Subject: Making images of drives on a VAXserver 3100

From: "James W. Brinkerhoff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 17 12:13:37 2003

I have a VAXserver 3100 that I'd like to backup via images of it's 3 drives.    Right now I have it netbooting NetBSD and I can do a dd if=/dev/sd0c of=sd0c.bak bs=8100, but I am unsure if this is the best way.   Anyone have any better suggestions?   The disks in question currently contain an install of OpenVMS 7.X

-jwb

[demime 1.01a removed an attachment of type application/pgp-signature]

---

From: emanuel stiebler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 17 14:34:22 2003

What's wrong with BACKUP ?

James W. Brinkerhoff wrote:
> I have a VAXserver 3100 that I'd like to backup via images of it's 3 drives.

  Right now I have it netbooting NetBSD and I can do a dd if=/dev/sd0c 
of=sd0c.bak bs=8100,

but I am unsure if this is the best way.

Anyone have any better suggestions?

The disks in question currently contain an install of OpenVMS 7.X

---

From: "" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 17 14:35:35 2003

Nothing really I suppose...  I'm just more of a BSD person (VMS is a new
challange) and this seemed like the easiest/quickest/safest way to snapshot the
disks as they currently are.

-jwb