Subject: Couple Great Finds Today art Auction

From: "Keys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 4 17:41:01 2003

I was able to pick up a copy of Windows 1.0 in the box for $2.50 and got a
Tomy OMNIBOT 2000 for $7.50. Also got Videcom terminal without the keyboard.
:-(

---

From: Jeffrey Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 4 20:11:00 2003

On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, Keys wrote:
> got a Tomy OMNIBOT 2000 for $7.50.

Drool! I won a regular Omnibot at a grocery store raffle in the rural town
where I grew up. I was quite young, but I had a lot of fun with it. I
believe it is still in my parents' attic.

The coolest thing I ever did with my Omnibot was use it to serve candy to
visitors on Halloween. The little tray it came with worked very nicely. I
hid in a closet with the door cracked open just enough to have a good view
of the area. You could key up and speak into the Omnibot remote control, and
the sound would come out of a speaker on the robot. It scared the youngest
trick-or-treaters half to death! It wasn't much smaller than them. They'd
run off screaming for their lives. Excellent fun!

'Course, the raging laughter from the closet eventually gave away the
secret.

-- 
Jeffrey Sharp

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 4 20:38:00 2003

> run off screaming for their lives. Excellent fun!

Good thing someone didn't "trick" on you and run off with Omnibot!

"Stop!  Bring it back here!", crackling from Omnibot's speaker ;)

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *