Subject: Gnomes

From: "Bob Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun May 4 01:30:00 2003

Yes I remember Bob Clark
(http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctalk/2003-January/014196.html) because
I am he, and I remember Peter Turnbull too. This is getting silly, because
this week I have relocated Bill Olivier (CommunITel) and Lindsay Reid (Viewfax
258), mostly by accident.

Best regards,
Bob

---

From: "Rob O'Donnell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 5 22:13:03 2003

>258), mostly by accident.

Hmm... want to add an ex-Micronet Employee, ClubSpot 810 editor, bulletin 
board operator (incl. an official TG@H software user) Prestel message board 
operator ("Free Speech") and suchlike?  Namely Me!

It's a small world.

At 16:07 03/05/2003 +0100, Bob Clark wrote:

>... the good news is that Lindsay still has Viewfax 258 backed up on 5.25"
>floppy disks. There's quite a few disks, and we'd have to sort through them
>somewhat to find the Gnomey bits. But Lindsay is happy to loan his disks to
>Glyn the man with the archaic hardware, all he needs is his address. Then he'd
>like his disks back. I figure we could probably blow the lot onto the first
>quarter inch of a CD for him.

>So our dream may come true and we'll have both the Gnome on Prestel and the
>Gnome at Home splurged all over our shiny new web site.

I fancied at one point digging out some of my old Beebs, setting the 
fileserver up again, and linking the lot to a terminal-server on the DSL, 
and hey Presto, my TG@H clone back online again!  But .. does anybody do a 
Java applet that will run a viewdata terminal emulation?

I have a complete archive of Freech backed up on various media, too, if 
anyone were really interested in 15 year old ramblings from a moderated 
chat board..!

Give my regards to Glynn as and when you see him - he gave me a Terry 
Pratchett book once when I was up there admiring the rats nest, and I'm 
still reading them - just been given the new one as a present :-) :-)

Rob.
(aka T.M.S., once.)

---

From: "Bob Clark" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu May 8 23:53:22 2003

Ah, I was wondering who The Mad Sysop was, while looking through the old
Gnome At Home pages today - gnow I gnow!

Glyn almost certaignly already gnew, of course - the latter-day Gnome was
more his domaign than migne.

Bob

PS I promise to stop all this gn stuff quite soogn...