Subject: Cool little modulator

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 3 08:41:39 2003

I just aquired (won on ebay, totally forgot I bid on it), a pretty neat 
little Apple item I never knew existed.

Its an RGB -> NTSC modulator for the Apple IIc. It also came with a 
game/TV switch box, but I don't know if that was originally part of the 
package, or just a seperate item that was included in the auction.

I've never seen this little device before, and had no idea it existed. 
There doesn't seem to be too much about it online.

Has anyone else ever seen or used one of these? I'm just curous really as 
there isn't much to know or learn about it. It looks like it will only 
fit the IIc (it has a big lump on it that prevents it from installing on 
anything else without a cable). And the device is pretty self explanitory 
in how it works.

I was able to figure out from the part numbers and a little searching 
that I believe this is the NTSC version. There is also a PAL version (any 
others?).

This one appears to be almost brand new. There is zero discoloration and 
other than slight scratches from screws on the leads to the TV/Game 
switch box, there is no marring at all.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 3 09:26:51 2003

> There doesn't seem to be too much about it online.

If this is what I think it is, it came with every new Apple //c.

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *

---

From: Mike Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 5 08:33:30 2003

>package, or just a seperate item that was included in the auction.

COOL
I don't know anythng about them, but have been curious for some time. 
Please report all you know, post picts, play with it, etc.

OTOH maybe I am thinking about the thing for the IIc+