Subject: Sage-II

From: Paul Booth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun May 18 02:21:23 2003

Hi guys,

Anyone got one of these beasties?  I picked it up last year or the year
before, in one of those daft runaway auctions, obviously ending up paying
way more than it was worth.

Unfortunately there was no OS with it, so it's currently a small, oblong
shaped doorstop.  Can anyone help me?

Cheers,

Paul.

---

From: "John Allain" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 19 10:05:08 2003

Since when is a Sage small?
I thought these were in the 6'x3'10' class.

> a small, oblong shaped doorstop.

amazing.

John A.

---

From: Peter Turnbull <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 19 10:05:30 2003

> shaped doorstop.  Can anyone help me?

I have a Sage-II, and I have UCSD p-System disks for it (one configured
for an ANSI terminal, one for a VT52).  They're DS DD 80-track disks
(1280 blocks).  I don't think I have any other software for it, though.
 Mail me off-list and I can arrange to make a copy and post it.

-- 
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager
						University of York

---

From: Paul Booth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 19 10:06:12 2003

> I thought these were in the 6'x3'10' class.

We're obviously talking about different things:

http://www.heydon.org/kevan/collection/pictures/sage-ii-large.jpg

Paul.

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Mon May 19 10:08:20 2003

> shaped doorstop.  Can anyone help me?

I have the same problem. I also have a Sage II but no OS. I think it can 
run the UCSD P-system or CP/M-68K, but I've not found either for it yet.

I do have the user manual for it, which includes scheamtics and 
instrucyions for the ROM monitor, so I am perhaps a little better off.

-tony

---

From: Peter Turnbull <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 19 10:08:53 2003

> run the UCSD P-system or CP/M-68K, but I've not found either for it
yet.

As I said earlier, I have UCSD p-System disks.  I just realised I also
have Teledisk images of CP/M-68K for it, which I think Don Maslin sent
me the last time this came up on the list.

-- 
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager
						University of York

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Mon May 19 10:09:04 2003

> As I said earlier, I have UCSD p-System disks.  I just realised I also

Do you have the complete p-System that was distributed for these machines 
(with the Pasacal compiler and the 68000 assembler) or just the OS (and 
filer?) that's needed to run ready-written software?

-tony

---

From: Don Maslin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 19 10:10:13 2003

> shaped doorstop.  Can anyone help me?

Paul if you have a PC with 5.25" 1.2mb drive and a copy of
TeleDisk, I will email you a three disk image set of CP/M-68 for
your Sage.
						- don

---

From: Peter Turnbull <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 19 10:11:44 2003

> filer?) that's needed to run ready-written software?

I don't remember exactly what's on the disks, but essentialy the two
dsks differ only in the VDU setup, and I suspect they're not a complete
p-System with all the extras.  Probably the editor and compiler, etc
but not much more.  It's probably possible to copy the
non-system-specific parts from another system, though.

-- 
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager
						University of York

---

From: "Fred Cisin (XenoSoft)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 19 15:37:34 2003

> http://www.heydon.org/kevan/collection/pictures/sage-ii-large.jpg

There have been more than one machine named Sage.

Is yours larger or smaller than a Simon?

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Wed May 21 10:01:37 2003

> non-system-specific parts from another system, though.

Probably. Thing is, the only other P-system I have is for the Apple ][, 
which (a) doesn't include a 68000 assembler and (b) has GCR-encoded 
disks. Not an ideal solution.

Unfortunately the user manual I have doesn't say how many disks were 
supplied with the machine, but as it appears you got both Fortran and 
Pascal, I doubt it all fitted on one floppy...

-tony