Subject: Recently scanned PDP-8/I schematics available

From: "Robert Krten" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 17 14:18:25 2003

Recent scans of my collection of 17"x22" PDP-8/I schematics are now
available; many are different (newer) revision than others available
on the web.

http://www.parse.com/~pdp8/pdp8i/drawings.html

There's a tarball so you can download the whole thing (11 Megs).

Spozedly, these are 400 DPI scans, so they should be pretty reasonable
quality.

Cheers,
-RK

--
Robert Krten, PARSE Software Devices +1 613 599 8316.
Realtime Systems Architecture, Consulting and Training at www.parse.com
Looking for Digital Equipment Corp. PDP-1 through PDP-15 minicomputers!

---

From: Jim Battle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 21 14:09:47 2003

> Spozedly, these are 400 DPI scans, so they should be pretty reasonable

Robert --

I recently did a number of large format schematics at 600 dpi, but my 
file sizes were smaller that yours.  So I downloaded one of yours and 
took a good look.  The scanning was done with halftoning turned on, so 
all of your lines and characters are "fuzzy" -- an attempt to reproduce 
greyscale at 1bpp.  You should have turned off the halftoning and your 
file size would be much smaller.

---

From: "Robert Krten" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jul 22 19:18:50 2003

Jim Battle sez...
> file size would be much smaller.

Ok, I'll keep that in mind for next time -- I didn't do the scanning,
a local copy shop did...

Cheers,
-RK