Subject: Re: Game console up to $200

From: chris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 21 00:58:50 2003

>A Magnavox Odyssey from 1972 is up to $200 with a few hours left to bid. I
>would like to have one but not at these prices.

I have one of these, but not complete. Its missing most of the little 
stuff like chips, cards, cash. Some overlays are missing, and I am pretty 
sure the rifle is long since destroyed.

I'm also not positive if the unit itself works or not. Its one of the 
things on my list to install in my "retro" basement when I finally find a 
house I can afford.

-chris
<http://www.mythtech.net>

---

From: Vintage Computer Festival <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Apr 21 00:59:30 2003

> would like to have one but not at these prices.

I assume you mean eBay.

They come up for auction there every week (it is not rare to see multiple
units listed simulateously), and it is rare when one sells for less than
$125.

Considering how many of them are out there (tens of thousands based on
the original sales figures) I don't think they're worth much more than
that as long as they are complete, including all the game pieces, cards,
chips, and overlays, and the box is in decent condition.

-- 

Sellam Ismail                                        Vintage Computer Festival
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
International Man of Intrigue and Danger                http://www.vintage.org

 * Old computing resources for business and academia at www.VintageTech.com *