Subject: Re: Web is just a fancy 3270 session

From: "David Gari" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jun 7 19:28:33 2003

(quote)
I was just typing a message into a web forum, hit the post reply button,
and while I am waiting I realize, SHEESH, this is just an graphical upgrade
of the 3270 CICS I was running 20 years ago. Except not as fast.
(end quote)

There are other differences:

No viri.
No pop-ups.
No spam.
No anonymous morons.
No evil cookies dropped onto your machine, 3rd party or otherwise.
No audio, just peace and (beep) quiet.

Oh yeah; no graphics, no mouse, no point-and-click.

If the speed bothers you, get a faster connection.  I just wonder if 
improving the user interface to the point where monkeys can use it is an 
evolutionary step forward or backward....

-David Gari

_________________________________________________________________
MSN 8 with e-mail virus protection service: 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

---

From: "Mike Ross" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 10 10:51:59 2003

>Message: 31
>From: "David Gari" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Re: Web is just a fancy 3270 session
>
>(quote)

Christmas tree?

Mike
http://www.corestore.org

_________________________________________________________________
Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail