Subject: Re: BA11-F boxer muffin fan source ?

From: "R. D. Davis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 18 10:12:00 2003

Quothe Luc Vande Velde, from writings of Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 07:09:49PM +0200:
> I 've replaced them by the dozens in those early days - this are industry

Why???  I thought that only clueless biz'driods and related idiots
replaced perfectly good repairable equipment.  All that one needs to
do is disassemble the fans, clean them up, soak the old bearings/race
assembly in mineral spirits, apply new grease and then reassemble the
fans.

-- 
Copyright (C) 2003 R. D. Davis The difference between humans & other animals: 
All Rights Reserved            an unnatural belief that we're above Nature & 
[email-masked]  410-744-4900  her other creatures, using dogma to justify such
http://www.rddavis.org         beliefs and to justify much human cruelty.

---

From: "Luc Vande Velde" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jun 18 10:14:32 2003

I 've replaced them by the dozens in those early days - this are industry
standard fans, I think you can find them anywhere. Just make sure you have
ball bearings, no sleeves. They are a bit nosier (who cares in an 11/70) but
last much longer. In Europe we used Torin (UK factory) and Papst (Germany)
but they were all 220V versions of cause...

gr.

Luc

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
Behalf Of Tom Uban
Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 2:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: BA11-F boxer muffin fan source ?

Hello,

I am restoring an 11/70 with a BA11-F chassis which uses 17 4.7"x4.7"x1.5"
115v muffin fans (as they all do) and need to find a good source for
replacements. Does anyone have any suggestions?

--tnx
--tom

---

From: Harald Husemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 19 17:24:33 2003

Hi folks,

 I just bought an old HP Netserver LH Pro (got it for cheap on eBay), and 
tried to install RedHAT 9.0 on it.
 The system won't boot, the CD is recognized, but when the Linux bootloader 
starts, it ends up with an error message
 "Heavy BIOS defect detected".
 Hmmmm... I'm quite sure the BIOS is okay, since I was able to install RH 7.3, 
and it runs perfectly well.
 Any ideas?? 

System Config is:

 HP Netserver LH Pro, Dual Pentium 200,
 128 MB RAM, Mylex Dual-Channel RAID Controller with 6 SCA-hdds attached, 
Matrox Videocard (on-board graphics disabled)
 One additional 2GB-HDD attached to one of the on-board Adaptecs.

 Anyone did this before?? Do I have a chance to upgrade the 7.3 to 9.0, when 
the inst. keeps failing??

 Keep on hackin',

 and thanks for any help,

 Harald

-- 
=======================================================
Dipl. Ing. Harald Husemann
E-Mail:	[email-masked]
www:	www.deepthought.prima.de
Projects:	rawt.sourceforge.net

<Linux is like a tipi: No windows, no gates - Apache inside!>