Subject: otrona parts?

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jun 29 18:46:22 2003

I've been playing with the Otrana Attache that I found last week. Cute
little machine. I think I might hold onto this one for a while but it's
missing some parts. Does anyone have a parts machine or parts that they're
willing to part with? I need the cross bar that runs between the handles,
software disks and manual, hinges for the keyboard and I LIKE to find one
of the 8086 processor cards for it.

   FWIW I took it apart and checked it this morning and I noticed something
funny. The no serial number anywhere on the outside of it but inside
EVERYTHING has the serial number on it. The INSIDE of the case, the
monitor, both disk drives, the power supply, the sheet metal, etc are all
numbered 4616 but there's no number anywhere on the outside.

    Joe

---

From: Don Maslin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jul 1 08:54:11 2003

> numbered 4616 but there's no number anywhere on the outside.

Surprisingly, that seems to be pretty typical.

						- don