Subject: RE: Two new Apple toys

From: "Feldman, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 28 01:25:17 2003

Not knowing much about Apples, how can I tell which ROM is on a IIgs
motherboard? I have one that I pulled from the trash, and don't need.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Zane H. Healy [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2003 5:18 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Two new Apple toys

> > These would also work in a IIgs wouldn't they?
> 
> Probably, but you don't need one for a ROM 03 IIgs -- they have built-in
> boot-over-LocalTalk support.

I wish I had a ROM 03 IIgs, but then I also wish I had room to have my IIe
and IIgs setup.  Unfortunatly all my Apple II stuff is in storage. :^(

		Zane

---

From: Cameron Kaiser <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 28 01:25:49 2003

> motherboard? I have one that I pulled from the trash, and don't need.

I don't know the numbers. It's easiest to fire it up and see what it says
on the bootup banner (a ROM 00 says nothing, ROM 01 and 03 both announce
themselves).

-- 
----------------------------- personal page: http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ --
 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * [email-masked]
-- Two wrongs don't make a right, but they do make a great TV movie. ----------