Subject: Re: fair price for apple articles

From: Joël Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 06:49:36 2003

hello, what is the price? can you shipping it to france?
mail me to : [email-masked]
thanks
----- Original Message -----
From: "Damien Cymbal" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 12:42 PM
Subject: fair price for apple articles

> I'm not up on what is considered a good deal for old Apple hardware, but I
> have a guy offering me the following and I'm wondering what I should be
> considering.  I haven't personally seen the stuff yet so I don't have all
the
> specifics, but he says it is all in good condition, running, yadda yadda
"you
> won't be disappointed."
>
> 2 Apple II GS, a IIc (claimed to be new in box), a Mac Plus, couple
monitors,
> external floppy and hard drives and "scads of software and manuals".
>
> Sorry I can't be more precise at the moment, but maybe if I could get some
> ballpark figures....
>
> Thanks,
>
> dc

---

From: Mike Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 21:37:23 2003

At 06:42 AM 3/5/03 -0500, Damien Cymbal wrote:

>specifics, but he says it is all in good condition, running, yadda yadda "you
>won't be disappointed."
>
>2 Apple II GS, a IIc (claimed to be new in box), a Mac Plus, couple monitors,

A IIc if it REALLY is new in box, and not just clean and in a box, and it 
has everything a new in box unit should have, then "maybe" it might have 
some special value, nothing else you mention does. The IIc has some 
collectible value in Japan, at least I know a couple japanese people who 
buy them at swap meets for like $10 and seem happy about it.

That said I run across a fair amount of stuff that is long used, but clean, 
and stored in its original box minus the usual this and that people tend to 
lose over time. Many home users kept the original boxes, and put the stuff 
back in them for storage, and it doesn't give them much if any added value.

$20 is often a nice token amount, much more an you are doing the person a 
big favor, even if it is new in box.

Of course there are a few bits that change the value, but nothing suggests 
they are present.

********************************

Question for the rest of the group, is the RGB adapter/thingy worth looking 
for that goes on a IIc+?

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 5 21:37:50 2003

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Damien Cymbal wrote:

> considering.  I haven't personally seen the stuff yet so I don't have all the

$100 is fair.

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *