Subject: Documentation/Software needed for Yarc Boards

From: "Bernd Kopriva" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 17 10:01:00 2003

Some time ago i requested documentation and/or software for my yarc boards ...
... unfortunately, i made no real step forward until now ...

The first board is a quad transputer board, according to a whitepaper, i got from
Ram Meenakshisundaram, which identifies the board as the "Yarc ProTran".
The board should run Inmos B004 software, but i had no success, maybe one of
the numerous jumpers is placed wrong ...

The second board is named Yarc sprinter, it contains an AMD 29000 processor ...
i found a reference to MiniMon29K, but a request to AMD was not successful, they
redirected me to Embedded Performance Inc, which support the AMD 29K family,
but the request was not answered ...

I tried to contact Trevor Marshall, but got no response too ...

... it would be nice to get those boards up and running, so any hint would be very helpful !

Thanks
Bernd

Bernd Kopriva                     Tel: 07195 / 179452
Weilerstr. 24                        E-Mail : [email-masked]
71397 Leutenbach

---

From: Mike Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 18 18:17:01 2003

>... unfortunately, i made no real step forward until now ...

These boards were IIRC used in print shops as high speed raster generation 
(from images or postscript files), so I am betting the best chance on 
software is going to be via some printer support area (where ever it is 
that printer guys hang out and ask questions of each other). Doing anything 
other than raster generation with them I suspect will be a challenge.