Subject: Decdocs.org Site and contents

From: Sergio Pedraja Cabo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jul 23 05:24:01 2003

Hi. What happened finally with this website and its contents ?
I offered to support it, but somebody in the USA had interest too
and I leave to pass the matter.

Greetings

Sergio

---

From: Paul Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jul 27 13:27:00 2003

> and I leave to pass the matter.

Most of the documents on decdocs.org came from the DEC MDS CDs of 
December 1994, donated by Tim Shoppa. At least two sites are now 
mirroring these:

- http://www.purdueriots.com/ (Patrick Finnegan)
- http://cmcnabb.cc.vt.edu/dec94mds/ (Christopher McNabb)

(I see that Benjamin Gardiner's mirror has now disappeared, for 
bandwidth reasons.)

AFAICS, there were eight documents on decdocs.org that are not available 
elsewhere, the last five of which are brochures:

EK-1000B-PG.002 "DEC 10000 AXP, VAX 10000 Operations Manual"
EK-410AB-MG.C01 "DSSI VMScluster Installation and Troubleshooting Guide"
EK-D4AXP-TS.B01 "Alpha AXP DSSI VMScluster Installation and 
Troubleshooting Guide"
EA 17957 18/79 "The 11/23s: Microcomputers with Mid-Range Mini Performance"
"PDP-11 Software Bulletin: BATCH-11"
"RSTS-11: PDP-11 Resource Timesharing System"
"PDP-11 Software Bulletin: MACRO-11"
ED-25610-47/83 "MicroVAX I: 32-bit Microcomputer"

I've had a quick look at the Wayback Machine <http://www.archive.org/> 
and some of these have been archived there. Grab them while you can!

- Paul

---

From: Benjamin Gardiner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 28 05:39:01 2003

> (I see that Benjamin Gardiner's mirror has now disappeared, for 
Actually its still there, but I moved it a little :) I was having issues 
with bandwidth, but if you do want them you can get them at

http://www.carnagevisors.net/asd000_classic_comp/dec94mds/

Benjamin

-- 
one you lock the target
two you bait the line
three you slowly spread the net
and four you catch the man

Front 242 Headhunter

---

From: Benjamin Gardiner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jul 29 02:30:01 2003

>> (I see that Benjamin Gardiner's mirror has now disappeared, for 
Just a quick note to tell you all that these documents are now back at 
their original place which is:

http://www.carnagevisors.net/classiccmp/dec94mds/

hopefully I won't get hammered too much again.

Front 242 Headhunter