Subject: Reading PDP-8 paper tapes

From: Peter Turnbull <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jun 29 18:26:08 2003

A long-time acquaintance of mine (Graham Toal, whom some of you may
know) has access to a collection of PDP-8 paper tape which wants
reading.  Unfortunately some of it is in the care of the Royal Musuem
in Edinburgh, who won't let it out of their sight.

Does anyone -- preferably in the UK -- have a paper tape reader that
could be hooked up to a modern machine (eg a laptop) to read the tapes
in the museum, and which they'd be willing to lend?

To see what Graham and friends are doing, take a look at
http://history.dcs.ed.ac.uk/   It's worth a look even if you're not
interested in Edinburgh.

I know Graham reads the list, so replies here or to me are fine.

-- 
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager
						University of York

---

From: "W.B.(Wim) Hofman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jul 2 19:38:56 2003

Peter,

I think I have a 20ma 1200 baud DEC PRS-01 papertapereader , I could miss
for some time. It is located in Arnhem, The Netherlands, not so far from
where Ed Groenenberg lives. With an RS232C-20ma convertor it could be
connected to any PC.

Wim