Subject: id this 88100/88200 CPU card?

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jun 6 14:22:14 2003

I picked up a pile of cards yesterday at a scrap place. One of them has a
Motorola XC81100RC25G and four XC88200RC25E ICs on it. I know the 88100 is
a 32 bit RISC CPU and the others are 16k Cache/MMUs. The only other IC on
the board appears to be a 24 pin PAL but it has a label on it so I can't
read the part number. The baord itself has three high density connectors on
the bottom and is marked "Motorola Inc (c) 1989" and measures ~4 1/2" x 8
1/2" and has 6 mounting holes around three sides.  Anybody know what it
might be for?

   Joe

---

From: Jochen Kunz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jun 6 14:24:29 2003

On 2003.06.05 14:16 Joe wrote:

>   I picked up a pile of cards yesterday at a scrap place. One of them
> has a Motorola XC81100RC25G and four XC88200RC25E ICs on it. 
[...]
> Anybody know what it might be for?
CPU module for a Motorola MVME CPU board?
CPU module for a DataGeneral AViiON? 
-- 

tschüß,
       Jochen

Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/

---

From: Tom Uban <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jun 6 14:25:31 2003

> > Anybody know what it might be for?

Sorry, I missed the first message on this subject. Was there more
info or a pic to see?

If it is a large board with a ton of LSI logic, then it could be
a board from a BBN TC2000 multiprocessor.

--tom

---

From: Jochen Kunz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Jun 6 14:27:01 2003

On 2003.06.05 23:56 Tom Uban wrote:

> Sorry, I missed the first message on this subject.
Look at the archive?

> Was there more info or a pic to see?
Board with Motorola XC81100RC25G, four XC88200RC25E ICs, a 24 pin PAL,
three high density connectors and ~4 1/2" x 8 1/2" in size. No p0rn pix.

-- 

tschüß,
       Jochen