Subject: FS: Cyrix chips

From: Patrick Finnegan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 10 10:54:59 2003

I remember seeing a thread on here a month or two ago about someone
wanting a Cyrix Fastmath and/or a Cyrix 486 upgrade for a 386 socket.  I
grabbed a 33MHz and 40MHz pair of each, on 386 motherboard.  If anyone's
interested, I'm asking $5 each board plus shipping.  I'm in West
Lafayette, IN.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS
Information Technology at Purdue
Research Computing and Storage
http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/

---

From: "Fred N. van Kempen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 10 10:55:07 2003

Hi all,

Does anyone have a copy of MicroRSX V4.x which I can install
on a MicroPDP-11/53 ?  I have a very old version (label says
V1 !) but although it will install on the /53, it freezes
after the final reboot, probably when it hits some feature
specific to the /53.

Cheers,
	Fred

---

From: "Zane H. Healy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 10 10:55:51 2003

> after the final reboot, probably when it hits some feature

Why on earth are you looking for a copy of MicroRSX?  The system can run
RSX-11M or M+, either of which are far better.

		Zane

---

From: "Fred N. van Kempen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 11 22:22:21 2003

> RSX-11M or M+, either of which are far better.

Yeah, well, the guy that owns the box used to run MicroRSX on it,
and asked if it could be made to run that again.

So, teh question is: is it around?

Cheers,
	Fred

---

From: Patrick Finnegan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jun 22 19:28:32 2003

I just thought I'd re-post this to see if anyone is interested.  They
might get tossed if no one speaks up soon.
---
I remember seeing a thread on here a month or two ago about someone
wanting a Cyrix Fastmath and/or a Cyrix 486 upgrade for a 386 socket.  I
grabbed a 33MHz and 40MHz pair of each, on 386 motherboard.  If anyone's
interested, I'm asking $5 each pair including shipping.  I'm in West
Lafayette, IN.

Pat

---

From: Patrick Finnegan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jun 22 19:30:11 2003

Well, they're gone already.  Thanks for the interest.

Pat