Subject: Leaving the Hobby

From: Jeffrey Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun May 11 19:27:00 2003

I am leaving the hobby/lifestyle of classic computing.  I will not
participate in any discussion of the reason.  The decision has been made.

What remains is to divest myself of my remaining collection. Part of that
process is underway in private dealings with certain individuals. The rest
of my collection will be offered in lots on eBay. If you don't like that,
tough. I believe that eBay is the best way to get the word out about
available items, the best way to deal fairly with prospective takers, and
the best way to ensure that the items go to good homes.  The first set of
auctions will begin in the next few days.  I will consider trades for other
items; a list of things I am seeking will accompany each auction.

I will continue my duties as list moderator for some time.  Jay will see to
the long-term continuation of list services.

-- 
Jeffrey Sharp

---

From: "Thompson Family" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 12 16:15:09 2003

I could see it coming

---

From: "David Vohs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 16 10:18:08 2003

Well, that is your decision, & it looks like I can't change your mind. 

At any rate "Fair winds & following seas" Jeff!

-- 
  David Vohs
  [email-masked]

-- 
http://www.fastmail.fm - Email service worth paying for. Try it for free

---

From: Megan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 16 10:18:13 2003

Jeff - if I might ask.. what is your id on ebay so that we
(collectively) can watch for your auctions...

Sorry to see you go... good luck...

					Megan