Subject: Apple II Graphics Tablet

From: Owen Robertson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 28 12:58:22 2003

I recently acquired an Apple II graphics tablet, along with the controller
and a plastic overlay that isn't in great shape. Does anyone have any
overlays for this thing? It's really cool and I'd like to get it all cleaned
up nicely and connected to my II+.

-- 
Owen Robertson

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Mon Mar 31 19:13:49 2003

> overlays for this thing? It's really cool and I'd like to get it all cleaned

I think the overlay was custom Apple (it had the funcion menu across the 
top), but the tablet was actually a Sumagraphics unit with an Apple 
interface card (the pen and the tablet driver PCB are Sumagraphics). 
Maybe a standard Sumagraphics overlay could be used (write in the menu 
functions by hand or something).

> up nicely and connected to my II+.

It's a fun toy. I got one surplus before I had an Apple ][, so I made an 
interface to connect it to my CoCo. The digital side wasn't too bad (a 
CoCo protortyping card covered in TTL counters, etc). But I also had to 
make a box with a PSU, drivers fro the tablet trigger lines, and the 
sense amplifier for the pen in it. Getting that working, without the 
amplifier picking up noise, was an entertainment. 

-tony