Subject: Sunshine EPROM programmer for Apple II

From: Ian Primus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jul 23 22:05:28 2003

While cleaning, I ran across an old EPROM programmer for an Apple II 
computer. The only label on it is "Sunshine". Searching on the 'net has 
turned up nothing on this card, but some information on the PC version 
of the programmer. An EPROM programmer would be a very useful thing for 
some of the projects I would like to work on, but I don't have any 
software or information on this card. Does anyone have the software or 
manual or any information on this? Thanks!

Ian Primus
[email-masked]

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Jul 23 22:13:59 2003

I used to have the manual for the PC version and it looked extermely easy
to use. Everything was menu driven. IF you can find the software you should
be home free. IIRC the PC version programmed 2716s to 27512s.

   Joe

---

From: peter tremewen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jul 26 21:13:25 2003

I have a Sunshine EPROM Progammer to suit an IBM. I could probably
dig out the manual, though i'm not too sure how usefull it will be for you.
One useful bit of info that might help you dependant upon where you are
located is the supplier of my unit:

        Macro Dynamics
        Suite 7, 322 Mountain hwy
        Wantirna         Vic.3152
        (03) 9720 2399

        When I origainally brought the unit second hand, they where still
able to supply the apropriate software for my unit, though it was considered
fairly old. I'm not sure if they are still around, but if your Australia
based you may not have too much trouble find them. If you have a quick surf
to:

                <http://www.geocities.com/australianvintcomp/Misc/Misc.html>

        You will find a neat little picture of my EPROM Progammer on a site
I have quickly put up to show off my collection. Feel free to have a bit
more of a look around if you want, but there is not much there yet, i'm in
the middle of improving that, but it takes time........     I Hope this has
been SOME help to you.

                The Sinister Dragon....

---

From: "Dave Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat Jul 26 21:16:41 2003

Think thats the one that (originally) only worked properly on an XT with a
herc screen- still have one here somewhere- there was a later software
release that let you use the same hardware on 286 class machines provided
they were not too fast.  And it did max out at 27512s.
I can probably find the original pc s/w if it's any use but you're chasing
s/w for the Apple so probably it's not.

On the topic of EPROM prgrammers,  I'm still looking for s/w for the North
Valley SPGM-100 Universal programmer I have here.

DaveB
Christchurch, NZ