Subject: id these HP cards? HP 3000?

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 21 07:20:10 2003

Can anyone tell me what these cards are for?  HP 30145-60001 marked ATP AIB, HP 26069-60001 marked DEV HP-IB TRANSLATOR, HP 31262-69001 marked CHAN GIC. These measure 14"x 11" and have four edge connectors along the back edge. I searched th enet and didn't find mush info except that a couple of re-sellers have some for sale but they don't provice any additional info. One site did indicate that one of these might be for the HP 3000.

    Joe

---

From: Frank McConnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 21 12:31:26 2003

Joe <[email-masked]> wrote:
>   Can anyone tell me what these cards are for?  HP 30145-60001
> marked ATP AIB, HP 26069-60001 marked DEV HP-IB TRANSLATOR, HP
> 31262-69001 marked CHAN GIC. These measure 14"x 11" and have four
> edge connectors along the back edge. I searched th enet and didn't
> find mush info except that a couple of re-sellers have some for
> sale but they don't provice any additional info. One site did
> indicate that one of these might be for the HP 3000.

These cards probably came from an HP 3000 4X/5X/6X/70.

ATP is "Advanced Terminal Processor", an asynchronous terminal
interface.  I'm not sure what part of it you have.

GIC is "General I/O Channel", an HP-IB interface.

I'm thinking the "HP-IB TRANSLATOR" is a board that connects to the
GIC and provides some other sort of interface, in particular a
parallel differential line printer interface.  It's been a while but I
think we had a couple of these in a 64/68/70 when it had HP 2617 and
2619 printers attached.

-Frank McConnell