Subject: HP64000

From: David and Nancy Keim Comley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 5 22:11:56 2003

I brought home an HP64000 development system today. It has the emulation 
pods for the 68000 and 8080A processors, an HP-IB cable plus some other odds
and ends in the backpack. A peak at the back indicated that it is crammed
full of cards and 128K memory.

Unfortunately what it doesn't have is either software or manuals, so this is
a request to the group for help in that respect. I believe that there was a
ton of software originally available for this unit to support various
options and development tools, and I think what I am looking for is at least
the operating system on floppy so that I can boot it up. Any background
material on the 64000 would also be appreciated.

I was impressed by the fact that it weighs almost as much as a model 33
Teletype yet it still has a handy reinforced carrying handle on the side for
those portable sessions...

Regards,

Dave

---

From: "Steven N. Hirsch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue May 6 06:45:04 2003

> material on the 64000 would also be appreciated.

You may have yelled just in time.  At one point I had (5) of these things 
in my garage.  Most of the extra hardware is gone (although I may have one 
or two extra pods), but I did hang on to a large box of documentation and 
have all the latest-and-greatest software on diskette.  I was planning a 
trip to the landfill, but will hold off on that in case you want any of 
it.

If you are located within driving distance of Burlington, VT, you could 
also cart away one of the floor-standing 8" hard-disk units (weighs > 
100lbs. and stores a whopping 5-MB).  I wouldn't even consider shipping 
that beast.

Let me know if you are interested in the docs.  The diskettes would have 
to be duplicated, which means finding time and space to fire up the 
remaining system unit and remember how to use it <g>.  Perhaps someone on 
the list knows of a utility which permits copying the HP64k diskettes on a 
PC?

Steve