Subject: DEC Ethernet??? card

From: "ghldbrd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 24 12:28:22 2003

Just got one of these . . . if DEC fans want it you've got it for shipping. 

Looks like AUI and 10 base 2 outputs, barcode sticker has a number: 
70-26691-01.  FCC ID: A09DE100. 

Operators are standing by . . . 

Gary Hildebrand
St. Joseph, MO

---

From: Kevin Handy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 24 12:29:02 2003

> Operators are standing by . . .

Sounds like a DE-100.

Should have BNC and an AUI connector on the back. Old,
only does 10mbps, 16 bit ISA card, but not a cpu hog like
some of the adapters were. Works great on older
PC's (PC, XT, AT, 286, etc.). It is supported by Linux.
Doesn't require a DEC PC, it should work on most brands
with an ISA bus.

To get a 10mb cat5 connection, you will need to buy a MAU,
and move a big jumber on the card. I'd probably go
with a $10.00 special at OfficeMax before going through that
expense, and also get 100mbps for about the same price.

I don't need any more (I still have several of these, and some
DE-200's). Documentation for this is available on the intenet
in several places.