Subject: Lisa 1 goes for almost $10,000

From: "Keys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 21 12:27:00 2003

Check out this Lisa one on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3406407504

---

From: "David Vohs" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 21 12:29:29 2003

Hmmm...I thought it was 2003 & not 1983. The guy is paying damn near MSRP
for this thing!

-- 
  David Vohs
  [email-masked]

-- 
http://www.fastmail.fm - Choose from over 50 domains or use your own

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 21 12:30:26 2003

> Hmmm...I thought it was 2003 & not 1983. The guy is paying damn near MSRP

It's about the right value.  There is a lot of demand from the Mac
fanatics, and there are less than a dozen original Lisa 1's in existence.
This one was almost immaculate.  All the software and the fact that it
works is a major bonus.

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *

---

From: "Damien Cymbal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 21 12:30:45 2003

I was talking to my father about this.  Back in the late 80's-early 90's the
company he was working for had several *pallets* of these that were free for
the taking.  Just about all of it wound up going to scrap -- nobody wanted
any of it.

Needless to say, he feels a little nauseous right now.

I'll bet there are many similar woeful stories.

dc

---

From: "Steven N. Hirsch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 21 17:10:06 2003

> I'll bet there are many similar woeful stories.

<groan>  Yes.  We gave a mint Lisa 1 (w/10MB ProFile) to one of our 
employees after selling off a business in the early 90's.  Had all the 
docs, Lisa Office, you name it.  Worked fine.  Cost about $10k when it was 
purchased new (~1983).

We thought he was doing us a favor by taking it <g>.

---

From: "TeoZ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Mar 22 07:05:03 2003

I know somebody who was given a lisa a few years ago, but has the 3.5"
drive, only the twiggy 5.25 drive versions are rare I believe.

---

From: Eric Chomko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Mar 22 07:06:52 2003

Bryan Blackburn wrote:
> 
> Before considering the effects of inflation, it only took twenty years
> to break even!
> 

Break even? By all practical purposes, within the collectable computer
realm, breaking even is a success. 

Here, I'll sell you my Mac IIfx for half what this guy got for his Lisa
since the Mac IIfx is half as old and cost just as much new. 

Eric

> -Bryan
> Keys wrote: