Subject: My new SparcStation

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 5 22:12:02 2003

I just came from the Trenton Computer Fest... picked myself up a 
SparcStation 4. I probably over paid at $20 for the CPU with Solaris 
preloaded, a keyboard and cable, and a mouse and pad.... but since I 
already owned a monitor, it seemed like a fair price to have another toy 
to play with (really the fact that I have a 20 inch monitor for one 
already was the only reason I bought it. I see that monitor just about 
every day at work and I've been itching to get a computer to use with it, 
just to see what a SparcStation is like).

So now my question is... anyone have any link recommendations of where to 
go to learn about these things? I'm about to do some googling, but I'm 
sure some of you already know good sites to visit.

Other than that, I didn't buy anything of great interest. Just a few odds 
and ends of parts, like some extra mac drive sleds (25 cents each). I 
would have bought more stuff if I had brought a cart or something with 
me, but I just didn't feel like carrying everything. Next year my brother 
and I will be better prepared. We plan to bring a folding luggage cart 
each... THEN we will buy more toys.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: John Honniball <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 5 22:12:05 2003

chris wrote:
> go to learn about these things?

I can recommend SunHelp:

    http://www.sunhelp.org/

Do follow the link to "Hardware Info".

But as for Sun PROM monitor images, my bookmark doesn't seem to work
any more:

    http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick/data/bootroms.html

But the Google cache may still have it...

--
John Honniball
[email-masked]