Subject: RE: HP 9121

From: "Davison, Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 11 00:50:00 2003

> These drives are notorious for having broken mounts at
> the heads.

The only damage is a crack in the back of the case top
where someone planted his/her size 12 boot on it.

Everything else is intact, even the cageless fan.

Cheers,
	Lee.

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Wed Jun 11 18:34:43 2003

> Everything else is intact, even the cageless fan.

That's a somewhat strange fan, BTW. It's a capacitor-run AC motor that 
runs off the xecondary of the power transformer. The run capacitor is on 
the main PCB, near the fan connector. That's why it's got 3 wires....

-tony