Subject: XENIX Distribution Disks

From: Owen Robertson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 28 01:33:16 2003

Well, I found someone with a Tandy 6000 keyboard to sell and it should be on
it's way to me tomorrow. Unfortunately, when it gets here, I will have
nothing to use it for, as I accidentally wiped XENIX completely off my
6000's internal hard disk while trying to format a secondary *external* hard
disk. I will never again assume that a program named 'hdinit' will actually
ask me *which* disk to erase, nor that it will ask for *ANY* kind of
confirmation before wiping the internal hard disk...

So I am now in the market for some Tandy XENIX distribution disks for
version 3.whatever. I don't know the exact version number of the OS that was
for the 6000 specifically. Also, should anyone have the Multiuser BASIC
disks, or Profile for XENIX disks, those were lost as well... I didn't have
any of the original disks for anything dealing with the 6000.

I'd also like to get my hands on something my system never had, whose
absence was very noticeable - the XENIX Development System, which contains
things like the C compiler, mail, and many other things I don't consider
optional in a UNIX-based system.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

-- 
Owen Robertson

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu May 29 08:51:03 2003

Owen,

   I gave Mike Haas a BIG stack of T6000 manuals and disks (8"). You can
e-mail him and see if he can help you.

    Joe