Subject: RE: scanning booklets for archive

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jul 26 21:53:30 2003

>He could sell or give away the paper version once it's been
>scanned (although slicing it to bits may make this harder and
>not slicing it to bits means the scanning takes longer). I guess
>selling it might be sufficient motive to take longer over the
>scanning and not slice a manual.

So far none of the stuff I have scanned I think has any selling value 
(some of it was already offered on this list and no one took it, I 
actually pulled it from the garbage to scan them).

Anything that I think has value I will certainly either take the effort 
to scan without damaging it, or find out if there is value BEFORE I 
destroy it.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Sat Jul 26 22:05:19 2003

> So far none of the stuff I have scanned I think has any selling value 

Err, if it's worth scanning, then it must have value to someone, and 
therefore it's worth preserving the original.

-tony