Subject: Re: Mac Classic

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 14 12:54:46 2003

>Have a mac classic that I gave to one of the local kids a few months 
>back.  Apparently a visiting  friend was fiddling with it and
>has somehow gotten it into magnify mode.  IIRC, it's system 7.something.  
>Can't figure out how to turn it off.  It's on maximum
>magnfiy apparently, can only see a very tiny part of anything, even a 
>single word takes more than the entire screen which makes it
>real hard to use the GUI.
>Is there a keyboard shortcut that will turn the $%^& thing off??

They have accidentally activated CloseView, a control panel designed to 
magnify the screen for people with vision problems.

To deactivate it, type Command-Option-O (hold the command key, that's the 
cloverleaf, apple key, the option key, and the letter O all at the same 
time).

To permanantly disable it, remove the CloseView icon from the Control 
Panels folder and reboot the Mac.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>