Subject: Re: Was HP 7914 - Priam 15050 & 3350s

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat Apr 19 13:32:06 2003

In a message dated 4/18/03 5:21:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:

> 
>    There are locks on them. But they weren't locked! That's one reason I 
> probably never find a good one. I think it's a long shot that this one is 
> useable.
> 

Will your surplus place let you plug it in before you take one? This might be 
the best choice now that you know how to deal with the locks.

If you have it home, I would just make sure it is level, warm and plug it in. 
Hmm, that's right, you live in Florida you don't have to make sure it is 
warm.

I am going to wait till summer before trying to start the 3350s I have.

Good luck. I consider these Priams to be fairly sturdy drives.

Paxton
Astoria, OR

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Apr 19 13:33:59 2003

At 01:35 PM 4/18/03 EDT, you wrote:
>Will your surplus place let you plug it in before you take one? 

   They would have IF I could have dragged it 200 feet to an outlet. :-/  I drug it 20 feet to the jeep and gave them $10 for it. That was a LOT easier!

This might be 
>Hmm, that's right, you live in Florida you don't have to make sure it is 

    Maybe if I can pack it in ice I can make it mearly warm.

>Good luck.

   Thanks. I think I'll need it.

   Joe

 I consider these Priams to be fairly sturdy drives.