Subject: RE: XENIX Distribution Disks

From: Kelly Leavitt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 28 01:33:55 2003

I have the 3.1 or 3.2 system, scriptsit, dev system, mbasic, and filePro or
Profile16. How urgent are your needs? I only have them available on 5.25"
disks (follow the directions on Frank Durda's site to connect up a 5.25"
drive). I can probably get to copying them in mid to late June. Just remind
me in a few weeks. 

Anyone else collect the 6000's?

Kelly

-----Original Message-----
From: Owen Robertson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 8:13 PM
To: Classic Computer Mailing List
Subject: XENIX Distribution Disks

Well, I found someone with a Tandy 6000 keyboard to sell and it should be on
it's way to me tomorrow. Unfortunately, when it gets here, I will have
nothing to use it for, as I accidentally wiped XENIX completely off my
6000's internal hard disk while trying to format a secondary *external* hard
disk. I will never again assume that a program named 'hdinit' will actually
ask me *which* disk to erase, nor that it will ask for *ANY* kind of
confirmation before wiping the internal hard disk...

So I am now in the market for some Tandy XENIX distribution disks for
version 3.whatever. I don't know the exact version number of the OS that was
for the 6000 specifically. Also, should anyone have the Multiuser BASIC
disks, or Profile for XENIX disks, those were lost as well... I didn't have
any of the original disks for anything dealing with the 6000.

I'd also like to get my hands on something my system never had, whose
absence was very noticeable - the XENIX Development System, which contains
things like the C compiler, mail, and many other things I don't consider
optional in a UNIX-based system.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

-- 
Owen Robertson

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed May 28 01:34:15 2003

I'd be interested in those too!!!

---

From: "Eric J. Korpela" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu May 29 11:08:30 2003

[Charset iso-8859-1 unsupported, filtering to ASCII...]
> Anyone else collect the 6000's?

I have a (currently non-functional, but probably repairable) 6000.  I'd
really love to have the dev system.  If I get it up and running again, I
have an accounting system and COBOL runtime (no compiler (un)fortunately)
on the HD.

To reduce the time involved in making copies, would you be willing to make
disk images, and put them somewhere accessible?   That way those of us with
an 8" hooked to a PC could make 8" disks.

Eric

---

From: "Eric J. Korpela" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu May 29 12:23:48 2003

> an 8" hooked to a PC could make 8" disks.

Oh yeah,  I think I have Multiplan, too.

Eric

---

From: Owen Robertson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat May 31 18:11:03 2003

> Anyone else collect the 6000's?

Or does anyone have a Model 16? I was thinking about it the other day, and
I've never actually heard of anyone having one.

-- 
Owen Robertson

---

From: Tothwolf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat May 31 18:14:24 2003

On Thu, 29 May 2003, Owen Robertson wrote:
> Or does anyone have a Model 16? I was thinking about it the other day,
> and I've never actually heard of anyone having one.

The closest I have is a Model 2, which was working when I stored it away.
I never did much with it when I got it (mid 90s I think) due to a lack of
software. I was able to obtain the TRSDOS disk via Tandy (only disk I have
for the system), but I have no idea if they can still do that.

I am still looking for a keyboard for my Model 2 if someone has one
surplus to their needs...

-Toth

---

From: "Nick Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat May 31 18:20:53 2003

I have a Model 16B with the internal 15 MB harddisk and 8" slimline floppy.
I also have a Model II that has been upgraded to a Model 16 with a 68000
board.  Both are cool machines.  I do have a pile reference manuals and
development software for the machines, just no time to copy them.

Nick Miller

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat May 31 18:25:06 2003

> I've never actually heard of anyone having one.

I do believe I have one.

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *