Subject: Old .MAC files from MS-DOS

From: "Zane H. Healy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Mar 22 06:32:36 2003

I've been digging through my old floppies looking for some *OLD* datafiles,
and I ran across some "Star Fleet Battles" Files from the old SFB GEnie
forum.  I vaguely remember that .MAC files were some sort of Graphics file,
but what sort?  Does anything modernish read them?

			Zane

---

From: "Philip Pemberton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Mar 22 06:46:26 2003

Zane H. Healy wrote:
> I've been digging through my old floppies looking for some *OLD*
> datafiles, and I ran across some "Star Fleet Battles" Files from the
> old SFB GEnie forum.  I vaguely remember that .MAC files were some
> sort of Graphics file, but what sort?  Does anything modernish read
> them?
Sounds like they might be Macpaint files - IrfanView (www.irfanview.com
iirc) should be able to read them. Failing that, most any version of
Paintshop Pro can read them too. I know PSP4 and above can, PSP3.x almost
certanly, I'm not sure about anything earlier than that though.
Irfanview is a nice little freeware image manipulation tool to keep around
anyway - it loads in less than a second; PSP, Photoshop, et al take around
ten seconds to load. And it's less than 1MB in size - what more could you
want? <g>

Later.
--
Phil.
[email-masked]
http://www.philpem.dsl.pipex.com/