Subject: Re: DF32x4 questions; software needed

From: David Gesswein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 7 12:42:58 2003

>From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
>--- "Dr. Charles E. Morris" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> registers... Ethan Dicks has pointed out that I should look at the
>> drivers in OS8 and TSS8 to see if this will be a compatibility problem.
>>
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic/computer-science/history/pdp-8/os8/os8.v3d/sources/system/dectapes/dectape2/

ftp://ftp.dbit.com/pub/pdp8/tss8

>As I mentioned earlier, I've only done some basic DF32 twiddling
>from a PDP-8/i to prove that the interface mostly worked (and to
>diagnose my repairs of a smoked rotation sensor board).  I've never
>had the joy of an 8K machine + DF32s, so I've never had an OS to
>explore them.
>
4k and 1 DF32 is enough for Disk Monitor System.  I built an image with the 
standard programs and put it at
ftp://ftp.pdp8.net/software/dms/
The paper tapes images to build it and the manual are pointed to in the 
readme.  It was installed for 8k since my 8/i is 8k but can be installed for 
4k.  I also have programs to dump and restore DF32 images over the console 
port.  They aren't online yet since they need a little more cleanup but I 
can send you a copy.

Let me know if you need any help.

David Gesswein
http://www.pdp8.net/  -- Run an old computer with blinkenlights.