Subject: HP 97935 Media Module (Disk Pack)

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 21 11:59:53 2003

Picked up two of these yesterday. Anyone know what drive they fit?  They have seven platters and are roughly 12" in diameter. Marked 404 Mb.

    Joe

---

From: Jarkko Teppo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Mar 23 09:45:16 2003

>    Picked up two of these yesterday. Anyone know what drive they fit?  They have seven platters and are roughly 12" in diameter. Marked 404 Mb.

HP 7933 ? I don't have mine at home so can't check. Don't throw them away :-)
-- 
jht

---

From: Frank McConnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Mar 23 09:46:57 2003

Jarkko Teppo <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >    Picked up two of these yesterday. Anyone know what drive they
> >fit?  They have seven platters and are roughly 12" in
> >diameter. Marked 404 Mb.
> 

Yes, HP 7933 and 7935 drives.

7933 is the "fixed-pack" version of the 7935.  Pretty much the same
drive but the load/unload button is blank and doesn't do anything when
you push it.

There was an earlier version of the pack for the 7933 (which was
shipped before the 7935); it wasn't as robust and there was an HP
field service program to replace those older packs with the newer ones
in drives with support contracts.  Of course this involved scheduling
time when the customer could back up and restore all the data on the
drive (or volume set).

-Frank McConnell

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Mar 23 18:51:29 2003

>HP 7933 ? I don't have mine at home so can't check. Don't throw them away :-)

  I'm not. I added them to my "junk" storage.

   Joe