Subject: Cool new find!

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 16 10:22:53 2003

Went to one of my favorite scrounging places today and found that they
had a forest of HP cabinents! They had all been dumped off of a truck and
were piled up and leaning on each other like a bunch of dominoes. I stood
up as many as I could and nearly lost three fingers in the process when a
HP tape drive swung open and scissored on my hand! Luckily someone else was
there to grab the drive and swing it closed. But it was worth it! I found a
lot of HP 7970E tape drives, a bunch of HP 7912 disk drives (and some of
them even say that their heads were locked down!), a HP Multiprogrammer, a
bunch of HP power supplies AND (drum roll!) ONE LOADED HP 1000!  This beast
is a 2117F and has the floating point unit, an expansion chassis, a 13037D
(MAC?) disk drive interface, a 7906D disk drive and a 7970 Tape drive and
even the battery power backup.  The computer is LOADED. It has 3x 256k
(words) high performance memory boards, 2x 512k HS error correcting memory
baords, an ECC memory controller, a I/O Buffer card, two sets of 7970 tape
drive controller cards, two Line Printer controller cards, a time base
card, a 13037 interface card, an HP-IB interface and three BACI
(communications) cards and the manadatory MEM, DC PC and Mem Protect cards.
The expansion chassis has three programmable direct connect serial
interfaces, a BUS I/O card, and two more BACI cards. I got EVERYTHING that
wasn't nailed down including the cables!  The CPU has the followoing Loader
ROMs installed; 264x Terminal, "12992-50000", 79xx Disk and 7905/20 Disk.
Does anyone know what the "12992-50000" is?  12992 is the right pre-fix for
the loader rom PNs but I've heard of a -50000 ROM and it's not listed in
any of the docs that I can find.

   Joe

---

From: David Woyciesjes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 16 10:24:47 2003

Joe wrote:
> had a forest of HP cabinents!
> ...  The computer is LOADED... I got EVERYTHING that
> wasn't nailed down including the cables!...

	Hot damn... Nice score. So, just how many cabinets were there that you
got?

--
---   Dave Woyciesjes
---   ICQ# 905818

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 16 10:26:27 2003

>	Hot damn... Nice score. So, just how many cabinets were there that you

    I got everything from one cabinent and a few bits from the 2nd one. I
didn't get the 7970 and 7906 from the second cabinent.  There are about 16
- 18 more cabinents that I didn't touch (yet!).

     Joe