Subject: Obscure Fuji Unix Computer

From: "Daniel McDonald" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jul 26 22:54:02 2003

Hi Everybody,

If you come across the following computer, or know where to find one, or know
anything interesting about it, please let me know!

Labelled as:  Fuji MCS-16F

Alleged OS: Unix OS9

Custom User Interface Software: Fuji MCS/2E V3.33

Installed Custom I/O Cards visible on back:
  1.  VM1161
  2.  VM1410
  3.  VM1310

There is one  5-1/4" floppy drive installed.

This appears to be a mid-1980's era customized controller, and is being used
to control a mid-1980's era Fuji SMT system.  The problem is that the system
owners are beginning to be very nervous about the long-term feasibility of the
computer/controller and are searching for a backup while preparing for a
surprisingly expensive software upgrade sometime in the future. Fuji no longer
supports the installed software.

This is also the type of thing that one may encounter in the usual places...
in a dumpster, or in a pile at an auction or, well, you know, where ever.
Rest assured that this particular model of obscure computer has some worth
left in it, so please let me know if you encounter one!

Thanks,

Dan M
Bellows Falls, Vermont
USA