Subject: Re: DEC AD01-A (was: DEC AD0L-A)

From: "Bill Lewis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jul 26 23:43:05 2003

> Rick Murphy wrote:
> > 
> > I think you've got an AD01-A (the fourth character is a "1", not the 
> > letter "L".)
> > Google searching for AD01-A yields a lot of good info. For example, 
> > <http://www.psych.usyd.edu.au/pdp-11/ad01.html>

You're right.   The hyphen between the '1' and the 'A' was shift down to
the bottom of the line, making the '1' look like an 'L'.   I thought I saw AD0LA
rather than AD01-A.

Mine appears to be different from the one pictured on that webpage.

> In that case, this manual may be some use, though it appears to be 
> describing a different (later?) model:
> 
> "AD01-D Analog-to-Digital Conversion Subsystem Manual"
> 
> http://208.190.133.201/decimages/AD01_manual.pdf (9.3 MiB)

In any case my AD01-A has quite a different card layout than the AD01-D
in that manual.

Bill