Subject: Re: Looking for a 486 system...

From: "Rob O'Donnell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 3 22:37:38 2003

Not sure if you found one yet, but if you (or anyone else) are still on the 
lookout, I've got several bog-standard clone 486 motherboards with PCI 
slots.  One board still has an AMD 4/100 in it, and I know I have some 
slower processors somewhere.  requires 72pin SIMMs for RAM (which should 
have some somewhere too).  AT keyboard connector, no specific mouse port, 
but would have thought those were work-around-able.

If you want, you can have free but for cost of shipping.  I'm in Salford, 
UK, so this might not be as cheap as it sounds.  I've got cases too, but 
probably cheaper to source your own locally!   Also got a pile of P1 boards 
if anybody is after any.

Regards

Rob

At 19:20 28/02/2003 -0800, Bruce Lane wrote:

>         Here's what I'd like to find. A small tower-style 486, mini or 
> mid, with PS/2 type ports for keyboard and mouse built in. Speed-wise, it 
> should be in the DX33 or DX2/66 class. It should have switchable 
> "Turbo/Non-Turbo" mode, either from a front-panel switch or from a 
> keypress combination. Finally, it needs to have at least two PCI slots in 
> addition to the usual ISA or EISA.