Subject: Inquiry about Classic Computers Collectors List

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed Apr 30 00:34:01 2003

To Whom It May Concern:

From 1977 to 1991, I worked for General Electric, Honeywell, Magnetic 
Peripherals, Control Data, Imprimis, and Seagate. I am interested in staying 
in touch with people/computers of that era. Is your list for me?

Richard
Oklahoma City, OK  73118
Email    [email-masked]

---

From: Jeffrey Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 2 01:20:19 2003

On Monday, April 28, 2003, [email-masked] wrote:
> Peripherals, Control Data, Imprimis, and Seagate. I am interested in
> staying in touch with people/computers of that era. Is your list for me?
> 
> Richard Oklahoma City, OK  73118 Email    [email-masked]

I'm not exactly of that era (I'm 24), but I love machines that are.  I'm
also located in the OKC Metro.  I live in Norman and work for a large
company near Classen and Western.  I have a medium-sized collection of
mostly DEC PDP-11s, VAXen, and old Suns.  I also help administrate this
list.

I think you would have an enjoyable time as a list member.  There are two
ways to subscribe.  The first is cctalk, which is unmoderated and delivered
immediately.  The second is cctech, which is moderated for topic and
delivered after an average delay of 12 hours.  Please be aware that both
share the same on-topic messages, so you should only subscribe to one of the
two.  Subscribing to both will get you nothing but duplicate messages.

See our web site at: http://www.classiccmp.org/

It would be great to have someone else from my area on the list.  AFAIK the
closest existing subscriber is in Fort Worth.

-- 
Jeffrey Sharp

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Fri May 2 01:20:38 2003

> in touch with people/computers of that era. Is your list for me?

I believe it is.

The classiccmp list covers all machines 10 years old or older. So the 
period you're interested in is most certainly on-topic here. Now 
admittedly most of the messages from that period seem to concern home 
micros or DEC minis, but that's because that's what most of us have at 
home :-). Messages on other machines/peripherals are most certainly 
welcome.

-tony

---

From: John Boffemmyer IV <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun May 4 01:24:59 2003

Ooh, Seagate, very helpful definitely one to keep in the address book =)
-John

>closest existing subscriber is in Fort Worth.

----------------------------------------
Founder, Lead Writer, Tech Analyst
and Web Designer Boff-Net Technologies
http://boff-net.dhs.org/index.html
---------------------------------------