Subject: help with external floppy drive

From: "pmulry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 28 13:04:11 2003

Please help with info of this floppy drive.

3 1/2" floppy drive  external aluminium case
manufacturer : California Access
model no. : CA-880
fccid : gea4btrf302c
Made In Hong Kong

Need to know the system its designed to run on (ie: dos,unix etc) and
available drivers.

thanks

---

From: "ghldbrd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 28 13:04:36 2003

Standard Amiga 880k external floppy, has cable with DB23 male, DB23 female 
on rear, used in a daisychain manner. Runs on (yep!) AmigaDOS/Workbench.  
Usually found with the A500 series, but useable on all Amigas. 

Probably a standard 720k mechanism with the added flipflop for Amiga use. 

Gary Hildebrand
St. Joseph, MO

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 31 19:10:13 2003

> Need to know the system its designed to run on (ie: dos,unix etc) and

I am pretty sure this is a drive for the Amiga (I have one).

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *