Subject: Re: 286 Computers (and an Apollo note)

From: John Rollins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 28 01:17:35 2003

>*But* you can play Castle Wolfenstein 3D on them! ;)

Why keep a 286 around when it does fine on my Mac? I don't play it 
much anymore, I bought the new Return to Castle Wolfenstein, someone 
told me it's based on the Quake 3 engine. Very nice, but needs a lot 
of memory. The Belkin Nostromo game controller really helps, too.

But what am I supposed to do with the old PC's? I'm keeping the more 
interesting stuff like my PC and XT. And my personal favorite, the HP 
Vectra. But the typical beige box junk is cluttering up my basement. 
Everything from 286/386 parts to Pentium MMX systems, what can be 
done with them besides recycling the chassis and hoping you'll need 
the other parts eventually? I don't imagine many people need or want 
that old stuff, even on eBay.

Speaking of eBay, I have some Apollo parts I'm going to put up just 
to see what happens. Odd stuff like WD7000 cards and memory cards and 
such. Once I gather up most of the other stuff I'll be offering it 
here on the list, but if you're interested in getting an old Apollo 
chassis and various parts and bits, let me know. I could probably 
ship the small stuff, but the big stuff is pretty heavy so I'd prefer 
to give it to someone local. I'll post a note here when I get it all 
together.

-- 

/------------------------------------\
|  http://jrollins.tripod.com/                   |
|  KD7BCY      [email-masked]          |
\------------------------------------/