Subject: Commodore 16 Power Supply

From: "h.ahonen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Apr 15 21:33:47 2003

Hi,
Can someone please help me.
I have a Commodore 16 computer without Power Supply.
I understan it requires 9VDC source at 1A.
What is the polarity of the connector? Is plus (+) on the center pin or on the sleeve?
Thanks
Hank Ahonen
email:  [email-masked]

---

From: "Dr. Ido" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Apr 16 21:24:01 2003

>email:  [email-masked]

Center pin negative.  A Sega master system or megadrive/genesis 1 power
supply will work.

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Wed Apr 16 21:30:06 2003

> What is the polarity of the connector? Is plus (+) on the center pin 

THe service manual doesn't actually show the connector, it just numbers 
the 2 connections '1' and '2'. However, it's clear from the schematic 
that the +ve side goes to the power switch (a single pole device), so it 
should be easy to check which this is with an ohmmeter. The -ve 
connection goes to the systgem 0V rail, which should also be easy to 
find. I _think_, from looking at the PCB overlay, that the centre is 
-ve, but check this before blowing up the machine!

-tony