Subject: New Finds & question

From: Ed <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Apr 4 12:38:58 2003

Hello all,

This morning I picked up some Dec stuff :

1x Alpha 400/166 + 1 Dec storage tower running Unix
1x Alpha 400/166 + 1 Dec storage tower running NT
1 Infotower/infoserver 1000 with 5 CD-Rom's
1 Vax 4000/100

With it came a box of cables, for which I have no idea where they
can be used for. One of the cables is marked BC18D-02 and is about
50cm long, the other is a cable which has on one end a sort of
high density connector and has a small block in the middle which forks
into 4 D25 connectors.
The vax 4000 has the female connectors at the back, am I right if these
cables are for terminals?

Thanks,

Ed

-- 
The Wanderer                      | Politici zijn onbetrouwbaar
[email-masked]                  | Europarlementariers: zakkenvullers
http://www.groenenberg.net        | en neuspeuteraars.
Unix Lives! M$ Windows is rommel! | Wie mij te na komt zal het weten.
'97 TL1000S                       |

---

From: "John Allain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 7 12:38:32 2003

> This morning I picked up some Dec stuff :

Great haul!

> ...which forks into 4 D25 connectors.

This sounds like a possible updating of the QBus board 
CXY08 / M3119 and the cable BC19N which is in fact a
4x2 line Asynchronous Multiplexor.  If you see model
numbers like these printed on anything that would help to
confirm it.  FYI

John A.

---

From: "Stuart Johnson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 7 12:41:18 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed" <[email-masked]>
To: "cctalk" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 11:34 AM
Subject: New Finds & question

> 1 Infotower/infoserver 1000 with 5 CD-Rom's
<SNIP>
> Ed

I'm jealous! I've been on the trail of an Infotower w/CDRoms for a while and
it was disassembled before I could get it.  What a waste...

You made a nice haul!

Stuart Johnson

---

From: Ed <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 7 12:42:04 2003

> numbers like these printed on anything that would help to

Well, it turned out to be a DHW42-CA option according to the guide
I was able to put my hands on. The machine has two of these so I
should be able to hook up 8 additional terminals.

I also managed to get it booting and logging into it, turns out it
belonged to a VAX cluster as several messages are passed along the
screen.

First order of business was to become system and modify the auhorisations
so I could use a more easy to remember password.
Authorize did do the trick of course, but boy, it has been a long time
I used vms, must have been at least 10 years ago.

Ed
--