Subject: Powering up for the first time

From: Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 24 12:23:04 2003

I originally posted this the the comp.sys.ibm-as400 group but other than 
someone wanting the disks I hd no replies, so I'll try here.

 I have connected everything and  it is now time to power up my AS400 9404.

 There were 6 disks in the box with it.  I'm not certain I have picked the
 correct 3 to start.

 What message might I see if the disks are not loaded in the correct order?
 Or might there be a label on the drive that takes care of that?

 Is there any external markings, of jumpers that might indicate the correct
 order?

 If it works, is there a way to gt to single user mode, or bypass the
 password?

 If I I get stuck is there a way to cleanly shutdown?

 If all else fails is there any interest in 9404 parts?

Mike
-- 
Ottawa, Canada

Collector of vintage computers
http://www.ncf.ca/~ba600