Subject: Want to buy a book about Bill Gates?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu Mar 27 21:39:48 2003

Ha ha, yes, seriously. I have a couple of new copies of the book, "Overdrive: 
Bill Gates and the Race to Control Cyberspace" by James Wallace. Paperback, 
320 pages, 1997. This was the sequel to "Hard Drive" and is the story of 
Microsoft's response to Netscape's challenge to control the web browser 
market. A pretty good read, as well as the original book. Anyway, just $5 
gets you a copy shipped!

Also, if anyone is interested, I've got one more thing to hock:

A sealed VHS video, "Apple's Operating System Strategy, March 1997" and a 
sealed CD, "The 1997 Apple MacAdvocate CD-ROM." This set is an excellent 
snap-shot of the state of Apple in Mid-1997, when Steve Jobs returned. The 
tape is just 15 minutes, but is great entertainment, with an explanation of 
the "future" of the Mac OS, when it incorporates the NeXT OS. Remember the 
blue box? A great feature is a presentation by Steve Jobs showing how easy it 
is to create a simple app in NeXTSTEP. The CD has all kinds of information on 
it, including the following folders: Read Me First!, Presentations, Goodies, 
Comments?, Free Stuff!, Welcome from Guy!, Apple Products, MacOS, Product 
Info, System 7.6 Demos, AppleFacts, and all of these Commercials: 
1984_BIG.MOV, STEWART.MOV, DINOSAUR.MOV, ASTRONMY.MOV, SPIKELEE.MOV, 
SALESREP.MOV, GATES.MOV, KAWASAKI.MOV, HIGHTIDE.MOV, MMATLIN.MOV, INTERN
ET.MOV, VALVOLIN.MOV, CURVEBAL.MOV, CRANBRIS.MOV, CROWD.MOV, BMW.MOV. $10 
shipped!

Thanks, David

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 28 08:39:36 2003

>market. A pretty good read, as well as the original book. Anyway, just $5 

   Where do we send the money?

   Joe