Subject: Re: FA-PDT-11/150 on eBay

From: "Steve Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jun 2 07:58:25 2003

Steve Jones wrote:
> The PDT has no Qbus.

I should hedge my bets here: There is no Qbus backplane in the
PDT-11/150. There are some stacking connectors between two dual-
height sized boards (serial ports and memory) on top and the
middle board, which carries the CPU complex. I believe the bottom
board in the stack is the floppy controller - not sure if the
console circuitry (8085 based?) is on that or the middle board.

Now, where on earth do I have the docs for that critter...

--Steve.

smj(at)spamfree.crash.com   (lose spamfree to get through, m'kay?)

---

From: Megan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 3 16:11:31 2003

>The PDT-11/150 was reportedly available with one or two RX01
>drives, and three serial ports with another three optional. I've
>only seen the one I own, which has both drives and six ports.
>There're no other expansion options that I can recall.

I've never seen one with only one drive, but I have seen some
which didn't have the extra 3-line option.

>In fact it's sitting in the dining room with a VT100 waiting to
>be powered up to check some 8" floppies I received a while back.
>I'm in the process of bringing up a VAX 4000/500 I recently
>received and it'd be a hoot to connect the PDT to it.

Remember, after powering it on, you type two '@' to autobaud and
boot the unit.

>Did RT-11 ever include DECnet support? Probably so, but as of
>what version? I don't recall seeing mention of it with whatever
>version came with the PDT, and I'd be amazed if the PDT could
>support it...

RT never came with DECnet support... DECnet was, however, available
for it as a 'layered product'.  The DECnet available for RT was
Phase III, asynch/sync support only.  No Phase IV/Ethernet.  I know
of someone who actually had a PDT running RT on the DEC internal
network at one point...

					Megan

---

From: Megan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 3 16:11:33 2003

>console circuitry (8085 based?) is on that or the middle board.

The interrupt processor on the PDT is an 8085(A)...

					Megan