Subject: Looking for data on the MAN2815 display and Nat'l Semi DS8867

From: M H Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 21:39:17 2003

-------------------------Original Message-----------------------------
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 07:29:01 -0800 (PST)
From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
Subject: Looking for data on the MAN2815 display and Nat'l Semi DS8867

<snippage>
...I'm trying to assist in the reverse engineering and can *not* find any data 
on the LED display itself, a MAN2815, nor one of the chips that seems to 
be driving it, a National DS8867.

I have googled for an hour looking for them.  No results.

Anybody heard of these parts?

-ethan
------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't help ya with the display, but I do have specs on the DS8867:
8-segment constant current LED driver for 3 and 4 cell battery 
systems, designed to be driven from MOS circuit(s).

Pins 1-8: Input 1-8, 10V max
Pins 17-10: Output 1-8, 14ma typical
Vcc:18, 6V max
GND:9

Sorry, don't see a segment map in the databook; assume 1=a etc.
Anything else ya need to know?

mike