Subject: Re: pdp-11/35 question...

From: "Mike Ross" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 3 23:27:09 2003

>>Any suggestions on building an 11/35... any other DEC boxes use the same 
>>power supply? I've a couple of 11/40 KD11-A backplanes, was >>thinking 
>>vaguely

>I thought the 10.5" version of the 11/35 went into a BA11-K box, with > the 
>PSU across the back. The same box is used for the 10.5" version
>of the 11/05, 11/10, 11/34. You would haev to select the right PSU bricks 
>for the memory your'e using -- you'd need a 20V regulator if you're fitting 
>core, for example.

Tony,

That's the bugger! You just gave me the clue: one of my pdp-15s had the 
power supply for the XVM-15 memory box robbed before I got it; 'they' wanted 
to keep it for spares for pdp-11s. (It used the same 'black box' regulator 
bricks).

Getting the -15 running was a higher priority that keeping my 11/35 intact, 
so I 'sacrificed' the power supply from my 11/35 to power the pdp-15 memory. 
The remains of the old 11/35 chassis must be lurking in a corner, that's why 
I couldn't find it.

This is good news, it means I'll be able to build a 10.5" 11/35 (which is 
what I want) out of the chassis of the 11/34 I just bought on ePay... :-)  I 
had no idea if the chassis/PSU was even vaguely similar... memory failing!

I will of course pay due attention to the regulators required.

Thanks to all who replied

Mike
http://www.corestore.org

_________________________________________________________________
Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail