Subject: ADMIN -> Re: List shenanigans?

From: "Jay West" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jul 25 20:49:00 2003

*sigh*

Please, PLEASE would people READ this once? This has come up on the list
several times before.

I saw Sellam say that he's getting double posts. There are two things that
will cause this. One is server to server mail delivery problems - possibly,
but not necessarily, our server here. More than likely, the remote server (I
can usually tell if it's ours, and I have not seen that error mode in a
while). In Sellam's case, I suspect it's his mail server or likely somewhere
upstream from his.

The other thing that will cause this is if a user has subscribed to both
cctech and cctalk, at the same time. I just took the time to check the three
users who chimed in with "me too", and guess what... all 3 of you are
subscribed to BOTH lists, and none of you have one set to "no email".

So, as the web page where you sign up CLEARLY states.... you should
subscribe to one list view, or the other, NOT BOTH. So, Michael Nadeau,
Christian Groessler, Chris (and any others getting dupliate emails), please
pick ONE list view, and unsubscribe from the other one. Your problems will
go away.

Remember, cctech and ccalk are not two separate lists. They are the same
list, just anything offtopic is dev/null'd on the cctech view. All posts on
cctech DO show up on cctalk immediately. Any posts on cctalk that are
on-topic, DO show up on cctech.

Hope that clears it up!

Jay West

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jul 26 23:00:39 2003

Is it just me or is the list dumping the same messages over and over
again?

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *

---

From: "Michael Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jul 26 23:09:58 2003

I'm getting it, too. The same groups of messages several hours apart.

--Mike

Michael Nadeau
Editor/Publisher
Classic Tech, the Vintage Computing Resource
www.classictechpub.com

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat Jul 26 23:24:10 2003

It happens for me intermittently, but hasn't happened in weeks.

Peace...  Sridhar

---

From: [email-masked] (Fritz Chwolka)
Date: Sat Jul 26 23:34:13 2003

>on-topic, DO show up on cctech.

Thanks .. that will clear the same problem I noticed here at my
subscription.

Greetings from 
Fritz Chwolka

<collecting old computers just for fun>
> www.alterechner.de <

---

From: Mike Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jul 27 19:59:37 2003

>will cause this. One is server to server mail delivery problems - possibly,

Dunno if this is related, but when I hit reply (default to all) I get this 
in the to: field, [email-masked], [email-masked]