Subject: Need help with an Infotek memory card

From: "Stan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jul 13 21:10:31 2003

Hello,

I have an HP 9816S with an Infotek Systems memory card in it. The card is
either misconfigured or defective, because I get the classic "memory
missing" error on startup.

Anyway, I'd like to find out whatever I can about this card, especially the
jumper and DIP switch settings. It's the standard HP 9000 Series 200/300
expansion board, with "Infotek Systems AM 210 Memory" silkscreened on the PC
board. There is also a label applied to another part of the board that says
"AM 242".

It has a four position DIP switch that I assume is to set the memory start
address, and another set of four 2-position jumpers located adjacent to the
DIP switch. It has 32 sets of 22 pin in-line sockets for memory modules, and
there are 16 of these sockets populated, each with a module containing four
256 Kbit chips. The modules are paired up, so that sockets 1 and 2 are
occupied, 3 and 4 are open, 5 and 6 are occupied, etc. Counting all the bits
suggests to me that there are 2 MBytes installed on this board, with room
for an additional 2 MBytes.

Is Infotek Systems still around? Last I heard, they were in Anaheim, CA, but
I can find no listing for them.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Stan

---

From: Joe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Jul 13 21:33:03 2003

Hi Stan,

   Boy are you in luck. It seems that I have the manual for this card (I'll
have to find it again). Here's an old message that I posted here on the
list a couple of months ago.

  " Did you ever find out anything about this card, other than the
technical description that someone posted? I THOUGHT I might have a manual
for it and I went looking for it today but didn't find it. (I'm still
looking). However I did find an Infotek manual for a 2Mb memory board for
the 9000 200s. It says that Infotek is a division of ALS Corporation and
their address was 1400 N Baxter St, Anaheim, California. This manual is
dated 1985 so they may or may not still be around but it might help in your
search. I think there are several list members in that area, maybe you can
get one of them to search locally.  I have several Infotech devices
including ROMs for the 9825, 9845, a memory card for the HP IPC and a
couple of these 2Mb cards for the 9000 200 computers so I'd like to try and
track them down too."

     Joe