Subject: CBM PET Software (&H/W)

From: M H Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 7 19:50:23 2003

I've got a few boxes of PET S/W somewhere (diskettes, ROMS and 
tapes), but whether after 25 years or so of sitting in a damp basement &
wet garage the hardware still works (or if I can remember how) to copy it is 
another question; what sort of S/W are you looking for? Assuming the 
hardware works, the diskettes shouldn't be a problem, nor the EPROMS, 
and I seem to recall making a "null-cassette" adapter to copy tapes; 
anybody remember that? Hmmm, archiving those on a CD, or e-mailing
them, should be an interesting project...

In fact, I also recall making a cassette port to cassette port cable to 
"network" two PETs; anybody ever try that? And of course the famous
switch to switch an 8032 into 4032 mode for compatibility with all the
40 col stuff out there at the time.

Well, my interest being revived, I just went out to the garage and found
a 2001 covered in racoon s**t  (fortunately with a plastic cover on it), with an
MTU graphics board installed. That looks dead, but the 8032 in the basement 
with mushrooms growing on the floor fired up after all these years with that 
vaguely familiar start-up tinkle (no, I didn't bother to reform the PS caps :); 
lifted the cover and there's even a DEC modem inside, but don't ask me if
or how THAT worked.

Now to find the disk drives (and then there's the pile of C64s, VIC20s
and monitors up at the cottage, some even brand new in the box from the
days when I planned to replace some AIM65s with VIC20s in a quite
successful industrial controller application, believe it or not, but by the 
time I finally got a round tuit, PC's had arrived).

Ah, memories, however vague and distant...

m

--------------------Original Message------------------

From: "Chandra Bajpai" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Fwd: RE: 8250 LP Double disk drive for the commodore 64
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 07:38:56 -0400
Reply-To: [email-masked]

Can 8050 diskettes be read on the 8250 (can the 8250 sense single sided
diskettes)? Which PET drive is compatible with 1571?

Ethan...I've accumulated a lot of PET stuff, including a dozen 8032's, a
dead SuperPET, some drives (including an 8250) and 3-8K PETs. Love to
hear what you have? I wish I had some software!

-Chandra