Subject: Re: Well, I was at Fry's in CA...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed Jul 2 19:37:46 2003

In a message dated 7/1/2003 11:58:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

<< Hey if your lazy like me you will find places on the net to mailorder
 anything and have it dropped off at your house for cheaper then what you can
 buy it new with tax at the store. I would die without www.google.com.
 
 On a side note does anybody else get the feeling that UPS, USPS, and FEDEX
 love EBAY because of all the $1.99 treasures you find there that cost $5-XXX
 or more for shipping to get it to your house? >>

oh yes. I saw a nice PS/2 model 80  on ebay with the blue lightning upgrade 
and SCSI drives and pretty much maxed out. It was very cheap, but shipping 
would have been cost prohibitive.

---

From: Chad Fernandez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jul 2 19:38:51 2003

> would have been cost prohibitive.

Recently???

I think I paid about $40 in shipping my Model 80, with a Replyboard. 
That was about 3 years ago though.

I also got the Image Adapter/A or whatever it's called..... the one with 
the 13w3 connector that was quite expensive, and got it all for less 
than the shipping costs :-)

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA