Subject: [Fwd: Fw: [TRS-80] Fw: Ed Juge, RIP] (fwd)

From: Gene Buckle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 2 09:40:01 2003

This may be of interest....unfortunately.

g.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 06:24:50 -0500
From: Bob Klahn <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Fwd: Fw: [TRS-80] Fw: Ed Juge, RIP]

Just got this msg today. Didn't check yesterday.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fustanella" <[email-masked]>
Newsgroups: comp.sys.tandy
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2003 11:06 AM
Subject: Ed Juge, RIP

 > It is with great sadness, all the more on a day known for its
pranks,
 > that I must pass on from a friend that Ed Juge passed away today.
He had
 > been battling a brain tumor for several months.
 >
 > Ed was one of those unique individuals who was instantly liked by
anyone
 > who came in contact with him. He was a friend and a mentor to many
 > people, whether they knew him or not - his work with Tandy and the
 > TRS-80s, and his TANDYPRO Forum on CompuServe, helped bring
personal
 > computing to the masses in the Seventies and early Eighties. When
his
 > passion transferred to his later interest of RVing, he helped many
enjoy
 > the road all the more.
 >
 > Friends and former co-workers of his plan to hold a 'Virtual Wake'
on
 > Wednesday, April 2 at 9.00pm ET, 6.00pm PT. Anyone and everyone is
 > welcome to drop by and pay their online respects, share stories,
and
 > perhaps a toast or two. It's being held on the RV Forum on
CompuServe
 > (http://go.compuserve.com/rv - free to all, not just CS members),
chat
 > room 1 (Virtual Campfire).
 >

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-->
Get 128 Bit SSL Encryption!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/xaxhjB/hdqFAA/VygGAA/CFFolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Using an emulator? Please join!

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

-- 
Bob Klahn
[email-masked]           http://home.toltbbs.com/bobklahn

---

From: Jeffrey Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 2 16:18:01 2003

On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, Gene Buckle wrote:
>
> Subject: Re: [Fwd: Fw: [TRS-80] Fw: Ed Juge, RIP] (fwd)
                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^

> This may be of interest....unfortunately.

Yeah -- as an example of how NOT to write a message subject.

-- 
Jeffrey Sharp

---

From: Gene Buckle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 2 17:03:01 2003

> > Subject: Re: [Fwd: Fw: [TRS-80] Fw: Ed Juge, RIP] (fwd)

Hey, don't shoot the messenger - I forwarded the message as I got it from
the TRS-80 list.  If you don't like the subject line, take it up with
Thanatos and the guy that posted the message.

g.

---

From: Jeffrey Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 2 17:22:00 2003

On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, Gene Buckle wrote:
> Hey, don't shoot the messenger

BTW, just to clarify, my comment *was* an attempt at humor. :-)

-- 
Jeffrey Sharp

---

From: Gene Buckle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 2 17:46:00 2003

> BTW, just to clarify, my comment *was* an attempt at humor. :-)
Oh.  *sheepish grin*

g.

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Apr 3 10:25:00 2003

> BTW, just to clarify, my comment *was* an attempt at humor. :-)

The subject header at this point looks like a Lisp program (or some TRS-80
lover's Geek Code).

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *