Subject: ST Falcon Goes high on eBay

From: "Keys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun May 4 23:44:00 2003

This ST Falcon goes for over $300.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewitem&item=2725518828

---

From: "Dwight K. Elvey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 12 12:04:00 2003

>From: "Hills, Paul" <[email-masked]>
>
>That's a lot - it's not really a vintage machine, nor a particularly rare
>one. I still use mine as a MC56000 Digital Signal Processing (DSP) testbed.
>At the time, the £500 I paid for it was a quarter of what I would have had
>to pay to get a DSP experimentation card for a PC, and since I didn't have a
>PC at the time it was a bargain.
>
>In addition to that, I wrote a series of articles about DSP for the ST
>Format magazine in the UK, for which they paid me £500, recompensing the
>computer's cost! Ha!
>
>paul
>

Hi
 For my DSP experiments, I got one of those "SoftModems".
It had a A/D-D/A, ADSP2100 Analog Devices DSP and RAM to load
the programs into. It only cost me $75 when new.
Dwight