Subject: Looking for new maintainer for DECVAX.ORG and PDP11.ORG

From: Bill Bradford <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jul 6 17:25:45 2003

Hey, everyone.  I resubscribed to cctalk tonight.

I'm way too swamped lately (in fact, for the past year or two) to 
adequately maintain the PDP11.ORG and DECVAX.ORG domain(s) and web
sites.

I'm looking for someone, fairly involved with the community, who would 
like to take over ownership of the domains, web sites, etc.  I can keep
hosting the DNS (if you wish), or provide secondary/backup DNS if 
needed.  I just don't have the time to work on them anymore, and have
moved away from older DEC stuff.

My only "requirement" is that whomever takes over this project (whether
it be one person, or two people; one for VAX and one for PDP) is that you
put some effort into it, that you be knowledgeable about the subject 
matter, and that you don't just let the sites languish.  

Getting reimbursed for the $30 I've spent on renewing the domains this 
year would be nice, but not required. 8-)

I've also got about a truck-full (maybe a station wagon load, maybe 
less) of old DEC documentation, handbooks, software on paper tape, a 
disc pack or two... Jeff Sharp has seen my garage.  8-)  I can't ship any
of it (unless you provide a FedEx or UPS account number to bill to), and 
would like to avoid throwing it in the trash.  At least 3-4 "storage tubs"
of manuals and documentation, a mixed VMS 4/5 "orange wall", and various
other things.

If you're interested, please contact me by email.  I don't have time for
DEC/PDP stuff anymore, and need the space in my garage back - but want 
it all to go to someone worthwhile.

Bill

-- 
bill bradford
[email-masked]
austin, texas

---

From: Christopher McNabb <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jul 6 17:25:51 2003

> adequately maintain the PDP11.ORG and DECVAX.ORG domain(s) and web
Bill, I'd be willing to host www.pdp11.org on my workstation at Virginia
Tech.

---

From: Bill Bradford <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jul 6 17:26:09 2003

> Bill, I'd be willing to host www.pdp11.org on my workstation at Virginia

Looks like I'm going to be handing it all over to Jay West, who will
be hosting it on the same equipment as classiccmp.

Bill

-- 
bill bradford
[email-masked]
austin, texas

---

From: Mark Tapley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jul 9 19:35:06 2003

>it all to go to someone worthwhile.

I don't have room to keep this, but if anyone is interested in this, 
could likely help with a "rescue". Let me know when/if you want to 
set something up.

-- 
					- Mark
			210-522-6025, page 888-733-0967