Subject: Re: OT: How to set up Eudora properly :-)

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 6 09:29:01 2003

>When I read messages using Eudora 4.3.2 (paid mode) I get to see lots of 
>headers I can do without. For example a typical message starts:

You can try the hack at the following web site. Its supposed to fix this 
problem with Eudora v3. But the problem appears to be the same issue you 
are seeing (emails from the Mailman list server show extra headers in the 
email body).

<http://lists.contesting.com/_rfi/2001-December/001115.html>

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: Roger Merchberger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 6 10:00:01 2003

><http://lists.contesting.com/_rfi/2001-December/001115.html>

You can also put these two entries just below the [Settings] tag:

NoSplashScreen=1
ReplyAttribution=Rumor has it that %2 may have mentioned these words:

The first one gets rid of the nag screen & starts Eudora a bit faster... 
the 2nd changes the default "on <date> you said:" attribution header.

Found these *way* down deep in the Eudora help file...

To find others, do this:

Click "Help" then "Topics",
if you haven't used Eudora help before, use the "Maximize search 
capabilities" button, then hit next.

Search for Attribution, what pops up should be the "Eudora.ini Settings" 
help area, click on that.

There's a *mongo* list of settings in the eudora.ini list that are explained...

HTH,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger -- sysadmin, Iceberg Computers
[email-masked]

What do you do when Life gives you lemons,
and you don't *like* lemonade?????????????

---

From: "John A. Dundas III" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 6 11:14:00 2003

I use Eudora 3.1.3 on a Mac.  For the few that may be interested the answer
is slightly different and there is no .ini file.

><http://lists.contesting.com/_rfi/2001-December/001115.html>

This is a very helpful list.  Installing the file "Esoteric Settings 3.1"
from the distribution in the Eudora Folder (in the System Folder) adds a
number of new panels to the Special->Settings... menu.  Specifically one
called Boring Headers.  From this one can edit those headers to be omitted.

John

---

From: Huw Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Mar 9 21:23:01 2003

><http://lists.contesting.com/_rfi/2001-December/001115.html>

Fixed it! Thanks.

Huw Davies           | e-mail: [email-masked]
Melbourne            | "If soccer was meant to be played in the
Australia            | air, the sky would be painted green"