Subject: Free Scanners (+ shipping)

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 16 10:44:22 2003

I have two sheet feed scanners here that anyone can have, just cover 
shipping.

Spectra 1200 Color Scanner
SP Color 6000

Here's the catch (there's always a catch). I don't have the interface 
cards for them. One of the two I have a manual and software, and the 
software for both is available on the web (PlusTek's web site?).

They use, from what I can tell, a custom interface card. I tried to find 
out if it was a generic SCSI card, but I wasn't able to turn up any info 
that indicated that. They do pull their power from the interface card, so 
I tend to think it is not SCSI.

I also don't have the cable that goes between the card and the scanner, 
but both ends are DB 25 so it should be fairly easy to get a cable 
(assuming there isn't some funky pinout for it).

I also don't know for sure that either scanner works. They were given to 
me a few years ago, at the time the previous owner told me they were 
parallel scanners, so I didn't think of checking for an interface card 
until it was too late. As a result, I have no way of testing them, so I 
can't say if they work or not.

If anyone wants either or both, just cover shipping or pick them up 
(Ridgewood, NJ 07450). They are going in the dumpster no later than 
Wednesday, so let me know by then.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>