Subject: Strange/Wonderful Microchannel Vid - Aud caputre card

From: John Lawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 24 12:26:00 2003

I have here what looks like a Microchannel Video/Audio subsystem. It has
a Lucent logo on the breakout box.  It is a full-length card and 3/4
length daughter card full of PLD and ASICS and other fat SMD chips.  There
is a header and 20-way shielded ribbon cable.

  The breakout box has two 1/8" jacks marked LEFT - MICROPHONE - RIGHT and
beneath that a slide switch for mono/stereo.

 Then two yellow RCAs marked 2 - VIDEO - 1

 Beneath that are 8 RCAs in two groups, AUDIO 1 and 2, LEFT/RIGHT,
INPUT/OUTPUT.

  On the boards themselves, the main board is marked 'PCI ENCODER VER4' in
solder mask - one big visble chip has:

 "LSI" logo; L64745QC-30
             JPEG CODER
             WK82164P
             NNG 9540
             6A13COPBFAA

  Another similar chip nearby says "DCT PROCESSOR"

Obviously this is a Video / Audio capture subsystem of some kind.

  It also is obviously an advanced prototype - the breakout box is a
standard molded plastic 'project box' with 'Brother P-Touch' type lables
on it.

  Anyway, rather than put it on eBay (undoubtedly finding out that I have
a priceless artefact that will ensure my happy and contented retirement) I
thought I'd just see if anybody here a.) recognizes it and b.) wants it...

  Cheers

John

PS: No, I haven't posted pix yet. I s'pose I could be coerced, tho....

---

From: "Bruce Lane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 24 12:34:52 2003

Uhhh... John?

*********** REPLY SEPARATOR  ***********

>is a header and 20-way shielded ribbon cable.

	I'm pretty sure that's a PCI card. Double-check the edge paddle. I can say this with confidence because you got it from me. ;-)

	Keep the peace(es).

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
ARS KC7GR (Formerly WD6EOS) since 12-77 -- [email-masked]
"I'll get a life when someone demonstrates that it would be superior
to what I have now..." (Taki Kogoma, aka Gym Z. Quirk)

---

From: John Lawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 24 16:58:21 2003

> Uhhh... John?

  'Allo - 'Allloooo...

> >I have here what looks like a Microchannel Video/Audio subsystem. It has

 Definitely a PCI card - my D'Oh!

  I have had my Inertials re-calibrated on this - I didn't re-list it
because someone else wrote me privately expressing interest.  If that
doesn't work out, I'll put it up here on the List once again. I also have
pix to send if someone wants, BTW.

  Yes, I got it from you. If I sell it for more than $10K on eBay, I'll
offer you a percentage, but you'll have to sue me for it.  MUAHHhahahaha!

  ;}

 Cheers

John