Subject: Re: New kid on the list with Mark-8, digital group & more.

From: "Hans Franke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 06:00:38 2003

> The Kim-1 is another favorite of mine. I had one back when they were new and
> mounted it in an aluminum chassis with breadboard sockets on the top. I
> wire-wrapped an expansion board, adding another 1K of RAM, and extended the
> cabling for the cassette I/F to micro jacks on the side of the chassis.
> Then, with it all fixed up, I sold it. I've been kicking myself regularly
> since. I have a VIM and a SYM-1, but am still looking for a "reasonably
> priced" Kim-1.

I'd love to trade a Kim for a SYM

hans

--
VCF Europa 4.0 am 03./04. Mai 2003 in Muenchen
http://www.vcfe.org/

---

From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 06:01:19 2003

--- Hans Franke <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > The Kim-1 is another favorite of mine. 
> > I have a VIM and a SYM-1, but am still looking for a "reasonably
> > priced" Kim-1.
> 

If I had a spare, I'd trade - I have one SYM (complete with a beat-up
box with matching serial number), no KIM, an AIM-65 and most of
another AIM or two.

I've wanted a KIM for a long time, too.  I could beat myself up for
talking a seller out of one years ago.  It was obvious to me that he
really didn't want to sell it, so I guess I was just being too nice
a guy.  :-/

I go visit the KIM in the Dayton Microcomputer Association's museum
everytime I'm at a Computerfest (11 days 'til the next one)

-ethan