Subject: Re: Can anyone tellme why a Name plate goes for over $135

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun May 18 15:43:00 2003

>This Apple II name plate sold for over $135
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2729182422

Didn't you read the auction... it sold for that high because it is "Super 
Rare". Now, if it was a name plate with the case still attached, that 
isn't so rare... but to find just the name place sans case in the wild... 
wow!

I hope my sarcasm isn't too strong. I'd maybe do a better job of making 
it clear, but I'm a little busy with my pocket knife trying to pry the 
name plates off some of my Apple II gear!

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: Chad Fernandez <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 19 01:48:00 2003

> isn't so rare... but to find just the name place sans case in the wild... 

Actually, it probably was rare.  If you read the auction it stated the 
badge was unused.  I wouldn't buy it, but then I'm not a big time Apple 
// collector.

I believe that "Bigmike30" is the guy that bought my Apple // stickers 
from me.  They were still in the bag with the staple holding it closed. 
  He also bought the almost new floppy drive that I had.  It was "used" 
only in the respect that I basically tested it, and then left it out of 
the box for awhile.  He's a serious Apple // collector and asked 
specific questions before bidding on both of my auctions.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA