Subject: Having trouble hooking up a bondwell b310sx to an external monitor

From: "Michael O'Cleirigh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 10 10:51:52 2003

Hello,

My father has used his bondwell b310sx for the last 10 years or so.
It's 16 shades of grey lcd screen is beginning to go so I suggested he
get an external monitor to use as the screen instead.

However,  while there is a vga output at the back where I have attached
the monitor noting appears on the screen of the monitor.

The b310sx seems to recognize that a monitor is attached by blanking the
lcd but nothing appears on the external monitor.

Does anyone have experiance with doing this?

Thanks for your time,

Mike

---

From: "Dave Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 11 22:29:41 2003

Mike-
There's a built in software utility pgm called BWUT. Type that- 'BWUT' - at
the DOS prompt and you get a few options presented.  Option 8 is the video
state-- set that to VGA if it isn't already. Then use option 7 -display
selection- to set the display to CRT rather than LCD.  It helps to hook up
the external display before you it of course!

Dave Brown
Christchurch, NZ