Subject: New bounties ($$$)

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 6 11:32:00 2003

I'm looking for the following software for a client:

        Microsoft LAN Manager 2.1 for OS/2
        IBM LAN Server 2.0 for OS/2
        "Message Port" by Nuko Information Systems
        "WinPort" by LANSource Technologies, 1.0 version

The common thread is that all featured serial port sharing technology over
a LAN.  If you have these or know of any other software that had this
feature (excluding Artisoft's Articom or LANtastic) then please contact
me.

I always share the profits with those who help me out!

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *

---

From: "John Ruschmeyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 6 12:09:00 2003

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of Vintage Computer Festival
> Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 12:21 PM
> To: Classic Computers Mailing List
> Subject: New bounties ($$$)
>
>

Hmm... seems like I also recall that the AE QuadraLink (a four-port
NuBUS-based serial board) came with a driver that allowed port sharing over
an AppleTalk network. Then, of course, there were boxes like the Shiva
NetSerial (which probably had an earlier incarnation at Cayman Systems).

<<<john>>>

---

From: "Bob Lafleur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 6 12:34:00 2003

There was a program I used for serial port sharing back around 1986 or
so. It was a DOS TSR. You'd run the "host" TSR on the machine with the
port(s) to share, and the other machines would run client TSR's. I just
looked, and I don't seem to have it, or anything that seems to jog my
memory. Unfortunately, I don't recall it's name.

We also used a "Buffalo Box" device for serial port sharing that worked
pretty well - but that didn't share over the net. It would just allow
multiple machines to use their serial ports to "share" a limited
resource like a modem, but each machine had a serial line connected to
the Buffalo Box.

   - Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Vintage Computer Festival
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 12:21 PM
To: Classic Computers Mailing List
Subject: New bounties ($$$)

The common thread is that all featured serial port sharing technology
over a LAN.  If you have these or know of any other software that had
this feature (excluding Artisoft's Articom or LANtastic) then please
contact me.

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer
Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger
http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at
www.VintageTech.com *