Subject: Best way to Sell Old, Used Software and SW/dev Books w/little Collectible Value?

From: "Don Wallace" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jul 27 21:34:00 2003

Hi, 

My first time posting here - apologies if I should have RTFM first on
this topic.

I have a mountain of dated (late 80s - early 90s vintage) and probably
non-collectible software packages and books that it seems to me would
be a waste to consign to a landfill.

I mean stuff like:

Clipper 5.2
Corel Draw (Win 3.1) Version 4
Quattro Pro for DOS
Ami Pro for Win 3.1
Star Trek Screen Saver (ca. 1992)
Borland C++ 3.1 for Windows and DOS with Application Frameworks

Books such as "advanced c-struct programming" (OOP on C), Peter
Norton's "Inside OS/2", Alan Holub's "Compiler Design in C", several
different DOS and BIOS interrupt references, a book on device drivers
for DOS (yechhh!)...

When I think of all the money I squandered on this cr$p in past years
so I could stay in place with idiot employers and not even advance, I
want to go GAAAAH! 

I *also* want, if possible, to make a buck or two off the lot or
individually, and remove it from my view and from my basement. The
Rubbermaid containers it's in are probably worth much more than this
stuff is worth. Maybe.

I doubt that most of this stuff is even worth paying the advertising
fee on Ebay, and there's a LOT of it. 

Maybe the thing to do would be to advertise a few of the "better"
pieces (like the Holub book) on Ebay, and in that ad on Ebay link to
"other articles for sale". Just to generate traffic from the Ebay
placement.

Ideas? Know of any brokers that would take the entire lot? 

Or, know of any Luddite communities that eschew sinful protected mode
OSs in favor of simple, uncomplicated DOS and 286 level software that
penalizes the sinful user with random lockups? :-) OK, that was
reaching...

Thanks!

---

From: "TeoZ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jul 27 21:53:00 2003

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Don Wallace" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2003 10:29 PM
Subject: Best way to Sell Old, Used Software and SW/dev Books w/little
Collectible Value?

---

From: Mike Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 31 04:14:00 2003

>Borland C++ 3.1 for Windows and DOS with Application Frameworks

Nothing beats making a complete list of what you have, and giving your 
general location in hopes of a local sale.

---

From: "TeoZ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 31 04:43:00 2003

Why do I get the feeling this guy was just posting to harvest valid emails?

Hope I am wrong

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Mike Ford" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 4:56 AM
Subject: Re: Best way to Sell Old, Used Software and SW/dev Books w/little
Collectible Value?