Subject: Interfacing HP82905A Printer to HP85

From: "RHahm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Apr 8 12:34:30 2003

Hello,

I am having trouble getting an HP 82905A Option 002 dot matrix printer to
work with my HP85.

This printer appears to have two interfaces on the back. One appears to be a
serial or parallel interface and the other is an HP-IB. There are no dip
switch srttings on the back for setting the HP-IB address. Under a small
cover on top I noticed a 6 position dip switch set with switches 1 and 2
"on" and 3 - 6 "off".

I tried printer is 700, printer is 703, etc.

I then set all the switches to on and then to off trying Printer is 700
without success.

Unfortunately I do not have a manual for the printer. The printer on line
light is on and I have paper in the machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks once again,

RH

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun Apr 13 00:42:57 2003

The manual is available at
	<http://www.series80.org/Manuals/HP82905B.pdf>

The www.series80.org site contains scanned manuals, programs and
pictures of the HP Series computers and peripherals.

**vp