Subject: Using a Mac mono monitor with PC VGA

From: "Feldman, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 21 17:31:32 2003

I recently picked a Macintosh High Res mono monitor (from a Macintosh II system) out of the trash. I'd like to use it with an old PC I have that has a VGA card. I've found a pinout for a VGA->Mac cable at www.technick.net, but I'm wondering if it will work with a mono Mac monitor, as opposed to a color one.

TIA.

Bob

---

From: John Rollins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 21 17:40:58 2003

>I recently picked a Macintosh High Res mono monitor (from a 
>Macintosh II system) out of the trash. I'd like to use it with an 
>old PC I have that has a VGA card. I've found a pinout for a 
>VGA->Mac cable at www.technick.net, but I'm wondering if it will 
>work with a mono Mac monitor, as opposed to a color one.

If it's a VGA monitor, it should work fine. One interesting question, 
does Windows have a profile for that monitor? I know I've seen other 
Apple monitors listed, but I haven't played with a desktop PC in a 
while. I've never liked telling a computer that it has a generic 
monitor... But then I'm a weird person :-)  I suppose you'll be OK as 
long as it's not on of those old Apple II monitors(the monitor for 
the IIgs has the same 15-pin connector, but is NOT VGA).
Would it happen to be the model M0400? I found a web page that shows 
it is a 12" 640x480. I don't see anything else there that matches. 
The page shows compatibility with various NuBus video cards - 
http://home.earthlink.net/~gamba2/vid-mon-matrix.html

-- 

/------------------------------------\
|  http://jrollins.tripod.com/                   |
|  KD7BCY      [email-masked]          |
\------------------------------------/