Subject: Re: Souping up Classic Macs: was Reading various format 5.25" floppies on a PC

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed Jun 18 14:46:01 2003

In a message dated 6/18/2003 3:39:12 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

<< Fastest NUBUS video card I know of is the Radius Thunder IV 1600, good luck
 finding one. Alot of that speed is from the built in DSP chips that
 accelerate photoshop. I have the plain supermac thunder IV without the DSP
 addon board and its not faster then the built in video on my Q950 for normal
 video (the built in video doesnt use the nubus bus so its faster then just
 about any addon board for normal video)
 
 The fastest 68k upgrade to a nubus non PPC mac would be a Rocket 68040/40
 (or maybe a 50) nubus card. >>

I have a Rocket card but never got it to work properly. I lucked out and was 
able to download drivers for it, but the system would get flakey after the 
rocket sound effect played.

---

From: "TeoZ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 18 15:03:00 2003

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 3:41 PM
Subject: Re: Souping up Classic Macs: was Reading various format 5.25"
floppies on a PC

> rocket sound effect played.

http://www.lowendmac.com/radius/rocket.shtml

Have you checked this article out?