Subject: Re: Free DEC MINC-11 in NW England

From: Jeffrey Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 21:37:00 2003

Fred N. van Kempen wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, John Honniball wrote:
>> Ah, tail-lifts!  How would we move the Big Iron without 'em?
> Forklifts.

I have also experienced one of those construction equipment pieces, with a
big dirt-scoop that lifts up and down, lifting big VAX cabinets into a
truck. Tilt in, lift up, tilt out. It worked well, but there was an
experienced driver in the machine.

-- 
Jeffrey Sharp

---

From: "Fred N. van Kempen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 21:37:32 2003

> experienced driver in the machine.
Well, I used to be one of those drivers, working in my dad's place
parttime and during the holidays.  After 10 years or so, one becomes
really good at it ;-)

--f