Subject: IIfx memory

From: "TeoZ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue May 27 07:30:58 2003

Anybody know where to get memory (4mb simm or better) for a mac IIfx cheap or
have some they dont want. I think its 64 pin proprietary memory (also used in
a specific mac printer cant recall).

Its funny how apple makes proprietary memory for only 1 specific model
computer (how is that cost effective?), just like the memory upgrade for my
apple 4/600 PS laser (one of a kind).

---

From: Dan Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue May 27 07:32:49 2003

> apple 4/600 PS laser (one of a kind).

I found some at http://www.clcr.com/memory/fdapple2586.htm.

Dan Smith

---

From: "TeoZ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue May 27 07:33:27 2003

The links for pricing are invalid

---

From: Dan Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue May 27 07:34:23 2003

Hi there,

Yeah, I just noticed that. Here's one that supposedly has them in stock.
It's the same memory as what's installed in the LaserWriter IINtx.

http://www.welovemacs.com/apple-memory-mac-ii--mac-se--classic-mac-iifx.html

Dan Smith

---

From: Mike Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 28 04:54:26 2003

>apple 4/600 PS laser (one of a kind).

I;ve been watching ebay and nothing but 1 mb sticks.

The way it was cost effective was that 1 MB cost $100, ie it was all in the 
chips, the board cost was insignificant.

---

From: Dan Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed May 28 08:33:24 2003

> chips, the board cost was insignificant.

Another thing is, that we're talking about a computer that's over 10 years
old. Introduced in 1990, discontinued in 1992.

Dan Smith