Subject: "The Art of Electronics" - edition differences?

From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 20 09:50:01 2003

To those that have "The Art of Electronics", is there much difference
between the first and second editions?  Is one "preferable" to the 
other for those of us with Classic interests?  Did they take anything
we would find useful out in the editing process?

-ethan

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Thu Mar 20 18:32:23 2003

> between the first and second editions?  Is one "preferable" to the 

I have both...

The 2nd edition has several new sections -- on micropower designs, on 
SMPSUs, and so on. For classic-computer people it even includes a 
schematic of the Tandy 2000 PSU...

There was very little taken out IMHO. The main change was in the 
microprocessor sections -- the 1st edtiion was based on 8-bit chips (I 
forget which one -- 8085? Z80?), the 2nd edtion is based on the 8086/8088 
(and the lab manual covers the 68008)

-tony