Subject: "tumble" TIFF/JPEG to PDF converter

From: "Eric Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 24 16:33:00 2003

There's finally an early release of "tumble", my GPL'd
TIFF/JPEG to PDF converter:

    http://tumble.brouhaha.com/

There's a lot of work yet to be done, but enough of the
basic functionality is there that it is useful for simple
things.

Two few examples of DEC Field Maintenance Print Sets for the
VT52 and VT78 are available[*] at

    http://www.brouhaha.com/~eric/retrocomputing/dec/doc/mp/

These files show the use of Tumble to produce PDF files from
scanned images and create PDF bookmarks (aka outline) using a
control file.  The control file syntax is not yet documented,
as it is undergoing change, but that provides an idea of what
it can do.

Eric

[*] temporarily - they'll soon appear in a more appropriate
place