Subject: Holy cow, what a find...

From: "Bruce Lane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 20 13:31:26 2003

It cost a few bucks to get, but I know what these beasties can do...

	What beastie? Oh, sorry... an Ancot DCS-216FT standalone SCSI bus analyzer, in pretty darn good shape. Snagged it from Ebay for $250. Considering that I've rarely seen them going for less than a grand, I think I got a decent enough deal.

	One of the tech support guys at Ancot was kind enough to send me the user's manual. Now, if I can just get a differential adapter as well...

	Heck, maybe I can build one... we'll see.

73 de KC7GR

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
ARS KC7GR (Formerly WD6EOS) since 12-77 -- [email-masked]
"I'll get a life when someone demonstrates that it would be superior
to what I have now..." (Taki Kogoma, aka Gym Z. Quirk)

---

From: "Glen S" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 21 12:20:23 2003

I saw that one go by and it seemed like a good deal.  But I've got a couple 
FuturePlus FS2230 SCSI probes to go along with the logic analyzers I have so 
I had to resist the urge to buy more hardware.

>	What beastie? Oh, sorry... an Ancot DCS-216FT standalone SCSI bus 
>analyzer, in pretty darn good shape. Snagged it from Ebay for $250. 
>Considering that I've rarely seen them going for less than a grand, I think 
>I got a decent enough deal.

_________________________________________________________________
The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail