Subject: Numbers of systems available

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 9 14:51:01 2003

I took Doug's advice and called Tom Fischer who took over IMSAI's
operations when they went bankrupt.

The number of IMSAI's produced is as follows:

"According to a July 2002 e-mail from the IMSAI 8080 creator Joe Killian,
"I remember passing the 17,000 mark.  I believe it never went past 20,000"
[between December of 1975 and September 1979].  Fischer-Freitas Company
produced another 2100+ machines between November 1979 and June 1986.
These machines can be identified by the Fischer-Freitas Company back panel
label."

This is right on the front page of imsai.net.  More detailed information
can be found here:

http://www.imsai.net/history/imsai_history/imsai_pre_history.htm

These numbers are not broken down by front panel vs. turnkey system, so
it's still not readily known what the split was in terms of those counts.

IMSAI also sold a number of other machines.  Here's a nice summary (still
being edited by Tom so some inaccuracies exist):

http://www.imsai.net/support/imsai_systems.htm

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *

---

From: Robert Borsuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Apr 13 20:27:00 2003

Hey all,
	I'm cleaning out some closets around the house and I have the 
following available. Everything is at best offer and must go. Wife is 
nagging about the house.  Here's the stuff (Some classic - some not so 
classic)

SGI - Onyx boards
IO4 (030-0646-105) - w/ vcam also SCSI differential, IOADAPT, and SCSI 
SE
Power board - (030-0263-004)
MC3 memory board (030-0613-006) with 8 sticks of memory.
Two - drive trays with Seagate ST15230WD drives on them

Cubix ERS-II System (Take all or parts)(Great info is on the Cubix web 
site)
Chassis with power supply and covers.
Single Board 486 - BC4035A
Single Board Pentium - BC5133

Paypal is proudly accepted. If your in Michigan you can pick up (or I 
can ship). This is the newer stuff. I have some classic stuff that will 
come out the more I clean. Please respond to me off list.
Thanks
Rob