Subject: level0 backups...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon Jul 21 14:45:57 2003

Hi.

   I have some tapes, marked /usr level0 unix backup vol1.

They appear to have come from an 11/750 (or 780) running UCB Unix 4.1 around 
83-84'ish  I have tried some commercial PC/WIN software I've used in the past 
to look at them, but they are coming up unlabelled tapes.

   If I install some OpenBSD Unix on a spare drive, can I perform a restore 
from this format and put the image into some subfolder???

Thanks,
Curt

---

From: emanuel stiebler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jul 22 19:21:49 2003

> from this format and put the image into some subfolder???

Should work, if not, the chances are much better on *BSD to find 
software which can read the tapes ...

Worst case, just make images of the tapes.

And, if there is anything on them of any interest, please don't forget 
about the www.tuhs.org ;-)

cheers