Subject: Re: Alpha Micro 1000?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu Jul 31 00:07:38 2003

In a message dated 7/30/03 12:40:21 PM Pacific Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> Anybody know where I can find an Owner's or user's manual for this? Or
> what are the Video In, Video Out and Video I/O ports for?
> 

Probably for a VCR backup tape unit. They used them quite a lot.

Paxton
Astoria

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 31 00:15:48 2003

INTERESTING! I never heard of that on a factory machine. Did it work
satisfactorily?

    Joe

---

From: Cameron Kaiser <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 31 00:26:16 2003

> INTERESTING! I never heard of that on a factory machine. Did it work

The Salvation Army (used to?) use(s) them as their mainframe backend and
they had VCR backup units. Worked just fine. I managed to find at least
one back-door into AMOS in their menu system, which did not endear me to
the system administrator. *grin*

-- 
---------------------------------- personal: http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ --
 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * [email-masked]
-- God is the tangential point between zero and infinity. -- Alfred Jarry -----

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 31 00:29:32 2003

>the system administrator. *grin*

   I'm glad to hear that they can be gotten into. I was worried about that.
I hope to find out tomorrow if it works, still has SW on the drive and if
it will boot.

    Joe