Subject: SN76477N

From: "Eurtly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 19 13:44:08 2003

I just ran into this article that you have posted.
I have all the data sheets and even a couple of SN76477N chips that
I just aquired.
I'm looking for more of the SN76477N AND SN76488 CHIPS or the
replacements.

Can you help me out here...

Eurtly Parker
[email-masked]

_____________________________________________________________________

Old TI analog sound chip; info?
Tothwolf [email-masked]
Tue Dec 17 16:04:55 2002

Previous message: Old TI analog sound chip; info?
Next message: Old TI analog sound chip; info?
Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Tony Duell wrote:

> > I'm looking for the documentation for the olde TI analog sound chip;
> > this dates back to the late 70's early 80's if my memory serves me
> > correctly.  I don't even remember the part number.  AFAIK, it had some
> > kind of "I2L" (I squared
>
> The number 'SN76477' springs to mind. May not be the same device, but it
> was a TI analogue sound generator.

The sound generator chips that I recall TI making were the SN76477N,
SN76488N, and the SN94281. I believe TI also made some others, but those
were commonly available to hobbyist in the time period that is mentioned
above. I'm fairly sure Radio Shack at one time sold some of those
particular sound generator chips too.

I have the data sheet for the SN94281, but I'm not sure about the other
two. If it would be helpful, I can scan it.

-Toth