Subject: RE: HP 5451c terminal cable

From: "Glen S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 26 06:18:55 2003

What kind of connector is on the system controller end?  A card edge 
connector on an I/O board or something else?

I have 264x terminal manuals at home that should have the pinout for the 
card edge connector on the terminal end and I can look that up later if no 
one else beats me to it.

I think the card edge connector on the terminal end is not difficult to 
obtain but the 48? conductor card edge connector on HP 1000 I/O cards is 
difficult to obtain if that's what you have on the system controller end.

>After pulling the parts of the system out of the store and trying to put it 
>all together I find that I am minus the cable that connects the display 
>terminal (an HP 2648A) to the system controller.  The connector at the 
>system controller end is marked 'teletype'.

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 26 06:29:30 2003

>difficult to obtain if that's what you have on the system controller end.

   I have a pile of HP 1000 cables and I can probably donate one for the connector. I THINK that many of the connectors are all the same but I'm not sure. If you can find the correct name and PN I may have the correct cable for it.

   Joe