Subject: Pet 2001 N16 Display Problem

From: [email-masked], "Co." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jul 26 19:28:45 2003

I have a Pet 2001 N16.  When powered up, it displays a screen full 
of garbled characters. I read a message board post on http://www.
classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctalk/2003-January/014761.html that recommended 
that I replace the 2114s (from bgmicro.com) to swap out the video 
RAM.  Any opinions/suggestions?  Has anyone had a similar experience? 

¿ß¡¶ Dë¢ñ@ñ?

---

From: "musicman38" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jul 29 21:32:00 2003

I have a PET 2001, that displayed the same garbled screen after
many years of storage..
What I did was remove the RAM chips from their sockets
and reinserted them.
I don't know if all 2001 models had plug in RAM chips, mine did however.
Anyway to my surprise the PET booted and no more garbage or errors..
Worth a try..

Phil