Subject: Re: HP 80 Series Software

From: "Jay West" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 30 15:04:31 2003

Joe wrote...
>    I have some of the pacs but I don't have an 85 and drives set up right
> now. NO ONE has the HP 85 User's Library. It's been destroyed.

Hey, has anyone checked with the historical archives division of HP in (I
forget, either palo alto or cupertino)?? Perhaps they have a copy in a vault
somewhere?

Plus, wasn't there an HP-85 sold on ebay a while back that mentioned "Huge
user library of software" included? Might be worth an email...

Jay West

---

From: "RHahm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat May 31 18:27:27 2003

Clear DayDoes anyone have any software or "Pacs" for the the HP 85 or 87
they would be willing to share.  I could send you either 3.5 or 5.25
floppies if you could copy to discs. Also does anyone have a copy of the HP
85 User's Library?

Thanks,

Bob

[demime 1.01a removed an attachment of type application/octet-stream which had a name of Clear Day Bkgrd.JPG]

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat May 31 18:29:49 2003

I have some of the pacs but I don't have an 85 and drives set up right
now. NO ONE has the HP 85 User's Library. It's been destroyed. I spent a
lot of time tracking down the HP-85 User's Library and found that it was
given (sold?) to someone in Oregon that continued to sell programs for a
while. They later moved to Montana and left the library behind in a rental
unit. There's been no trace of it since so we can only assume that it was
scrapped by the unit owners. We've covered that here a couple of times
already. It's a long story, check the archives.  I do have a User's Library
Catalog but it's much to big and flimsy to copy.

    As you've probably already found out, the HP-85 drives are mostly
in-operable by now. The tapes also have some serious failures with age.
I've managed to fix a few drives and I been able to read SOME of the tapes.
But I found that the tapes usually fail COMPLETELY after a few uses. (Again
see the archives) For several years I tried to get people to send me
whatever tapes they had so that I could copy them to disk and preserve the
SW but no one cooperated so I've given up.

    Joe