Subject: Sony SMC-70 computers for sale

From: jmd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 17 09:45:10 2003

hi....

I have 3 Sony SMC-70 computers I need to find good homes for. 1 is
working and the other two boot but do not read the floppy completely.
Maybe some cleaning or adjustment of the floppy drives would help.

2 sets of CP/M for Sony. They do differ a bit. I thought I had some
applications but so far have not found them.

I have what I believe to be all the original documentation (4 loose leaf
note books in cardboard holders):

CP/M Operating System Parts 1-3
Sony SMC-70 Hardware Reference Manual.
1- small paperback Sony SMC-70 Micro Computer Operating Instructions

Addons include:

1-Sony SMC-7086 Supercharger (runs 16 bit apps I believe) but I do not
think the software is on the 2 floppy disks I have. There is a Manual
for this too.
1-SMI-7050 cache disk unit
1-XEBEC-70 (built similar to disk cache unit but not sure what it is)
1-SMI-7016 floppy disk control unit
1- unlabeled part that is similar in build to the 3 above.

I do have a Sony PVM 1271Q Trinitron Color Video Monitor with video
cable. You will however need to adapt a 9 pin connector to a 25 pin
connector (i used a serial cable and broke off one pin to allow use on
the computer side. I do get a very red screen so one would need to check
the pinouts for configuration)

Also, a Sony 1311CR with a cable that may well be adaptable for use.

If I find anything else as I clean I will include it.

Not sure what a value might be. I will entertain all offers for a week
or so and then if there is no interest here put them on eBay. I am
thinking it would be best to keep the working computer and addons
together. If someone were interested in the complete system I would
glady donate the other two to a museum or someone who wants to restore
them.

Jeff Duncan