Subject: Data conversion (Commodore 64, 8250 Disk Drive, SuperBase)

From: Lance Semmens <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jul 26 22:23:03 2003

I have 4 disks (5 1/4 floppies) full of data that I'm looking to import into
an Access Database.
The data was written on a Commodore 64 with an 8250 double disk drive. The
custom software 
that was being used sat on top of a SuperBase database.

If anyone has the means to convert this data or can offer some tips as to
how I could go about
doing this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Lance.

---

From: "TeoZ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jul 26 22:26:24 2003

If a commodore 1571 drive can read your disk you can connect the 1571 direct
to a pc via parrallel port  and use software to dump the files directly to
the pc. Converting the database to access might be a problem if the format
isnt standard.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2743816122&category=1247

I have used this type of cable to copy files from a pc to a 1541 drive and
back , supports 1571 (double sided 5.25)