Subject: Re: Locating older systems & parts... (was: RE: making disk images)

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 6 09:09:00 2003

>Where I am now, most of the Salvation Army/Goodwill thrifts have big "NO
>COMPUTERS!!!" signs out front so they won't even take them in just to toss
>them.

Yeah, that's what the one near me does. They won't even take them in 
anymore. What's worse is, they will take all the parts... just not the 
CPU. So they breakdown otherwise complete systems.

Although, I am humored when the occasional computer makes it thru, like 
the other day they had a PCjr. It just shows that they know nothing about 
the stuff. If it doesn't look like a modern WinTel box, they don't seem 
to recognize it.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: Brian Heise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 6 09:39:00 2003

"If I had a dollar for every time........."  Hoping to find a PCjr show up here is probably impossible.  Im in Carbondale, IL, which is pretty much by itself in the deeper part of So. IL.  Most of the area around here is farm land and what not, and the chances of great computer fnds are *probably* a little less than if I were nearer a larger metropolotian area...[sigh].....Oh well...
Brian
chris <[email-masked]> wrote:>Where I am now, most of the Salvation Army/Goodwill thrifts have big "NO

-chris