giving me the ability to purchase a license transfer or something... 

License transfer has nothing to do with the media.  I have a real,
filed and stamped VMS license from when I bought my VAX-11/725
in 1987.  At the time, it was worth something.  Now, it's only
commerical value (if any) would be as credit on an upgrade (if any).

> in short, is there a special reason getting "real" media is desirable?

It's easier than borrowing.

> he's talking about, so I'll ask here. Could this run on my 11/44?

Um... no.  With the 11/44, you can run 2BSD, RT-11, RSX, RSTS, probably
DOS, and, I'm sure, several other things, but not VMS.  You need a
VAX or Alpha processor to run that.

> Thanks for any enlightenment!

You're welcome.

-ethan

---

From: "Zane H. Healy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 10:32:25 2003

>Itaniums,  While earlier versions of VMS might fit in the memory space of

Actually there is no "in the future" about it, while it's not publically available, OpenVMS is *RUNNING* on the Itanium 2.  In fact one of the HP employee's just posted the news that they've succeeded in clustering an Alpha running 7.3 with an Itanium 2 system!  The limited public release, for developers, is still a ways away, but they've made good progress in the last few months since it first booted (plus I believe they're publicly demoing it in Europe at the moment).  More information, and a timetable should be on the HP OpenVMS site somewhere.

>RSX-11, to even some versions of BSD.  Oh yes, and don't forget you can

I've run RT-11 and XXDP (Diag's) on my /44.  Ideally I'd like to get it up and running with RSTS/E (an OS I think Jay would like), but I don't need to worry about that at the moment as don't have access to it (Oh, well, my /73 is configured better)

>wish I had a machine with some...

Um, I'm afraid a /44 doesn't have toggle switches, it has one of the plainest fronts of all of the Unibus systems (like the /84 and /94).

			Zane

-- 
--
| Zane H. Healy                    | UNIX Systems Administrator |
| [email-masked] (primary)    | OpenVMS Enthusiast         |
|                                  | Classic Computer Collector |
+----------------------------------+----------------------------+
|     Empire of the Petal Throne and Traveller Role Playing,    |
|          PDP-10 Emulation and Zane's Computer Museum.         |
|                http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/               |

---

From: Benjamin Gardiner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 10:35:38 2003

> Thanks for any enlightenment!
Hi Jay,

I don't know too much about OpenVMS still learning, which is the reason 
why I have installed it onto my vax.

Yes there is a free hobbyist program, and YES get the complete media 
kit, as the what the hobbyist program offers you is a small sample (they 
don't mind you copying these btw)

Though to be honest I don't think that it will run on the 11/44 
unfortunately.

Benjamin

-- 
one you lock the target
two you bait the line
three you slowly spread the net
and four you catch the man

Front 242 Headhunter

---

From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 10:38:36 2003

--- Jay West <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Geeze... I KNEW I should have picked up that VAX 11/7xx when I was in IL
> a few years ago with an empty cargo van *sigh* What was I thinking??
> Someday I'll find one :)

Did you see the recent posting?  Free 11/750 and 11/730 in Pittsburg.

I've sent an inquiry as to what's left.  I do not need another 11/750,
but I wouldn't mind the 11/730.

-ethan

---

From: "Jay West" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 11:04:00 2003

Zane wrote..
> I've run RT-11 and XXDP (Diag's) on my /44.  Ideally I'd like to get it up
and running with RSTS/E (an OS I think Jay would like), but I don't need to
worry about that at the moment as don't have access to it (Oh, well, my /73
is configured better)

I find RSTS (at first blush) a little obtuse. Maybe I haven't dug into it
enough. But RT-11 with TSX+? That I LOVE!

Jay West

---

From: Chad Fernandez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 12:11:00 2003

> media. No manuals, just the media.

Cool, I wish I had a friend like that!

> openvms?

Yes, there is a hobbiest program.  I've heard conflicting information on 
cost, though.  I think it may take a paid membership to Encompass/Decus.

> If so, not sure why I should grab the media from him if I can just
> download it.

You can't download it.

> talking about, so I'll ask here. Could this run on my 11/44?

No it's not for PDP's.  It's for Vax's and Alphas, but you need the 
correct version for the platform in question.  There's a Vax version and 
an Alpha version...... either way, I'd grab it from him, I were you :-)

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA

---

From: "Antonio Carlini" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 12:45:00 2003

> A friend of a friend offered me what he says is a complete 
> set of OpenVMS media. No manuals, just the media.

For free as in beer?

> >for

Yes there is. See http://www.montagar.com/dfwcug/VMS_html/

>If so, not sure why I should grab the media from him 
> if I can just download it. Or is there a value to getting the 
> media from him, as to it giving me the ability to purchase a 
> license transfer or something... in short, is there a special 
> reason getting "real" media is desirable?

You are allowed to get the media any way you like. Someone can
give it to you, you can copy someone's distribution or you
can order it from the above people (for some reasonable cost).
Or you can order it from HP for commercial rates :-)
Just about the only thing you cannot do is offer them for
public download (and hence you should not be able to find them
this way).

> Lastly... he said it runs on vax's and pdp's. Not sure if he 
> knows what he's talking about, so I'll ask here. Could this 
> run on my 11/44?

No. It will run on either your VAXen or your Alphas (or both,
if you get both sets of distributions). Note that the
CONDIST (consolidated distribution?) contains the OS and
a few integrated products (clustering, networking etc.).
This is one or two CDs for VAX and the same for Alpha
(there is a separate CONDIST for each).

The layered products are on the CONOLD (I forget what
that stands for). That used to be a set of 11 CDs for
VAX issued quarterly. That's probably down to 6 or less
by now. There is a corresponding Alpha CONOLD but I
have no idea how many CDs that is.

Given that he thinks it runs on PDPs, you should make
sure that you know exactly which CDs you are getting;
especially if any form of consideration is changing
hands. They should be fairly clearly marked (VAX or
Alpha, "Binary" or "Software Product Library" and
they should also indicate a month/year and
CD number if the set. 

Antonio
 
-- 

---------------
Antonio Carlini             [email-masked]

---

From: "Antonio Carlini" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 16:00:01 2003

> Geeze... I KNEW I should have picked up that VAX 11/7xx when 
> I was in IL a few years ago with an empty cargo van *sigh* 
> What was I thinking?? Someday I'll find one :)

There's a VAX-11/780 on ebay right now - somewhat expensive
for an AS-IS ...
 
-- 

---------------

---

From: Andreas Freiherr <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 16:57:20 2003

Jay,

you didn't see a lot of messages from me recently because I am pretty 
busy with my job, which is OpenVMS support, mostly for European sites of 
the company I am working for.

I don't think you can download everything that is on "official" VMS 
media. Even if you could, you would need some bandwidth and/or time: the 
VMS kit V7.2-1 (granted, my copy is for Alpha, not for VAX processors) 
is one CD for the O/S, another for the firmware (which would not be 
required for a VAX), one for documentation, and two for layered products.

There is a separate kit, called the "Software Products Library" and 
"Online Documentation Library", which consists of 18 (eighteen!) CDs. If 
that's what you were offered, you'll certainly prefer pickup over download.

As the "documentation" in the kit or CD descriptions implies, you may 
not need manuals after you have the CDs.

And, definitely no, VMS does not run on PDPs. You can currently buy it 
for VAX or Alpha architectures (the latter now also being on-topic), and 
a port to Itanium is on its way (first booted in last January). VMS 
does, however, have a design that is based on and closely related to 
RSX-11M, an operating system for PDP-11s.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Andreas

--
Andreas Freiherr
Vishay Semiconductor GmbH, Heilbronn, Germany
http://www.vishay.com

---

From: "Thompson Family" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 17:44:00 2003

take me off this fucking list

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Andreas Freiherr" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 11:14 AM
Subject: Re: openvms... another question

> > A friend of a friend offered me what he says is a complete set of
OpenVMS
for
> > openvms? If so, not sure why I should grab the media from him if I can
just
> > Lastly... he said it runs on vax's and pdp's. Not sure if he knows what
he's

---

From: "Thompson Family" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 17:47:15 2003

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Wed May 21 18:06:07 2003

> I'm repairing an Enterprise 128. Has somebody experience repairing this computer?

Not much. You've checked the obvious (PSU lines), now for the 
second-most-obvious -- is the CPU being clocked, and are the address and 
data lines changing? What about the Reset/ pin?

> I need schematics of complete board.

I probably hav the Enterprise schematics, but I have no idea where I put 
them... If you get no other replies I will see if I can find them

-tony

---

From: Brian Chase <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 18:16:17 2003

> take me off this fucking list

Wow, you must really hate OpenVMS!  The unsubscribe info and other list
relevant info are included in the headers of all the messages posted
to the list:

| List-Unsubscribe: <http://www.classiccmp.org/mailman/listinfo/cctalk>,
|         <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe>

You can get off the list by either using the URL above, or by sending
mail to [email-masked] address with "unsubscribe" as the
subject line.

-brian.

---

From: "Jay West" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 18:19:17 2003

I removed this person from BOTH lists. However, I just have to comment... I
find it rather incredulous that this person was smart enough to figure out
how to subscribe to not one, but BOTH views of this list, yet couldn't
figure out how to unsubscribe. Even moreso, they must have missed the clear
indications on the website of who to contact for such stuff. And I guess
they couldn't see the headers on every email they get that says how to
unsubscribe... etc. etc.. GRRRR

Grumpy List Admin

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Thompson Family" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 5:43 PM
Subject: Re: openvms... another question

> take me off this f-----g list

---

From: "Bruce Lane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 18:22:17 2003

If you would take the time to RTFM, you would know how to unsubscribe yourself!

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR  ***********

>> Thanks for any enlightenment!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
ARS KC7GR (Formerly WD6EOS) since 12-77 -- [email-masked]
"I'll get a life when someone demonstrates that it would be superior
to what I have now..." (Taki Kogoma, aka Gym Z. Quirk)

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 19:26:00 2003

> unsubscribe... etc. etc.. GRRRR

He might've been slightly mental.  His behavior was certainly erratic
enough.

For that matter, I may well be too :)

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *

---

From: Jesse Kempf <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 19:33:00 2003

> For that matter, I may well be too :)

Yes, if by "erratic" you mean ignorant and annoying... =)
There's eccentric...and then...there's that guy.

Cheers,
Jesse Kempf
ECSE Network Administrator
RPIMUG Campus Liason
RPI Electronics Club Project Coordinator
EE, RPI Class of '06

Goto, n.:
         A programming tool that exists to allow structured programmers
         to complain about unstructured programmers.
                 -- Ray Simard

---

From: "Stuart Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 20:00:01 2003

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Thompson Family" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 5:43 PM
Subject: Re: openvms... another question

> take me off this fucking list
Jay West
<SNIP>

What's the matter, headers got you stumped?

Don't let the "door" hit you in the ass on the way out! 

Stuart Johnson

---

From: "Fred Cisin (XenoSoft)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 20:10:00 2003

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Brian Chase wrote:
> Wow, you must really hate OpenVMS!

Does he know that Open VMS can be used for things other than BBS?

---

From: Mike Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu May 22 00:49:00 2003

Nothing so fun as moving, you get to find your stuff all over again.

Part of my current no sane reason to have it, are about 400 boxes of NOS 
replacement parts, mostly Apple, mostly useless like 13" RGB main boards. A 
few look interesting, ie I found a couple of new in the bag Sony model 
OA-D34V-22 floppy drives. Anybody know what these go in, I am thinking just 
the 128k, but one of the web hits says Lisa 2.

Anybody have ideas on what I should do with the old small monitor parts? (I 
live in Socal).

---

From: "Wayne M. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu May 22 01:53:00 2003

> the 128k, but one of the web hits says Lisa 2.

It's the FDD for the Lisa 2 and the 128K.  The one in one of my Lisas is
a pull from a dead 128K and the other is OEM - both are the same as your
model.

-W

---

From: Mark Tapley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu May 22 09:54:00 2003

>Does he know that Open VMS can be used for things other than BBS?

Generally agreed, except for the possibility that someone else was 
posting using his account (ie he left his email machine accessible to 
an even younger sibling, or some such. I note the plain-text 
equivalent, "Thompson *Family* (emphasis added)). That post shows 
even less consideration than his normal posts, imho. But if that was 
actually him, I can't say I regret the loss.
							- Mark

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri May 23 20:52:20 2003

Don't forget the idiotic messages they've been leaving on here.

Peace...  Sridhar

---

From: "Witchy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 23 20:52:59 2003

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of Luis Gómez
> Sent: 21 May 2003 15:25
> Subject: Enterprise 64 and 128
>
>

Dammit, I've got a ton of Enterprise stuff including factory machinery and
technical documentation as well as unused or returned machines, but out of
all that the one thing I haven't got is a full schematic. The people who
were at Enterprise (or Elan, or Flan or whoever :) I've contacted don't seem
to want to talk about their creation, which is a bloody shame. Then again
times were hard back then, and people were being screwed over on a regular
basis so I can understand, sort of.

Doesn't help me get my prototype hard drive interfaces working though, does
it :o)

Luis, if you need anything from the technical docs I can scan or (hopefully)
photocopy, but it's purely words and no pictures.....

cheers

--
adrian/witchy
www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk - the online computer museum
www.snakebiteandblack.co.uk - monthly gothic shenanigans

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri May 23 20:53:40 2003

Take it easy and RTFM.

Peace...  Sridhar

---

From: Luis Gómez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 26 09:23:00 2003

Is there a service manual for Enterprise 64/128?

Somebody know if is usual problems with Dave and/or Nick?

In my Enterprise 128 i know the problem is not with CPU Z80, BIOS, memory expansion, data bus, address bus, power ...

I'm now checking the first 64Kb, but if this memory is ok i don't know how can i check if the problem is with custom chips.

Another question. Do you know if there is some kind of jumper to set memory to 64Kb or 128Kb?

Thanks

-----Mensaje original-----
De: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]En
nombre de Witchy
Enviado el: jueves, 22 de mayo de 2003 1:21
Para: [email-masked]
Asunto: RE: Enterprise 64 and 128

cheers

---

From: "Witchy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue May 27 07:06:38 2003

> Sent: 26 May 2003 15:21
> Subject: RE: Enterprise 64 and 128
>
>

I don't think enough were sold to give anyone any time to write one :o)
Seems like all the docs I've got here are already on the Enterprise
Repository along with your (I assume it's you) ROM images.

If I ever get a ROM reader (and the ROMs have survived) I can add a few more
like BASIC 2.1, LISP, ASMON, EXOS V2 and V2.1 and a couple of intriguing
ones - HARDDISK V1.1A and EXDOS-CPM.

> Somebody know if is usual problems with Dave and/or Nick?

To be honest I've never come across a dead one, and so far I've come across
7 or 8 of them. What's it not doing?

> set memory to 64Kb or 128Kb?

I doubt it - weren't they 2 different boards?

cheers