Subject: Fairlight (was Re: Synertek 6507)

From: "Mike Ross" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 14 12:49:25 2003

>Isn't that how the Fairlight CMI (Computer Musical Instrument) works?
>Only with 6800s instead of 6502/6507?  Does anyone on the list have
>a CMI?

Something like that... the original CMI certainly has a pair of 6800s... I'd 
need to RTFM to remind myself how they interacted.

I have one - an original Mark I CMI, probably my favourite 'small' system, 
see:

http://www.corestore.org/fl2.htm (page of detail thumbnails)

and

http://www.corestore.org/fairlight.jpg (nice LARGE pic of whole system)

It's in pretty-near perfect shape, and works very nicely! The software they 
managed to implement on a pair of 6800s is one of the most truly awesome 
hacks I've ever seen. I'll bring it to the next VCF-East... I'm in process 
of doing a proper web page about it.

Mike
http://www.corestore.org

_________________________________________________________________
Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8. 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail