Subject: Curt Vendel needs RK05 drive on east coast

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Jun 2 07:58:23 2003

Curt Vendel of the Atari Historical Society needs help.  He's obtained a
bunch of RM05 carthridges that apparently contain a lot of interest Atari
corporate data.  He'd like to read these but doesn't have the necessary
gear.

Is there anyone in the New York area (or thereabouts) who has an RK05
drive that they can loan to Curt so he can read these?  Better yet, does
anyone have a working PDP-11 system upon which these tapes can be read?

Anyway, if you think you can help, please contact Curt directly at
<[email-masked]>.

On behalf of Curt, thanks!

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Tue Jun 3 08:59:21 2003

> Is there anyone in the New York area (or thereabouts) who has an RK05

Which is it? The RK05 is a single-platter 2.5M byte unit, and is fairly 
common. The RM05 is a floor-standing washing machine (12 platter pack??) 
and is much rarer. The 2 are not compatible.

> anyone have a working PDP-11 system upon which these tapes can be read?

Was the RM05 ever supported on PDP11s? (maybe on the 11/70 suing the 
built-in MASSbus adapters,  but I would be suprised if a MASSbus -> 
Unibus interface would be fast enough). These packs could well have come 
from a VAX system.

-tony