Subject: Prime PT200 terminal capacitor values

From: Ian Primus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 19 17:15:41 2003

I got ahold of an old, nonworking, Prime PT200 terminal. It just 
displays a horizontal line in the center of the tube for a little bit, 
then a blank screen. The lighted keys flash on powerup, and  the 
keyclick works. This leads me to believe that the the logic part of the 
terminal is still functional, and the video portion has lost vertical 
deflection. I took the back off and found a bunch of bulging, leaking 
electrolytic capacitors. Most of the capacitors are pretty common 
values that I was able to replace with some from my junk box, but there 
are two capacitors on the power module/board thing that are so corroded 
they are not even legible any more. I did my best to make out the 
values, but only one has any numbers visible at all. If anyone has the 
schematics, parts list, or a PT200 that still has good capacitors, I 
need the values of capacitors C19 and C15 on the power module/board. 
C19 _appears_ to be 1000uf @ 70v, but it's missing a couple numbers, 
and very corroded, so I can't be certain. C15 is so badly corroded that 
I can't even find any evidence of the original markings. Also, does 
anyone have a manual or any information about this terminal? There are 
two RJ-45 looking ports on the back labeled T1 and T2, and I don't know 
what they do...

Thanks!

Ian Primus
[email-masked]