Subject: RE: otrona parts?

From: "Feldman, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jul 1 08:54:34 2003

I can provide you with software (email me your mailing address off-list), but you should contact J.C. Wren to get the email of the fellow in Colorado who has been selling of Otrona parts on eBay. I believe he has manuals.

Bob

p.s., there is an Otrona 2001 on eBay now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2739274666&category=179

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 10:43 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: otrona parts?

   I've been playing with the Otrana Attache that I found last week. Cute
little machine. I think I might hold onto this one for a while but it's
missing some parts. Does anyone have a parts machine or parts that they're
willing to part with? I need the cross bar that runs between the handles,
software disks and manual, hinges for the keyboard and I LIKE to find one
of the 8086 processor cards for it.

   FWIW I took it apart and checked it this morning and I noticed something
funny. The no serial number anywhere on the outside of it but inside
EVERYTHING has the serial number on it. The INSIDE of the case, the
monitor, both disk drives, the power supply, the sheet metal, etc are all
numbered 4616 but there's no number anywhere on the outside.

    Joe

---

From: "Feldman, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jul 5 15:40:42 2003

I finally remembered to pull out my Attache 8:16 last night. There _is_ a serial number on the outside, under the right front corner, below the "Attache" name (mine is 7840). It's stamped on a small metal plate and glued in a shallow recess, so it could have been lost.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 10:43 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: otrona parts?

   I've been playing with the Otrana Attache that I found last week. 
<snip>

    Joe

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jul 7 21:15:03 2003

At 07:05 AM 7/3/03 -0600, Robert_Feldma wrote:
>I finally remembered to pull out my Attache 8:16 last night. There _is_ a
serial number on the outside, under the right front corner, below the
"Attache" name (mine is 7840). It's stamped on a small metal plate and
glued in a shallow recess, so it could have been lost.
>Bob

    Hey, You're right. I got mine out today and looked it does have the SN
on the outside. It's on the bottom right in the front RH corner.  I got the
software today and it runs like a champ!  Thanks for the help.

   Joe