Subject: Mimic 8080

From: Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 11 16:22:01 2003

Does anyone know anything about the mimic 8080?

These are the only pictures I've found so far.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1247&item=3411844327&rd=1

This site  ( http://www.bink.org/Portfolio/MIMIC.htm ) give some details 
about what they did.

"when electronics products were specifically designed for their intended 
functions, and features were typically hardwired, all the MIMICs shared the 
same underlying, programmable, microprocessor based, mutable system of 
boards, varied only in their configuration and firmware."

But there are no pictures or specs

---

From: "SPC" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 11 17:11:00 2003

Hi everybody !

Maybe somebody could have some interest in this two auctions:

http://cgi.es.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3411899424&category=12
47
http://cgi.es.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1247&item=34118994
43

Good luck to the winner. This is one of the computers that I should like to
have in
my collection one day (somebody has one of this left  in Europe ?)

Thanks and Greetings
Best Regards
Sergio

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 11 17:30:01 2003

The seller is Craig and he's a frequent lurker on the list. He often has interesting HP stuff.

    Joe