Subject: RE: Where have all the Selectrics gone?

From: "Mike Ross" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue May 27 15:56:00 2003

Subject: RE: Where have all the Selectrics gone?
Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 00:36:49 -0400
Reply-To: [email-masked]

>Are these based on a Selectric?
>http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=206563&convertTo=USD

Yes!!!! Exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Good catch! You can tell 
they're the 'I/O Selectric' by the extra-deep chassis, compared with a 
standard Selectric typewriter... no idea what interface they might be, but 
what the hell...

Guess it's a bid on all 35 of them, or none at all... anyone else in with me 
for some?

Mike
http://www.corestore.org

---

From: "Patrick Rigney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue May 27 17:17:00 2003

> Yes!!!! Exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Good catch!

Has anyone done the math here, just for a laugh?  There are quantity 33 at
an acquisition value of $1,074,150.  That means these have a per-unit
acquisition value of $32,550 each.  Our tax dollars at work!  I'm typing
this from floor; I haven't quite recovered enough strength to make it back
into my chair. ;-) --Patrick