Subject: (Fwd) A 4331 in MA, USA

From: "Hans Franke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 7 16:28:34 2003

I just got news about a nice 4331 to be scraped in MA.

------- Forwarded message follows -------
From:           	"Dom Rodriguez" <[email-masked]>
To:             	"Hans Franke" <[email-masked]>
Subject:        	RE: Ausstellungsidee
Date sent:      	Fri, 7 Mar 2003 14:30:13 -0800

> > We have an IBM 4331 System with peripherals that would like to sell

> I assume the Computer is lovated in the US?
> Unless it's in Germany, I can't realy do anything.
> I took the Producer of the US VCF on CC, maybe he
> is interested or knows someone.

> Best Regards
> H.

Yes it is in Massachusetts, if you have any referrals please let us know.
It includes tape drives, disk drives, 1401 printer 2540 card reader punch
etc
Thanks
Dom Rodriguez

------- End of forwarded message -------

The 4331 is (in my opinion) eventualy the single most desirable
classic /370 Machine for a proivate collector. It's reasonable
compact, but got all the bells and whistles of a real IBM of the
early '80s. Ok, the odd I/O chanels are a minus, but beside that
it can't co better for the spacewise challenged amon us.

It looks almost as if he thinks he may still get money, but he
might learn soon that he should be happy if someone is willing
to pick it up without having him to pay for that service.

Gruss
H.

--
VCF Europa 4.0 am 03./04. Mai 2003 in Muenchen
http://www.vcfe.org/