Subject: replacement for TIL311 display

From: "Randy Gill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 30 00:58:19 2003

Hello;

I just noticed your e-mail on the web. I wanted to inform you that Innocor
manufactures a direct, drop-in replacement for the TIL311 (INL0397-1)
featuring less power, brighter LEDs, lower cost and higher reliability.

Pls find the link to our datasheet.

If you have any requirements, pls let me know.

Regards;

Randy

http://www.innocor.com/documents/inl0397_v2_iss2.pdf

*******************************************

Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 17:00:23
To: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
From: Joe <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: Re: substitute for TI TIL306/307 Display?
Reply-To: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

At 06:01 PM 1/1/03 -0600, you wrote:
>On Wed, 1 Jan 2003, Joe wrote:
>> At 10:51 PM 12/31/02 -0600, you wrote:
>> >On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Joe wrote:
>> >
>> > > Does anyone know of another display that can be substituted for the
>> > > TIL 306/307? Here is a data sheet for the 306/307 in case you have a
>> > > question about it, <www.alltronics.com/download/TIL306.pdf>.
>> >
>> > I don't know of an exact replacement offhand, but I thought these were
>> > still in production?
>>
>> Are they? I think mine are about 25 years old.  FWIW I went looking for
>> some at a large local surplus store and found one that I think is
>> prototype. It's built out of clear material instead of red and is marked
>> TIXL306 and is date coded 7204 (almost 31 years old!).  I went through
>> several boxs and THOUSANDs of displays and only found one standard 306
>> and the one prototype.
>>
>> > How many of these displays are you looking for? I believe I still have
>> > a few in my parts bin...
>>
>> In addition to the one that I found in the store I need three of them.
>> Mine were in sockets and the dissimilar metal corrosion has eaten off at
>> least one leg off of each of mine.
>
>Oops, I have TIL311s, not the 306. I was thinking that the 311s were still
>in production. I guess the 311 with a built-in BCD controller must still
>be useful in current products.

   The 306/307s also have built in BCD decoders. I've been trying to find a
data sheet on the 311 so that I can see what the difference is between it
and the 306/307.

********************