Subject: Looking for an S-100 system

From: M H Stein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jul 23 19:54:14 2003

Well, I imagine you'll get quite a few offers, but FWIW I do happen
to have a few S-100 systems, to wit, a number of Cromemcos and
a couple of Vector MZs. I do also have all the documentation for them, 
system manuals and manuals for all the individual cards, as well
as the system software (CDOS and CROMIX, CP/M and Unix 
wannabes) and some applications, also with manuals. Mind you,
being multi-user systems, they're not quite as simple in design
as most of the S-100/CP/M systems out there.

I don't think I have the original cards for the Vectors, as I also
populated them with Cromemco cards, but I could look; in any 
case no docs.

The problem as always is the shipping; I'm located in Toronto, and
S-100 systems tend to have rather heavy linear power supplies.

A couple of other list members in my part of the world have expressed
interest and of course they will have priority as soon as  I find the 
time to sort it all out, and I'm assuming that shipping will probably
make it impractical for you, but if not and you don't get any better
offers, let me know and we'll see what we can work out.

Good luck,

mike

-----------------------------Original message--------------------------

From: "Ernest" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Looking for an S-100 system
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:23:07 -0700
Reply-To: [email-masked]

I am interested in acquiring an S-100 CP/M system and I'm hoping that
someone here might have one that they might sell or trade to me.

I've never had an S100 type computer but I've always passively wanted one to
tinker with. I don't have a particular make or model in mind but I have a
general idea of what I'm looking for. Basically, I'm looking for one that I
won't be afraid to work on, like an Altair or some other very rare or
valuable old computer.

An example that I was thinking of was a Northstar Horizon, since it's not
rare, has floppy drives, and it follows the standard s100 bus architecture
(I think.) The Vector Graphic Vector 1 is another system that seems to be
fairly simple in design but I'm not sure how rare/expensive they are.

I don't want to spend a fortune, and I'm not looking for anything highly
collectable -just something simple and ordinary that I can work on and play
with, and repair if something breaks.

Thanks,

E