Subject: Wang OIS web pages

From: "Jim Donaghue" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun Mar 2 17:38:33 2003

I have put up a set of pages on the Wang OIS System. The OIS is a minicomputer system based on the Zilog Z80 processor. It was made from 1979 until around 1990. I also have an OIS emulator in development. Currently, it can run most of the OS utilities, program development, and Wang Word Processing. I have tested it with Red Hat Linux 7.2 and 7.3.
The pages are located at http://www.cass.net/~jdonoghu

---

From: Jim Battle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon Mar 3 12:42:30 2003

At 06:34 PM 3/2/03 -0500, you wrote:
>I have put up a set of pages on the Wang OIS System. The OIS is a 
>minicomputer system based on the Zilog Z80 processor. It was made from 
>1979 until around 1990. I also have an OIS emulator in development. 
>Currently, it can run most of the OS utilities, program development, and 
>Wang Word Processing. I have tested it with Red Hat Linux 7.2 and 7.3.

That is excellent, Jim!

Is there any chance of talking you to convert your emulator to use 
wxWindows ( http://www.wxwindows.org )?  It is a cross-platform GUI and 
system toolkit.  It is quite well done, and would allow running your 
emulator on a much larger range of platforms (PC, linux/unix, Mac, OS/2, 
...)  It is rather well done, has a very active developer community, and 
uses the native look & feel of the targeted GUI (it will look like a GTK 
app if that is what you link to, or a Motif app, or Win32, or XP, OS X, etc.)

I look forward to further developments on your web site.
-----
Jim Battle == [email-masked]