Subject: Re: HP1350 Graphics Translators

From: Al Kossow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jun 15 17:37:32 2003

I've uploaded scans of the service and programming
manuals for the 1351A to www.spies.com/aek/pdf/hp/graphics

---

From: "Jason McBrien" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue Jun 17 09:45:50 2003

Did my monthly review of the University of Michigan property disposition,
and also attended the Monroe county hamfest.

Property Disposition:
Not much, they had an interesting HP Visualize workstation that they
probably wanted hundreds of dollars for, they are getting more overpriced
these days. But outside where they usually keep stacks of furniture destined
to the scrap metal recycler's truck, they had a few DEC racks and a
"Stardent" box that looked like an Ardent computer. The DEC's were populated
half with non-DEC network junk, and half with what appeared to be RA-81/82
hard drives. I'll post pics when I get a chance.

Monroe Hamfest:
Picked up two 9GB hard drives for use in the Linux server, which will be the
netboot point for a bunch of my old workstations and minis. There was a guy
there selling hard disks and RAID arrays for $1/gig :) Picked up PDP/11
assembly programming by Addison Westley, a book on TI/99 assembler, and a
TI/99 use and programming book by TAB, all for $1. The only other really
interesting thing there, was a guy with a box of boards he was selling for
their gold content. Many big VME looking boards from a company called ARTEC,
as I recall. Looked like memory boards. But at the bottom of the box were
some mini cards with "Flip Chip" printed on them, from an old PDP if I'm
right? Didn't pick any up, they were all in really bad shape. Poor
computer...