Subject: Update on basement sale

From: Ian Primus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jun 27 21:38:01 2003

If you contacted me about something in the basement sale I posted 
earlier, and I haven't responded, I must apologize. My email has been 
acting up a little, and I have been flooded with spam. Also, I will 
need a little time to get everything straightened out and ready to go 
before I can quote shipping prices or get stuff shipped out. Since I am 
in the middle of reorganizing the basement/workshop, everything is 
everywhere, and I need to continue sorting and weeding out so I have 
more room to work. Also, I should have a lot more stuff to offer soon. 
Once again, sorry for the delay, bear with me, and I'll definitely be 
able to get stuff to people, it just may take a few more days to get 
straightened out.

Also, while cleaning tonight, I found some other things

Original IBM AT motherboard, complete with stacked RAM chips. Untested. 
$2 + shipping
Original IBM AT power supply. Untested. $2 + shipping
Apple IIe(enhanced) motherboard. Works. $2 + shipping
XT clone power supply. Untested. $2 + shipping
Macintosh 1.44 meg Manual inject floppy drives. Cleaned, lubricated and 
tested. $4 + shipping
SCSI CD-ROM reader. 2x (I think). Works. $4 + shipping

Once again, prices are just suggestions, feel free to make an offer.

I'll post another, more complete list at the end of the week. I still 
have more stuff to wade through.

Ian Primus
[email-masked]

---

From: "peter tremewen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jun 28 03:05:01 2003

Fresh from a local garage sale, picked up an Apple LC II plus monitor and
some documentation for twenty bucks and am wondering about a few things:

        Firstly does anyone have the wiring details for the SCSI conector at
the back or know where I might get it??

        Secondly does anyone know what plugs into the white 96 way connector
near the back left of the mother board labeled J20?? I have an Apple LC III
with something plugged into this conector and would love to know what it
does.

        I have a LC III that I picked up ages ago, and would love to have
them "talking", can anyone give me some details on the "apple talk"
conector.

        Can some Apple fan direct me to a nice juicy apple Tech site, I have
never used these systems but they seem to be working, i'd love to get them
going with a few other extras, but will need some more detailed info.

        Thanks in advance,

                Peter T.

---

From: "Dr. Ido" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jun 28 03:52:00 2003

>the back or know where I might get it??

The pinout is on hardwarebook.net, getting a ready made cable should be
easy enough though.  The same connector is used for narrow SCSI on all Macs
with onboard SCSI, Amiga and some PC SCSI cards. 

>with something plugged into this conector and would love to know what it

LC PDS expansion bus.  Most commonly used for network cards.  Video cards,
sound cards, accelerators and Apple ][e emulation cards for this slot are
also available

>them "talking", can anyone give me some details on the "apple talk"

If you only want to connect 2 machines a mac printer cable (8 pin mini-DIN
to 8 pin mini-DIN) will work.  For more than 2 machines you'll need
Appletalk pigtails and cables.  The pinout for the connector is on
hardwarebook.net, but I haven't been able to find a schematic for the
Appletalk pigtail anywhere.  They shouldn't be that hard to find.  

>going with a few other extras, but will need some more detailed info.

lowendmac.com has specifications and other info for old macs as well as
mailing lists specific to various systems (compact macs, pre-040 68K, 040,
nubus PPC, etc).  

LCs are pretty limited.  If you do get into macs more it shouldn't be hard
to pick up more powerful 68K machines cheap.  I started out in macs with
LCs, but later got myself a IIfx and a Quadra 950 for $10 each :)

---

From: Tarsi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jun 28 08:58:00 2003

> Appletalk pigtail anywhere.  They shouldn't be that hard to find.

PhoneNET boxes are even easier to find, usually.  With a pigtail on each 
machine, it enables you to network the two Apples over regular POTS 4-wire 
phone line.

> LCs, but later got myself a IIfx and a Quadra 950 for $10 each :)

They're nice machines, though.  Probably the smallest mac out there, usually 
very reliable and rarely having issues.  I used them for years back when they 
were The Shit(tm).  

Tarsi

-- 
----------------------------
http://tarsi.binhost.com
http://www.foreverbeyond.org
http://www.binhost.com
----------------------------

---

From: "Dr. Ido" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jun 28 10:51:00 2003

>very reliable and rarely having issues.  I used them for years back when
they 

If it's the small case you like go for the LC475, just stick a full 040 and
a 32MB SIMM in there and you're good to go for pretty much anything that'll
run on a 68K machine.  I ran one for quite a while until I killed it trying
to overclock it.  
It was even quite usable on the web as long as you stuck with something
like Netscape 3 and turned javascript off.  

I've accumulated quick a stack of LCs since then including a few LC475s.  I
haven't really done anything with them other than check if there was
anything interesting on the HDDs.  

Most of my Mac needs are met by the Quadra 950 and an slightly upgraded
PM7500.  I do have an LC ][e card that I paid too much for, I'll get around
to installing it one day.