Subject: RE: HP1350 Graphics Translators

From: "Davison, Lee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jun 15 11:16:00 2003

> (Let's see, I have the 1350, a DEC GT40, and a Vectres
> (yes, I know I don't like video games, but this thing
> has a vector display and a 68A09 processor, so it's worth
> getting ;-))).

Of things vector display ish ..

One full sized and one 'baby' Atari BattleZone with two
extra board sets. (That's where Big Brother got their rumble
sound effect BTW.) One Asteroids board (works ok on a Philips
scope) and most of a Tail Gunner (no case, no controls and
the sound board is wrecked).

One day they'll all work.

Lee.

________________________________________________________________________
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The
service is powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive
anti-virus service working around the clock, around the globe, visit:
http://www.star.net.uk
________________________________________________________________________

---

From: "Peter Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jun 16 10:45:01 2003

Hi All,

Thanks for the info on programming the 1350.  I picked up another one of 
these HP vector displays, a type 1347 (I think), at a surplus store.  It 
sounds pretty similar to the 1350 except that the display tube is built in 
to the device.

I think that  HP used these displays in quite a few of their spectrum 
analyser instruments to generate the fancy displays that are required for 
frequency domain analysis.

The 1347 was available in either free-standing cased form or as an open cage 
that could be integreted into third party instruments.  3 BNC connections on 
the rear panel allow you to drive an external XYZ display if you need to.

I'll have a try drawing some pictures using the programming information that 
has been posted and let you all know if the commands are the same.

Cheers

Peter

_________________________________________________________________
Get Hotmail on your mobile phone http://www.msn.co.uk/msnmobile