Subject: Re: 6809 Board ID, take 2...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue Mar 11 21:40:09 2003

The only clue I have is that the AT&T StarLAN system used a star topology. I 
suspect this board is part of a local hub and had a single AT&T PC hooked up 
to each port. 

I don't think the AT&T StarLAN system is true Ethernet but someone else will 
have to speak to that.

I do believe the AT&T StarLAN system used RJ45 connectors and was around with 
386 systems.

Paxton 
Astoria, OR

---

From: "Feldman, Robert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Mar 11 21:41:20 2003

I used to babysit an AT&T StarServer, a 486 Unix box. It had a board in it
(unfortunately I rarely had the oppoutunity to have the box open and don't
know what the board was labeled) that served as a multiport serial
connection. It could connect to 4 "concentrators" that were flat metal boxes
with 16 RJ45 port serial ports that went to dumb terminals. Your card might
be similar. The RAM could be for buffering. 

BTW, the concentrators were very touchy and often failed. They were also
static sensitive.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Merchberger [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 9:11 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 6809 Board ID, take 2...

<snip>

The system this came out of was an AT&T "StarSystem" - a 386 clone w/10Mbit 
ethernet, VGA & the usual stuff on the mobo... I may spark up the system 
tomorrow, just to see what kind of schtuff might still be on the HD...

Anyway, if anyone's got a clue, I'd be most appreciated!
Thanks,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger