Subject: AXP 7000 startup, now doing OSF/1

From: Gunther Schadow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 31 19:06:38 2003

Hi,

I have installed OSF/1 on the AXP 7000 and it's working. Quite a bit
more snappy than the VAX6460. Man, I have no room for this machine
left and now I love it so much!

I'd give you login account (over my dialup IP) just the problem I
am having is that after I built the custom kernel it still won't
let any user other than root login. It says "too many users logged
in alread, try again later". And that with zero users logged in
at the time. Can you think of any file I might be overlooking?
I can only think of /etc/nologin or something. My maxusers is at 32
in the kernel configuration. I can't think why this would not be
correct in the kernel.

regards,
-Gunther

---

From: Lord Isildur <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 31 19:10:40 2003

this is probably the license issue becoming an issue... 

isildur