Subject: Tandon LT/386

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Apr 13 15:35:21 2003

I have a Tandon LT/386 laptop here.

I really don't think I want it. I've had it for a while, I was given it a 
number of years ago. I was going to use it to connect to my phone system 
as a programming station, but I never could get it to connect properly 
(the phone system is a little picky about what computers it lets 
connect). And now I have an old 486 laptop serving that duty anyway.

According to the label on the back, it is a 16 MHz system, with a 40 MB 
HDD. There is also a 3.5 HD FDD, a serial port, parallel port, 2 PS/2 
ports, VGA, and some kind of expansion slot. Memory test at boot only 
shows 1024 K of RAM (could be a config issue however, first boot said the 
config was bad and needed to be reset)

I don't know if the battery holds a charge (I seem to recall when it was 
given to me, I was told it has a brand new battery, but I got it so long 
ago, I'm not positive, nor can I say if the battery is still any good). I 
have it plugged in right now to see if it will charge.

The HDD is rather loud, and the screen (black and white) is sucky... 
really sucky. But the thing boots to the HDD (DOS 6.22 is on it right 
now, along with a few other odds and ends... all internal software, 
nothing really confidential, so I doubt I will blank it).

I might also have the carrying case, and the manual around here somewhere 
(although if I have the case, I may keep it as I could use an extra 
laptop bag).

If anyone wants the thing, its up for grabs (just cover shipping). Since 
I'm trying to scrounge up as many pennies as possible (trying to buy a 
house), if for some bizzare reason I get more than one person that wants 
it... it will go to whoever gives me the best offer for it (best offer 
can be trading of stuff... I like Apple/Mac stuff... but I really need 
money more than I need additional toys).

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>