Subject: PERQ 1

From: "PurpleT3K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 19 05:45:00 2003

Hi

I recently acquired a Three Rivers Computer PERQ 1, together
with PNX - a unix style OS. Unfortunately in the previous move
the PERQ HD was not locked - so the HD needs reformatting.

Does anyone have the formatter software (on 8" disk) for this
machine - I understand it wasnt distributed with the OS.

I have a PNX boot disk - but no POS so would need a bootable
POS disk with the formatter on to get the system up and
running.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Ian.

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Wed May 21 10:01:49 2003

> the PERQ HD was not locked - so the HD needs reformatting.

Let's hope that's all it needs. It's always possible that one of the 
heads or platters has been damaged so badly that the drive can't be 
recovered...

> machine - I understand it wasnt distributed with the OS.

AFAIK the low-lrvrl disk tools were never distributed at all. But they 
have survived...

Bob (Davis) : I am rather too busy at the moment to deal with this, and 
it is fairly urgent (he's told me in private e-mail he needs to get it 
fixed in a couple of weeks). Can you make a copy of the appropriate disks?

> POS disk with the formatter on to get the system up and

Well, you need a POS boot disk, and you need the disk tools. They don't 
_have_ to be the same disk..

-tony