Subject: The Univac III (in trailer) is back

From: "Stuart Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 5 08:30:10 2003

Well, the Univac III is back: UNIVAC III Computer (In Storage since 1975),
eBay auction Item # 2733726990. This time the starting price is $7,500 and the
buy-it-now is $11,000.

The URL is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2733726990&category=1247

OK, somebody, jump right on it! :-)

(Not me, I'm into LITTLE computers like PDP-11's and VAXen, with an occasional
side dish of 6502 or 8085)
Stuart Johnson

---

From: "Rob O'Donnell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 5 08:30:27 2003

At 22:04 03/06/2003 -0500, Stuart Johnson wrote:

>eBay auction Item # 2733726990.
[snip]

>side dish of 6502 or 8085)

I'd quite like an 11/780 - used to work on them when I was an apprentice at 
Ferranti (why we didn't use our own machines more, when we built and sold 
them from the same factory, I don't know!) but I don't even have the room 
to set up the old home micro's I have...

As for the Univac .. he says "stored on a 40' Semi-Trailer (clean & 
Dry)"  Looking a the pictures, they don't look like they've been very 
dry.  Fronts of the cabinets all discoloured, and the cardboard boxes are 
stained.  I presume that even a bit of moisture would wreck anything this 
old?

Rob

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu Jun 5 08:30:29 2003

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, Rob O'Donnell wrote:

> dry.  Fronts of the cabinets all discoloured, and the cardboard boxes
> are stained.  I presume that even a bit of moisture would wreck anything
> this old?

There's quite a bit of stuff that would get wrecked, but if you have the
time and energy, most, if not all, of it can be fixed.

Peace...  Sridhar

---

From: "stephen johnston" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jun 7 19:26:47 2003

i have obtained a fair number of NOS ula's that i believe are for a sinclair spectrum.

part is:
FERRANTI
ULA 6C001E-7

does anybody have any detailed list of the machines these where used in?

i will be looking to sell some once i know what they fit into,does anybody need one?