Subject: New Finds: SWTPC :-)

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jul 9 19:32:16 2003

A friend of mine picked up about 30 boxs of electronics parts, data
books, evaluation kits, parts samples, etc at a local flea market last
week. Today I was helping him go through the stuff and I spotted some
familar looking boards. I picked one up and remarked that it looked like
something for the SWTPCs. Then THE very next board that I picked up was
marked "SWTPC" so I knew I was onto somehting good. I dug through the boxs
and got 6+ boxs of disks with software for the FLEX OS (used on the SWTPCs)
and found six circuit boards for the SWTPCs. Here's the list: (1) SWTPC
MP-09 - Replacement CPU board for the SWTPC computers, uses 6809 CPU. This
is a MP-09, not an A or B.  (2) A Southeastern Micro Systems DDC-16 Floppy
Drive Controller. (3) A Tanner Computers SS-50 64k memory board, uses 2716
EPROMs or 6116 S RAMs. This one has the S RAMS installed. (4) A SWTPC MP-R
2716 EPROM burner card. (5) A SWTPC MP-T Interrupt Timer board. It's
implemented with a 5009 programmable counter/ divider and 6820 PIA ICs and
provides software selectable interrupts of 1 usec, 10 usec, 100 usec, 1
msec, 10 msec, 20 msec, 100 msec, 1 sec, 10 sec, 100 sec, 1 min, 10 min or
1 hour. (6) A Gimix 2 port Serial Interface board. Fits the SS-30 socket
and uses two MC68B50s. I found everything else described on Michal Holley's
SWTPC site but not this one. Does anyone have any details on it?

   Pretty good haul, specailly considering that I didn't have to go
anywhere and find it :-)

   Joe