Subject: Re: Collectors worldwide, UNITE!

From: "Steve Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jun 2 17:49:00 2003

J.C. Wren wrote:
.
> What kind of machine could one possibly not admit to owning?  That's
> seems pretty wierd.

I can imagine such a circumstance. Wasn't an Enigma device stolen
from a museum or collection not too long ago? Weren't the US$10,000+
sales of some Apple I's widely publicized?

Some folks might not want to play the odds when publishing their
holdings, if they're lucky enough to have some truly rare objects.

--Steve.

smj(at)spamfree.crash.com   (lose spamfree to get through, m'kay?)

---

From: "Fred Cisin (XenoSoft)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jun 2 18:36:00 2003

> What kind of machine could one possibly not admit to owning? 

A Packard Bell?
An e-machine?
A Dell?

---

From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jun 2 21:47:00 2003

> > What kind of machine could one possibly not admit to owning? 

A Gateway 2000?

Or... (he says, ducking for cover)...

(for the rabid Commodore fanatics)

An Atari?

(for the rabid Atari fanatics)

A Commodore PET/VIC/64/Amiga/etc?

(for the rabid Macintosh fanatics)

Anything but a Mac?

(for the rabid DOS fanatics)

Anything with sound.  And color.  And enough RAM.  And...

-ethan