Subject: Re: Zebra Pick manuals

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 2 03:26:46 2003

>If the pick box is small, I'd be interested if it's available. :)

The Zebra machine is LONG gone. One of my first tasks at this company was 
to replace it, that was some 13 or sheesh, maybe 15 years ago. There were 
two of them I think, and I know I tossed them in the dumpster (this was 
before my collecting days when I just didn't know any better).

The two PC's running pick: One was dismantled, the DigiBoards have been 
repacked and stored, and the hard drive has been put in storage (with 
Pick still installed). The rest of the PC I think is either in storage or 
has been stripped of parts (it honestly might still be standing on end 
next to my desk... I get so used to seeing things in my office that I 
think of them as furniture and forget all about them). The other is 
sitting in storage in one peice, in theory it could be booted tomorrow, 
but it has been offline for probably about 5 or 6 years now. I think it 
might have a broken DigiBoard in it as well. I seem to recall that a 
capacitor was snapped off one of the DigiBoards at one point. What I 
don't remember is if it was one being reboxed (makes sense) or if it was 
one that was left in the whole PC.

I'm not at the point of getting rid of the whole one yet. It was saved in 
its runnable state because it has an old job on it that we wanted to be 
able to just drop back in place and run again if we wanted to. Although, 
at this point, even if the client DID restart the job, I suspect they 
would have enough changes to it to make it worth while rewriting it on a 
newer system.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: Gene Buckle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 2 03:26:52 2003

> to replace it, that was some 13 or sheesh, maybe 15 years ago. There were

Ok, thanks.  Pick programming pays my bills so I like messing around with
different flavors. :)

g.