Subject: DEC Rack (GRRRRRRRRRRRRR)

From: "Jay West" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 7 10:17:34 2003

I was all excited to pick up the 3 bay DEC rack I got off ebay. It looked
like just the right rack to mate with my 11/44X rack. After unpalleting it
and rolling it next to the 11/44X rack, much to my chagrin, I find it is the
right hight, but the wrong depth. My kingdom for the right rack *sigh*

This rack had an RA81 in it if that's any clue... I am going from foggy
memory but I believe the 11/44X rack is 30 inches deep, and this rack is
about 36 inches deep.

Anyone want to trade a 30 inch deep corporate cab for a 36'er? Yes, I know,
I'm being anal.

Jay West

---

From: Ethan Dicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 7 23:40:01 2003

--- Jay West <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 3 bay DEC rack...to mate with my 11/44X rack... the right hight, but the
> wrong depth.
> 
> This rack had an RA81 in it if that's any clue...

The trick isn't the RA81... it's that your rack is probably deep enough
for an RA60.  Sounds like you found the rack I was telling you about.
H9642, but extended for overly-long SDI drives.  I got one a couple years
back, myself.  I would have said that they were less common, but I
suppose that the one you are looking for was probably phased out when
the RL02 was no longer the dominant drive provided by DEC for small
Unibus systems.

Good luck on your hunt for the "right" one.

-ethan