Subject: Re: Anyone need spare Printronix parts?

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 26 06:17:06 2003

>I'm scrapping a Printronix P-300 printer and thought
>I'd check to see if anyone needed any parts before
>it hits the scrapper.

I've got one as well that is available for parts. Everything in mine 
should be good other than the power supply (was working fine when the 
power supply blew, a repair tech said the transformer in it is dead).

I may also have some unopened ribbons for it. I probably also still have 
a few extra fuses for the power supply (I bought them when it first died, 
and when it blew the next set, I called in a repair guy to look at it)

And mine is mounted on a rolling stand, and has a paper catch bin for the 
output. 

Are these things worth anything at a scrap yard? I've been planning to 
just flip mine into the dumpster one of these days (its in a back corner 
of an unused section of office space, so I just keep forgetting about it).

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed Mar 26 06:17:50 2003

> Are these things worth anything at a scrap yard? 

2 to 5 cents (US) per pound as Motor Breakage. They are heavy.

Paxton
Astoria, OR

---

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 26 06:18:33 2003

>2 to 5 cents (US) per pound as Motor Breakage. They are heavy.

Ok... not enough to worry about. I'm not sure how much it weighs, but 
even at 500 lbs (which it isn't) and 5 cents per pound... that's only 25 
bucks.

The nearest public scrap yard that I am aware of is a good 25 minutes 
away, plus I would need to line up a van to cart it. I'm not sure the 
effort is worth a max of 25 dollars.

Of course, knowing my speedyness on this, I can probably just take it 
with me the next time I go to one of my remote offices... there is a 
scapper 5 minutes down the road from them. Provided the line isn't too 
long, I can take it there (and if it is long, I can just take it there 
and dump it for free... that is what I usually do when I have to junk 
stuff there).

-chris