Subject: Rack mount rails/slide for BA23

From: "John A. Dundas III" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 06:02:13 2003

I have an existing 11/73 in a BA23 mounted in an H9644 cabinet (I believe
this is called "low boy"?), effectively a 19" rack/cabinet.  I would like
to mount another BA23 for a MicroVAX II in the same cabinet.  I have the
uVAX but no rails for it.

Any suggestion where to find these?  Or what acceptable alternatives might
exist?

Thanks,

John

---------------------------------------------------------
John A. Dundas III
Director, Information Technology Services Infrastructure, Caltech
Mail Code: 014-81, Pasadena, CA  91125-8100
Phone: 626.395.3392 FAX: 626.449.6973
<mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: pavl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 09:17:13 2003

the "correct" rack mounting I have for my BA23s is not rails, but a
sheet metal box they slide in, you can get the same basic function using
a couple of sheet metal (14GA) bits, bent into a L (or [ ] if you want
to get fancy and are having a shop do the work, but if you do the [ ],
you have to slot/hole/punch venting on the sides, if it is just L with a
side of 1" or so, it seems to vent fine.

Pavl_

---

From: Jeffrey Sharp <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 21:37:09 2003

On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, John A. Dundas III wrote:
> I would like to mount another BA23 for a MicroVAX II in the same cabinet.
> I have the uVAX but no rails for it.
>

Scrapyards. The boards go bye-bye first, but the racks and mounting
equipment tend to stay around for a while.

I used to have two of what you're looking for, but I gave them to another
list member. I'm sorry that I couldn't of more assistance.

-- 
Jeffrey Sharp