Subject: contents of latest HP load

From: "Jay West" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jun 7 19:30:05 2003

HP 2860 Dual bay rack with smoked plexiglass doors

HP 2100A cpu w/24K (includes 12920/21 mux set with an extra control board
for control lines on all ports, unknown board - HP DATA 12604-60001, three
grd tru boards, terminator, mark reader interface, 8 bit duplex register,
trans sync modem, recv sync modem, and I/O extender intf)

HP 2155A I/O extender (includes buffd tty register, 13037 interface,
terminator, and line printer interface)

HP 2100S cpu w/32K (includes 7970 tape controller bds 1&2, TBG, priv. int,
and jumper)

HP 7970B mag tape drive (800 bpi)

HP 2748B paper tape reader

HP 2610A drum Line Printer

HP 7261A optical mark card reader

Teletype model 35

LOADS of docs and paper tapes. Many of which I have not seen before and are
new to me at least. Most of this stuff is in perfect condition, a few items
are in "fair to good" condition. Most of the paper tape library seems at
first blush to be RJE centric, some DB/Image, RTE, and DOS stuff seems to be
there as well. 12 binders of docs for pretty much everything, hardware &
software. I put up some pictures of the stuff while it was all in the
garage/basement at http://www.ezwind.net/jwest/HP

Also got the wayward 30062 terminal controller multiplexer connector panel
that I have been looking for. Yay!

An oddball (to me) item was in there.... a 98041A disc interface. This
appears to let an hp 98xx? calculator hook up to large HP disc drives?

Time to take a week off work perhaps and clean & test & play :)

Jay West

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jun 8 18:07:54 2003

>appears to let an hp 98xx? calculator hook up to large HP disc drives?

   yeap. It's for the 9845. I have one but I've never tried to hook it up
and I'm not sure what drives it works with.

    NICE HAUL!

    BTW I've been meaning to write you but I've been BUSY. I picked up
several of the 7970E tape drives. They all say 45 IPS inside and all but
one are marked "option 052/151", the other one is marked "option 183". It
was one of a pair that was mounted in one cabinent and run off of a single
set of controller cards with some jumper cables connecting the two drives.

    Joe

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Tue Jun 10 10:51:28 2003

> and I'm not sure what drives it works with.

Talking of things like that, has anyone ever seen the 'mass storage' unit 
for the 9830 calculator? Apparently, there was an interface for that 
machine that connected to a 14" demountable (?) hard disk unit. One drive 
could be shared between up to 4 9830s. That's one HP product I'd love to 
find out more about

-tony

---

From: "Dave Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 10 10:53:33 2003

The 98041A interface was used to allow the 9845 to interface to the
following drives (this list may not be exhaustive) --
7905, 7906, 7920, 7925 and the 7970E Option 826 Tape drive.
You need to have the Mass Storage ROM in the 9845 to use any of them.
HPIB drives (eg the 9895) used the 98034 interface.

Dave Brown
Christchurch, NZ