Subject: Freeware CDs for RSX-11 and RT-11

From: "Jerome H. Fine" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed Mar 19 22:09:12 2003

In regard to the Freeware CDs for RSX-11 and RT-11
that Tim Shoppa originally produced:

I am in the middle of making up a second (very small) batch
of CDs and could easily add a few additional copies.

I will be making all copies of the CD images from:
ftp://ftp.trailing-edge.com/pub/cd-images/
http://www.classiccmp.org/PDP-11/RT-11/
http://www.classiccmp.org/PDP-11/RSX-11/

Since not everyone has both a high speed internet connection
and a CD burner, I thought it would be helpful to make them
available.  If you have both requirements and are using
Windows 98 SE / Nero Burning, I can help with the details
if you don't know how to burn a CD from an "Image File".

I have even been able to produce a label for each
CD that is close to the original label from Tim Shoppa,
although since they were scanned (THANK  YOU
FOR  THE  HELP), they are not perfect.

They are available at $ 5 / $ 9 / $ 12 for 1 / 2 / 3 CDs.

In addition, I understand that Memorex Black CD-Rs have a
longer shelf life and are available at Business Depot.  If anyone
wants those instead, add $ 1 for each CD that you are
requesting.  Thus those amounts are $ 6 / $ 11 / $ 15

I will be picking up some Memorx CD-R blanks in a few days
and starting on the copies for those who have already requested
that a Black CD-R be used.

Please include your mailing address!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In general, I will regard any funds you send as a gift so that if
anyone really can't afford the CDs, please state why that is so.

Outside of the US, probably about $ 2 should be sufficient
for extra postage.  All amounts are in US dollars.  Please ask
if you are not in the US.  No point in converting twice.

Sincerely yours,

Jerome Fine
--
If you attempted to send a reply and the original e-mail
address has been discontinued due a high volume of junk
e-mail, then the semi-permanent e-mail address can be
obtained by replacing the four characters preceding the
'at' with the four digits of the current year.

---

From: "Jeffrey S. Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 20 13:15:20 2003

How'd you DO that man?  The website has no links at all on it.  Are
there other secret archives there?

Regards,

Jeff

<SNIP>
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Jerome H. Fine
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 8:32 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Freeware CDs for RSX-11 and RT-11

---

From: "Jay West" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu Mar 20 15:13:33 2003

> >"Jeffrey S. Worley" wrote:
>
> > How'd you DO that man?  The website has no links at all on it.
Not sure what you mean. Standard stuff. One point though, I really REALLY
wish people who host "file transfer" sites would familiarize themselves with
the apache directive "IndexOptions +NameWidth=*".

> Are
Umm most definitely - including sites under www.classiccmp.com  :)

---

From: "Jerome H. Fine" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri Mar 21 12:20:02 2003

> > http://www.classiccmp.org/PDP-11/RSX-11/

Jerome Fine replies:

Jay West was kind enough to set all that up.  I had nothing to
do with it - well I did make some suggestions!  But Jay did
everything else!

THANK  YOU  Jay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely yours,

Jerome Fine