Subject: RE: HP 9000 R332 computer

From: "Peter Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 17 09:46:53 2003

Hi Joe,

I was having a quick play with an R332 9000 machine at the weekend and 
noticed a couple of other 'interesting things' about it.

1.  Further to my mail about the extra rear panel jumper leads required to 
make this things work.  It appears that the FDD mounted in the front panel 
of the computer is linked to its own controller card that is in turn linked 
to a rear panel HPIB connector.  In order for the computer to see the FDD, a 
short HPIB connector must be used to link the HPIB connector on the rear 
panel of the computer (vertically orientated) and the HPIB connector on the 
plug in CPU card.

2.  On close inspection of the FDD controller card, it appears that there 
are two disk connectors of different lengths (one is the FDD controller).  
The disk connector is open - could this be a connector for a HDD?  If so, it 
doesn't look like an MFM connector - it looks much more like a regular IDE 
connector.  I've seen references to an internal HDD option for the R332 - is 
it possible that this drive is an IDE type?

Cheers

Peter Brown

_________________________________________________________________
It's fast, it's easy and it's free. Get MSN Messenger today! 
http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger