Subject: DEC RRD40S Drive... Caddy?

From: "James W. Brinkerhoff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 31 20:02:23 2003

Available device  DKB100:                          device type RRD40S

I have one of these in my VAXserver 3100...  It appears to take a caddy?   Is this the type of thing I could hope to find on ebay?

-jwb

-- 
## James W. Brinkerhoff <[email-masked]>
##
## GPG Key Sig: EBF1 6C24 0814 A3E9 6E93  649C 1F25 D807 E484 C9B9

[demime 1.01a removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]

---

From: "Bob Lafleur" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 31 20:02:51 2003

I would expect those caddys are pretty easy to find. Ebay would be a
good bet.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of James W. Brinkerhoff
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2003 6:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: DEC RRD40S Drive... Caddy?

I have one of these in my VAXserver 3100...  It appears to take a caddy?
Is this the type of thing I could hope to find on ebay?

-jwb

---

From: "Dr. Ido" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 31 20:05:46 2003

>I would expect those caddys are pretty easy to find. Ebay would be a

The RRD40 uses an early Phillips drive.  The caddies are different to those
used by everyone else.  There's a bad picture of them here:

http://www.montagar.com/~patj/vaxstation3100-48.htm

Judging by how awkward it is to change the CD in one I think the original
idea was to have a caddy for each CD you intend to use.  I may still have
one around here somewhere, but I wouldn't know where to start looking for
it at the moment.

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Mon Mar 31 20:08:05 2003

> idea was to have a caddy for each CD you intend to use.  I may still have

I am pretty sure I read somewhere that that _was_ the intention. The idea 
was to prevent damage to the disks.

> one around here somewhere, but I wouldn't know where to start looking for

I have one, and I know where it is, but no way will you part me from it. 
I have an early Philips CD-ROM drive that needs it...

-tony