Subject: RE: HP R332 touch screen

From: "Peter Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 3 11:07:06 2003

Hi All,

I have an old 9000 R332 (rackmount 300 series machine with built in 
monitor).
It looks as though the display has an array of LED's and photo diodes for a 
touch screen setup.
How do I get the touch screen to work?
Do I need some additional sofware to do this?

Cheers

Peter

_________________________________________________________________
Sign-up for a FREE BT Broadband connection today! 
http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/btbroadband

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Tue Jun 3 16:12:09 2003

> How do I get the touch screen to work?

It may well be an HP-HIL device. I know it was on some HP9000 machines -- 
which used HP-HIL for the keyboard and mouse too. 

-tony

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Jun 5 08:30:02 2003

Hi Peter,

   I picked up a pile (8 of them IIRC) of these things recently. They had
been surplused by a large company and the integrated keyboards were
missing. So the surplus company that got them threw them out. BUT the KB
cable runs through the machine then out the back and then plugs back into a
standard HP-HIL keyboard port. So I'm thinking that I can use a standard
HP-HIL keyboard. I've tried one of the machines and I can't get a display
on it. I haven't had time to check further and I haven't checke dhte
others. I'm pretty certain that these have an internal hard drive. sorry no
advice on how to use the touch screen.

   Do you know if an external display can be connected to these? This one
appears to be running but nothing is displayed on the screen. I think it
may have a bad screen.

    Joe