Subject: RE: 74F582

From: "Hills, Paul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 20 13:10:55 2003

It seems that the 74F583 is quite similar to the '582 (of course many of the
74TTL series ICs do have near equivalents like this). I too have struggled
to find anything on the '582, but a datasheet for Philip's version of the
'583 can be found here:
http://www.system.perm.ru/escpdf/Philips/74F583_1.pdf, a reasonably good
collection of datasheets in Russia.

cheers,
paul

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr. Charles E. Morris [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 19 March 2003 20:14
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 74F582

It appears to be an 8-bit ALU. Couldn't find a data sheet from Fairchild
(who bought National Semiconductor's logic line), Philips, or anyone!
Signetics is no longer in the TTL business, I believe. The only things I can
come up with are:

pspice.metropoliglobal.com/pspice/docs/DIGITAL.PDF
ALU 74F582 74F582S TTL
      74F582 Octal, with Parity Generator Checker

http://www.s-direktnet.de/homepages/sangmeister/daten/ics/icg74.htm
NSC    74F582

and:
http://www.egm-electronics.com/listen/ic.htm
      74F582N SIG 87 DIP

I'd be interested to know where anyone does come up with a data sheet.
-Charles

>Does anyone know what this is? It's on a board with six 74LS181's and
>two 74F582, as well as some static RAM and a ton of other TTL logic.

--