Subject: RE: Alpha Micro 1000?

From: Larry Laurel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jul 31 00:10:54 2003

Joe,

	The AM systems did not detect the presence of a terminal, so this
would not inhibit booting.  IIRC, the six is not a six, it is a lower case B
(for "booting").  It is probably looking for directory structure and a
monitor file on the disk.  You can use any VCR on the video in/out ports,
but unless you have one of the AM VideoTrax[1] VCRs you will have to
manually press "Play", "Record", etc..  I think I have one of these laying
around, but when I tried to use it as a plain ol' VCR a few years back it
didn't work.
	I think I can still get in touch with someone who is a walking tech
reference for all things AlphaMicro.  If you like, I will try to contact him
and see if he will talk to you.  Let me know.

Larry

[1] The VideoTrax was a Zenith unit modified by AM to get the transport
control signals from the computer.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Joe
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 3:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Alpha Micro 1000?

  Is anyone familar with this system? I can't find anything on AM's site
and only one brief description on the net. I know it runs AMOS and has a
68000 CPU. This one has a 190 Mb hard drive and appears to have 4 Mb of
RAM. It also has a PIICEON add-in card that adds 8 additional serial ports.
It's also hanging up with a status code of 6 when I power it up. There' s
no terminal attached so that MIGHT be the problem. I found a manula for a
new AM system and it doesn't list a stat code of 6. Does anyone have a list
of the codes for this system?

  Anybody know where I can find an Owner's or user's manual for this? Or
what are the Video In, Video Out and Video I/O ports for?

     Joe