Subject: Bernoulli 10+10

From: "r. 'bear' stricklin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 3 22:39:09 2003

Hey, guys.

I'm having trouble turning up information on the old Bernoulli 10 MB
drives---the ones that used 8" media---that isn't mostly rumor and
innuendo. Anybody want to take a stab at positively confirming or denying
any or all of the following?

1) The Bernoulli 10+10 uses a custom interface. I need the correct
controller card for my PC (or better, my Mac).

2) The Bernoulli 10+10 uses a SASI interface. I still need the correct
controller card for my PC (or better, my Mac).

3) The Bernoulli 10+10 will work on any classic SCSI controller. I need
the correct cable magic. (Describing the correct cable magic earns bonus
points)

Thanks

ok
bear

---

From: "Dr. Ido" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 4 12:42:37 2003

>controller card for my PC (or better, my Mac).

I had one of these drives, it came with an 8 bit ISA card.  It's a custom
interface as far as I know. 
You also need the drivers for it unless you get the card with the boot rom
on it.  

I think there was a also a card for the Tandy 2000.  I don't think there
was a Mac card for it, but I could be wrong.

---

From: Don Maslin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 4 12:42:44 2003

> any or all of the following?

I believe that #1 is correct and that I peddled one to Sellam
perhaps six months ago.
						- don