Subject: Re: RS/6000 Console Help

From: Steven Nikkel <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 17 00:20:37 2003

Tried connecting pins 6 & 8 on a 9 pin and still no luck.

>If I remember, try connecting pins 6&8 together and see if that helps.
>
>(we have a special adapter that does just that).
>
>-Bob

---

From: Bob Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 17 12:10:51 2003

6&8 on a 25-pin.

-Bob

> >(we have a special adapter that does just that).

[email-masked]   ####  ####    Bob Brown - KB9LFR
Harper Community College   ##  ##  ##    Systems Administrator
Palatine IL USA            ####  ####    Saved by grace

---

From: Peter Turnbull <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 17 14:36:18 2003

> 6&8 on a 25-pin.

6 and 8 are DSR and DCD; linking those is not likely to make much
difference.  You're probably thinking of linking 6 to 20 (DSR and DTR)
or even linking 6 and 8 to 20.  Might also be worth linking 4 (RTS) to
5 (CTS).

The equivalents on a PC-compatible 9-pin D-connector are linking 4
(DTR) to 6 (DSR) and 1 (DCD), and linking 7 (RTS) to 8 (CTS).

Of course, if this is not a PC-compatible 9-pin (which is *not* a
standard) then all bets are off.

-- 
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager
						University of York