Subject: DEC 7000 available in exchange for help with big stuff from Boston

From: Gunther Schadow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 9 23:58:00 2003

Hi,

I set a reward of a nice DEC 7000 with 4 CPUs (AXP) and 1.5 GB RAM
and SCSI for the one who would come with a truck and get it and ---
here is the catch --- bring me my VAX 11/785 (plus more) gear from
Boston. I was going to sell the 7000 on ebay to make money to
afford the move, but now I figure that a trade in this way would
be the more conservative thing to do.

Anybody interested?

thanks,
-Gunther
From: "Fred deBros" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Gunther Schadow'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Vaxen vultures on ebay ... and is "rtlacy" here?
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 22:06:02 -0500
Importance: Normal

What can I do for u sir? Fred/Boston

Now I wonder, just in case, is anyone of you out in the Boston area,
just in case?

regards,
-Gunther

---

From: David Woyciesjes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Apr 10 08:07:00 2003

> be the more conservative thing to do.

	Hmmm... where are you located, and what kind of truck would be needed?

--
---Dave Woyciesjes
---ICQ# 905818

---

From: Gunther Schadow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Apr 10 15:06:01 2003

> 	Hmmm... where are you located, and what kind of truck

I am in Indianapolis. A 15 ft truck would be enough, because it's
at the most 18 ft rack space which divides nicely in 9 ft on either
side. To load and unload, a lift gate is convenient. The VAXen's UNIBUS
cabinets are already detached, so -- I believe -- one main cab goes
sideways on the lift-gate. Lift-gate isn't absolutely necessary for I
would assume that the place in Boston has a proper loading dock and
we can get help from a wrecker (flatbed) at my place to unload. It's
a bit scary, but it works. If I only had the time, I could do it with
just one more person helping to. Loading in Boston will be fine, since 
the guy
who has this now will be able to help somehow (and I'm sure they have
a convenient loading dock so you just push the thing in.)

For the DEC 7000 in return, the same kind of truck would suffice :-).
If the wether is nice, a certain size open hanger could actually be
enough if all is strapped on well.

thanks for the consideration. BTW: if the DEC 7000 is not incentive
alone, I also have another VAX 6420 to give away with it.

regards,
-Gunther

---

From: David Woyciesjes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 11 07:31:01 2003

Gunther Schadow wrote:
> cabinets are already detached, so -- I believe --

	That's what I thought... COnsidering that, and the fact that I just got
a job offer (woo hoo! after 6months, it's about damn time!) I won't be
able to help out on this deal. Sorry...
	Yep, I'm going back to Yale for work. This time I'll be in the
Dermatology department, and I'll be getting about the same salary as
when I was laid off. Man, what a relief...

--
---Dave Woyciesjes
---ICQ# 905818