Subject: MINC-11

From: Cynthia Batchelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 5 22:12:31 2003

Do you know where I could find technical documentation for the MINC-11 or MINC-23?

Cynthia Batchelder
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Tony Duell)
Date: Thu May 8 23:56:45 2003

> Do you know where I could find technical documentation for the MINC-11 

What do you need to know? I have the printset (schematics) for the 
Minc-11, which includes some, but not all, of the MINC modules. The rest 
of the boards (some of which are in this printset) are standard Q-bus 
boards -- the 11/03 or 11/23 processor, MSV11 32Kw RAM, DLV11-J quad 
serial port, LPV11 line printer interface, IBV11 GPIB interface, BDV11 
bootstrap/terminator, and either RXV21+RX02 or RLV11 + RL01 controller + 
drive.

-tony

---

From: Peter Turnbull <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu May 8 23:56:50 2003

On May 6, 22:49, Tony Duell wrote:
> > Do you know where I could find technical documentation for the
MINC-11
> > or MINC-23?
> Minc-11, which includes some, but not all, of the MINC modules.

If anyone in the UK wants a MINC-11, I know where there is one, almost
certainly "free to a good home", and probably with some docs and
software.  The catch is that it's in Scotland, and *must* be moved
within a week or so (owner is moving and can't take it with him).

I'd have it myself, but I have no more room :-(

-- 
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager
						University of York

---

From: "Witchy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun May 11 19:50:06 2003

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On
> Behalf Of Peter Turnbull
> Sent: 06 May 2003 23:58
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: MINC-11
> 

I haven't any more room either.....whereabouts in Scotland is it? 

cheers

--
adrian/witchy
www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk - the online computer museum
www.snakebiteandblack.co.uk - monthly gothic shenanigans

---

From: "Witchy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun May 11 19:50:11 2003

> Behalf Of Cynthia Batchelder
> Sent: 05 May 2003 15:26
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: MINC-11
>
>
> MINC-11 or MINC-23?

Hi Cynthia,

I'm pretty sure I've got a full doc set for my MINC, so if there's something
Tony hasn't got I might have it here.

cheers

---

From: Peter Turnbull <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 16 10:19:03 2003

On May 9,  9:53, Witchy wrote:
> > If anyone in the UK wants a MINC-11, I know where there is one,

> I haven't any more room either.....whereabouts in Scotland is it?

Edinburgh.

-- 
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager
						University of York

---

From: "Witchy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri May 16 10:31:23 2003

Hi folks,

My recent haul of stuff from the former Enterprise factory (makers of the
Enterprise 64 and 128, fabled machine that was released too late to save the
company, as usual :) included a pair of prototype hard drive controllers
that I've got pretty much no hope of getting any info on, a RAM checker and
the beast of a machine mentioned in the subject.

Made by STAG in 1984, it's got a model number of PP16A and features a socket
for a cartridge containing the master EPROM and a module containing 16 EPROM
sockets for new EPROMS, so obviously you feed it a master and it makes up to
16 copies.

Under the hood it's actually a 6809 based micro with 2K RAM and the board
has holes ready for 2 COMM sockets, so does anyone remember these beasts?
It'd be great if I could add on the serial ports and talk to it using a
PeeCee for making ROM backups

Hastily taken pictures:

http://www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk/ramchecker.jpg
http://www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk/romburner1.jpg
http://www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk/romburner2.jpg

My Enterprise page:

http://www.binarydinosaurs.co.uk/Museum/Enterprise/enterprise.htm

cheers!

---

From: "Rob O'Donnell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun May 18 02:17:13 2003

>PeeCee for making ROM backups

I remember these being in use at Ferranti, when I was an apprentice there 
about 20 years ago .. (so age fits!)  AFAICR we only ever used them in 
stand-alone mode as a bulk copier.  They were also RENTED, from Livingston 
Hire, if I recall correctly, (certainly we used them a lot) so there may be 
a chance you can find some old docs from them.

Rob

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun May 18 02:18:37 2003

I have a Stag 39M100 with one plug-in for programming EPROMs and another
for programming embedded micro-processors. I found the docs for it on a
site in France. Stag is utterly worthless when it comes to support. I'll
never buy or recommend anything from them. Glen G has a bigger gang
programmer and I think he has a real manual for it.

     Joe

---

From: "Witchy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun May 18 02:20:15 2003

> Sent: 12 May 2003 07:53

Yeah, I got an earlier post about it.....so near and yet so far :(

cheers

---

From: "Witchy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 19 10:11:56 2003

Hi Rob,

> Behalf Of Rob O'Donnell
> Sent: 16 May 2003 19:29
> Subject: Re: STAG Electronics Ganged Programmer
>
>
> Hire, if I recall correctly, (certainly we used them a lot) so
> there may be a chance you can find some old docs from them.

Is that these people?

http://www.livingston.co.uk

They mention equipment rental under their 'computer products' section.....

cheers

---

From: Peter Turnbull <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon May 19 15:39:12 2003

> > there may be a chance you can find some old docs from them.

Yes, same company.  I've occasionally hired specialist test equipment
from them.

-- 
Pete						Peter Turnbull
						Network Manager
						University of York

---

From: "Rob O'Donnell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 10:00:56 2003

>They mention equipment rental under their 'computer products' section.....

It would appear to be:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cache:S_qVjwwo7t4J:www.livingston.com/forum2/showtopic.php%3Fthreadid%3D9+livingston+hire&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

As to whether they keep hold of old docs, I have no idea...

Rob

---

From: "Witchy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 21 10:01:17 2003

> Sent: 19 May 2003 20:11
> > > Livingston

Thanks Pete, I'll give 'em a shout. Either the programmer is fubar or all of
my spare EPROMs are, and given the age of the stuff BOTH could be :)

cheers

---

From: Philip Pemberton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat May 24 19:21:19 2003

In message <[email-masked]>

> programmer and I think he has a real manual for it.
I've got a Stag PP40 "MOS Gang Programmer" with a 40M100 module. Stag were,
as you said, quite useless. Who would pay £550 for a COM port upgrade for
it?
Especially seeing as ELNEC are selling the LabProg (IIRC) universal
programmer for around £300 via Crownhill Associates (crownhill.co.uk).
Now, as far as I'm concerned, ELNEC's support is second-to-none - I sent
them a bug report, two hours later I had an official workaround from them
and an email from the software guy - "One of my team misread the datasheet
and entered the wrong ID number into our software. I'll fix the bug ready
for the next release". IMHO, any company that can manage to reply within a
few hours *AND* provide a usable workaround is well worth supporting.
As for the PP40, well, I just use it to copy EPROMs. Shame it doesn't support
as many devices as the PrEPROM, though. I have noticed that B&K Precision
are rebranding Elnec programmers.

If anyone's got the Stagcom software for the PP40 and/or a comm-port upgrade
module for it, please email me! I want that comms module!
On the plus side, Dataman did offer me £100 if I traded the PP40 in for one
of their "S4" or "Dataman 48" programmers. Hmm...

Later.
-- 
Phil.
[email-masked]
http://www.philpem.dsl.pipex.com/