Subject: re: dos 1.0

From: "Karl Paul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jul 26 20:39:35 2003

Ok somone out there must still have a copy of DOS 1.0. If so could you tell 
us what the P/N of the set is? I could be wrong. I have been before. :)

Thanks,

Karl

Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 15:49:29
To: [email-masked]
From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: dos 1.0
Reply-To: [email-masked]

  Let me make this REAL clear. I've had both DOS 1.0 and 1.1 and they were
identical except for different disks and a paper sticker on the package
that said "DOS 1.1". I'm also fairly sure that there was no other mention
of hte DOs version anywhere else in the package except of the disks
themselves. I specificly checked the part number printed on the packages
and they were exactly the same.  I didn't go through EVERY page in the
manual but the 20 or so pages that I checked, including the title page,
indexs, introduction, copyright, etc, were all exactly the same. I'm not
100% sure but I don't think either of them mentioned MS. I did see a LATER
DOs 1.1 package that had CHANGE pages added to it that was slightly
different. I don't remember if it had the same part number and paper
sticker or not.

   Joe

At 02:09 PM 7/23/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Joe, Not so. The DOS 1.0 manual has no reference to Microsoft. The first 
>page of the manual of DOS 1.1 states Disk Operation System, by Microsoft. 
>The DOS 1.0 just states Disk Operation System. The part number is not the 
>same either.
>
>Karl
>
>
>
>Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:00:22
>To: [email-masked]
>From: Joe <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: dos 1.0
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>
>If you have a DOS 1.1 manual then you have a DOS 1.0 manual. I've had and
>seen several DOS 1.0 and 1.1 packages and the only difference between the
>manuals was that the DOS 1.1 manuals had a paper sticker on them that said
>"DOS 1.1". Even the part number on them was the same.
>
>   Joe

_________________________________________________________________
STOP MORE SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

---

From: "Erik S. Klein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jul 26 20:56:12 2003

DOS 1.0

P/N 6172212 (from the disk)

BTW, I haven't seen mention of it, but there was a PC DOS 1.05 available
shortly after 1.00 hit the streets.  As it turns out there was a bug in
BASIC that produced some interesting results from some calculations (I
can't remember specifically) so they re-released DOS with a new BASIC
and BASICA and upped the version to 1.05.

I'm pretty sure that there are IBM labeled disks with that version
number, but there was never a new manual.  I have copies, but not
originals, of that version.

   Erik Klein
   www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum
   The Vintage Computer Forum

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Karl Paul
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2003 5:44 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: re: dos 1.0

Ok somone out there must still have a copy of DOS 1.0. If so could you
tell 
us what the P/N of the set is? I could be wrong. I have been before. :)

Thanks,

Karl

  Let me make this REAL clear. I've had both DOS 1.0 and 1.1 and they
were
identical except for different disks and a paper sticker on the package
that said "DOS 1.1". I'm also fairly sure that there was no other
mention
of hte DOs version anywhere else in the package except of the disks
themselves. I specificly checked the part number printed on the packages
and they were exactly the same.  I didn't go through EVERY page in the
manual but the 20 or so pages that I checked, including the title page,
indexs, introduction, copyright, etc, were all exactly the same. I'm not
100% sure but I don't think either of them mentioned MS. I did see a
LATER
DOs 1.1 package that had CHANGE pages added to it that was slightly
different. I don't remember if it had the same part number and paper
sticker or not.

   Joe