Subject: RE: Revengish URL

From: "Hills, Paul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 23 20:54:22 2003

Those picture are all very interesting, but it's the results - or even
better the doing - that is much more interesting to see...

http://www.electricstuff.co.uk/esd.html!

paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Merchberger [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 21 May 2003 18:04
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Revengish URL

Rumor has it that John Lawson may have mentioned these words:
>  This is diabolical - evil - reprehensible - unconconsionable -
>sick/twisted - dangerous - damn funny.
>
>http://www.fiftythree.org/etherkiller/
>
>For those who eschew browsers - it's a series of pictures of all the usual
>computer and networking connectors - - - spliced onto AC Mains cords. ;{}

They missed one -- True Story:

I had a lady walk into our store and said she needed a special cable for 
her Mac, but didn't know exactly what it was. I showed her several cables 
from our stock, and she verified the port this cable was supposed to plug 
into was the USB port, but she was *positive* the other end was supposed to 
plug into the wall.

I was [evil ascii grafic follows]:

===>||<===

*this close* to saying "I'd be *more* than happy to wire that up for you, 
ma'am!!!"

Imagining her plugging *that* bastage in... that gave all of us here at the 
shop quite a chuckle for a good long time...

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger -- sysadmin, Iceberg Computers
[email-masked]

What do you do when Life gives you lemons,
and you don't *like* lemonade?????????????

---

From: Mail List <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat May 24 01:35:00 2003

He/they have a couple of pages related to Nixie Tubes and
building clocks from them.

Display and counting tubes
http://www.electricstuff.co.uk/count.html

Build a Nixie Tube Digital Clock
http://www.electricstuff.co.uk/nixclock.html